Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

i must say i find it funny to all of those fans with an inflated ego that think they’re better than “locals” who listen to born to die and lust for life that those are the songs she never sings and the ones she does sing are arcadia and chemtrails that everyone thinks are more underground for some reason 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Elle said:

45 gorgeous HQ pics - 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-5299 IMG-5308 IMG-5307 IMG-5306 IMG-5305 IMG-5304 IMG-5303 IMG-5302 IMG-5301 IMG-5300 IMG-5311 IMG-5310 IMG-5309 IMG-5314 IMG-5313 IMG-5312 IMG-5317 IMG-5316 IMG-5315 IMG-5320 IMG-5319 IMG-5318 IMG-5323 IMG-5322 IMG-5321 IMG-5326 IMG-5325 IMG-5324 IMG-5327 IMG-5330 IMG-5329 IMG-5328 IMG-5333 IMG-5332 IMG-5331 IMG-5336 IMG-5335 IMG-5334 IMG-5339 IMG-5338 IMG-5337 IMG-5342 IMG-5341 IMG-5340 IMG-5343

This is just hypnotising.

Like, she looks like she literally doesn't belong to this world. The level of beauty and the vulnerable, pure energy she radiates is just undescribable.

I could actually spend hours just staring at these pictures. What a rare, astounding treasure she is.

2 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i must say i find it funny to all of those fans with an inflated ego that think they’re better than “locals” who listen to born to die and lust for life that those are the songs she never sings and the ones she does sing are arcadia and chemtrails that everyone thinks are more underground for some reason 

Nobody thinks they're better than anyone, its about what became boring because its redundant after being done 500 times before. Already made the point its great for casual fans, they haven't seen it before. Nobody cares about being "underground" or what ever delusional perspective you're coming from, its just a gig. Not everything is to a different extreme lol its not that serious

Ugh the outro was so so good. That right there is something to build an entire set around. Could've been a big Gatsby party with some reworkings of songs with more big band live instrumentation. But Alas.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Just now, Crys10 said:

Can we just hope that they officially release Jealous girl? NOW is the time!!

She needs to realise how crazy people go over her unreleased music

2 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Nobody thinks they're better than anyone, its about what became boring because its redundant after being done 500 times before. Already made the point its great for casual fans, they haven't seen it before. Nobody cares about being "underground" or what ever delusional perspective you're coming from, its just a gig. Not everything is to a different extreme lol its not that serious

not referring to people who just use that term, but i’ve definitely encountered some people online that think they’re better than other fans! nobody in here is really like that but if you read instagram and tiktok comments you definitely see it. wasn’t directing anyone in here with that lol just an observation 

giphy.gif

I dont wanna be negative and all, since she seems to be enjoying these songs she keeps doing, but ma PLEASE retire PWYC and/or Bartender.

Thank god we were spared White Mustank this time

(and i love all three songs, but its getting kinda tiring treating them like alltimers, when other songs can get to shine too like Cruel World for example)

But atp with her keeping Bartender and The Grants for Coachella, i think it's time to stop predicting anything.

She's truly one of a kind in her decisions lol and i love her to death

She looked ethereal

It was a mixed bag, and I'm still processing/rationalizing it. I couldn't see the live cause it's way, WAY past my bedtime, but I was grateful to see it on youtube, in a priveleged seat relative to the average audience viewer. Her singing's nice (when she's not fading) and she's killing the Jessica Rabbit look, imo. The sound guy obviously had problems keeping up with her vocal dynamics and couldn't handle when she's soft and then increases volume. LDR's singing style is definitely of a past generation, but even that generation didn't sing that way (e.g., Ella and Billy -- the other Billy -- had much more power). Her energy levels also seemed intentionally markedly depressed at times, as if it were way, WAY past her bedtime too. However, I can spin/rationalize that as a new kind of somno-style (to go with narco-swing and others), so that she and her songs, are meant to be perceived in a hypnogogic dream state, with the subdued lighting (and images) helping that. That Baptiste showed up was understandable for this concert, and I liked their interluding better than the album's. However, when Billy Eilish came on, it was like "holy shit, I really must be dreaming this stuff", and I liked that part very much ("get out of my fucking face", lol). I'm just guessing (any opinions?)... Antonoff did essentially a "live solo" with a hologram of LDR, singing what I imagine to be the original vocal stems (?); at any rate her singing seemed different from the rest of the concert.  The hologram technique is usually done with dead artists (e.g., Tupac), so LDR's appearance, as such, was unsettling. Her morbidity game is certainly on point with that, even if it's the ghost of a past performance. Liked the Young and Beautiful outro and its horns. In sum, maybe her ambition exceeded her execution a bit, but ambition is still the most important thing for me. It will be interesting to see what her second performance will be (as in identical or with switch ups, or maybe she might do the same stuff a bit more amphetiminically, without the drugs, of course), though I doubt they'll stream that too.

1 minute ago, MrFameKills said:

I dont wanna be negative and all, since she seems to be enjoying these songs she keeps doing, but ma PLEASE retire PWYC and/or Bartender.

Thank god we were spared White Mustank this time

(and i love all three songs, but its getting kinda tiring treating them like alltimers, when other songs can get to shine too like Cruel World for example)

But atp with her keeping Bartender and The Grants for Coachella, i think it's time to stop predicting anything.

She's truly one of a kind in her decisions lol and i love her to death

She looked ethereal

i literally LOVE pretty when you cry but you’re right it’s so fucking overdone at her shows & she hardly ever does the song justice + the whole “laying on the ground while she sings it” thing is sooooo tired atp. It was cute the first time!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

i literally LOVE pretty when you cry but you’re right it’s so fucking overdone at her shows & she hardly ever does the song justice + the whole “laying on the ground while she sings it” thing is sooooo tired atp. It was cute the first time!

and i'm among the 10 Bartender warriors, but even i'm so exhausted by it :karaoke:

she has plenty of songs she's performed before that she can re-add, we're not asking her to sing Kintsugi

1 minute ago, Bonita said:

the fact no one screamed for Jack...

You Antonoff haters got the last laugh 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

apparently he’s a miserable cunt anyway :toofunny: 

Just now, MrFameKills said:

and i'm among the 10 Bartender warriors, but even i'm so exhausted by it :karaoke:

she has plenty of songs she's performed before that she can re-add, we're not asking her to sing Kintsugi

Like bring back the BTD setlist atp if ur just going to overplay the same songs you’ve been doing for years and years anyway :krylie:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

So she looked amazing. 

the set list needs work tho. I’m sorry Coachella is not the place for piano ballads. It definitely dragged in the second half. 

the streets want Brooklyn Baby, Off to the Races, Freak (or anything from honeymoon), Peppers, etc

Bartender has had its time lol 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

So apparently at some point during the set the keyboard broke and also hadn’t been tuned correctly & ofc issues with her mic and ear-ins, reported by Jen Stith’s sister who heard this from Jen x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

17 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

not referring to people who just use that term, but i’ve definitely encountered some people online that think they’re better than other fans! nobody in here is really like that but if you read instagram and tiktok comments you definitely see it. wasn’t directing anyone in here with that lol just an observation 

There used to be quite a few members here who had a very superior attitude and made LB a miserable experience. Thank goodness most are gone. 

I’m glad I didn’t stay up late to watch since the setlist was her usual…. Catching up now and God, her look was absolutely legendary, I started crying when I saw a pic of her. The Hope performance and Ocean Eyes/VG performance were amazing