Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

37 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I feel bad for L4na. I’ve been saying this but she’s not taking good care of her health/voice and it’s now catching up to her. I’m watching her old performances from the last time she was at Coachella. And there was no stage fright. She was very comfortable on stage. Absolutely just vibing and really feeling her music. She sang every word to every song. No backup singers. No dancers or production. She was so natural and not awkward at all. Her movements and the way she sings was very artful and dramatic and quite beautiful. It complimented the performance. 

Where’s the stage fright or shyness there???? Like the BTD performance there is just so captivating. Her movements, the hands, and everything. It’s like she’s performing and feeling the music and interpreting it LIVE with her gestures. No dancers, no backup singers, no back vocals, nothing. It’s just her performing. And National Anthem? She ate that up henny. There was no choregraphy but she still ate that up. Just vibing to the music.

Now fast forward to 2024, it’s very weird because it’s like it’s not the same person anymore. It’s actually shocking how much has changed. Her whole demeanor is not even the same anymore. Like even the way she walks. And she’s completely disconnected to the music. It’s so bizzare to me because she’s way more timid and insecure than she was back then in 2014. The L4na at 2024 Coachella is very similar to the L4na at the Grammy stage when T4ylor dragged her there and also very similar to the first MITA festival. People keep saying she has always been a shy performer, but even the SNL performance, which wasn’t the greatest vocally, she wasn’t timid at all there.

People change, it’s sad but it happens. She’s changed for the better too.

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

you can’t be the same after 10 years, i am not the same person, you aren’t the same person and lana isn’t the same person. that’s all :adele:

This!, However I do agree somewhat about the part they said where she doesn’t really take good care of her voice. She needs to start doing that more.

Maybe she is no longer so interested in getting used to roles that are more than 10 years old:eek:

This may be the reason for the immediate inclusion of new material in the set!! I mean...

Henry come on :yayaya:

On 4/14/2024 at 11:24 PM, honeymoon is alive said:

you can’t be the same after 10 years, i am not the same person, you aren’t the same person and lana isn’t the same person. that’s all :adele:

On 4/14/2024 at 11:18 PM, DemonMic2003 said:

People change, it’s sad but it happens. She’s changed for the better too.

Well, idk about that. It’s not a positive change. She seems more sad (as crazy as it sounds). Secluded, lonely, timid, lacking confidence. Uncoordinated, spazzing and disconnected on stage.

Looking at the 2014 performance, you’d think that woman right there would be even wilder and freer than she was. But she ended up being more reclusive.

9 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Well yes, but it’s not a positive change. She seems more sad (as crazy as it sounds). Secluded, lonely, timid, lacking confidence. Uncoordinated, spazzing and disconnected on stage.

Looking at the 2014 performance, you’d think that woman right there would be even wilder and freer than she was. But she ended up being more reclusive.

Maybe she’s just tired in the sense she wants to sleep

2 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Some of these nasty reviews are making me so sad. To me, Lana is a star akin to older generations—when musicians didn’t spend months training, both physically and vocally, for a show or tour, but showed up as they were, just to sing, without all of the fanfare. I absolutely appreciate spectacles like the Eras tour and Beychella, etc., those are masterful feats of artistry and intense preparation, but I just don’t feel like that’s what Lana’s after. Obviously I don’t know her personally, but to me, she’s more of a songwriter and poet who probably prefers a normal, delicate, relaxed existence (exemplified by her appearing at random garden stores and coffee shops along the California coast). I think she probably still battles stage fright, and I’m really amazed and proud that she signed up to do these two shows. After writing music so different from—and changing the sound of—the industry over the past 10 years+, it’s really cool to see her finally get her flowers as the headliner and do it in her own way. Maybe a massive arena-style stage isn’t the kindest venue for her talents and unique energy, but she did it in her own way, with heart and absolute style. I’m proud to be a fan and it’s not surprising to see these reviews (ahem, Guardian) revert to their 2014 tone. 

This is how I feel. 
I personally love Taylor, love the eras tour and everything about it. I appreciate Taylor’s artistry and the fact that she trains for months (maybe even years who knows) to be able to get up there and bounce around, sing, play guitar & piano etc. I appreciate the fact that there are little to no flaws and “mistakes”

but I also appreciate Lana so deeply for everything you just said. I have NEVER watched Lana live and thought it was “bad”. Not on SNL, not at Coachella this Friday. I feel like I understand what she is going for every time and to me it’s so beautiful. The little “flaws” are what make Lana live so unique and special. 

I’ve seen Lana 3 times, twice in Charlotte NC in a seat pretty far back, one being in 2015 for the endless summer tour & the 2nd this past September. That venues capacity is around 20k. The 3rd time I saw her was in the pit in West Virginia in October and that venues capacity is around 13k. 
Seeing her in the smaller 13k venue was THE BEST. She seemed so confident, comfortable & happy. I pray I get to see her like that again, I feel so lucky. She truly shines in those smaller venues. 

7 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

This is how I feel. 
I personally love Taylor, love the eras tour and everything about it. I appreciate Taylor’s artistry and the fact that she trains for months (maybe even years who knows) to be able to get up there and bounce around, sing, play guitar & piano etc. I appreciate the fact that there are little to no flaws and “mistakes”

but I also appreciate Lana so deeply for everything you just said. I have NEVER watched Lana live and thought it was “bad”. Not on SNL, not at Coachella this Friday. I feel like I understand what she is going for every time and to me it’s so beautiful. The little “flaws” are what make Lana live so unique and special. 

I’ve seen Lana 3 times, twice in Charlotte NC in a seat pretty far back, one being in 2015 for the endless summer tour & the 2nd this past September. That venues capacity is around 20k. The 3rd time I saw her was in the pit in West Virginia in October and that venues capacity is around 13k. 
Seeing her in the smaller 13k venue was THE BEST. She seemed so confident, comfortable & happy. I pray I get to see her like that again, I feel so lucky. She truly shines in those smaller venues. 

I’d be down for smaller venues… just come to Toronto again Lana plz