Furor Poeticus

One-album wonders

poor melanie created one of the best albums in the world so she can never top that:oprah: and i’m not a hater by any means, it’s just her debut is flawless every single detail is flawless means it has no flaw from music, counting unreleased, to the era as a whole stan and stream cry baby if u haven’t today:oprah3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 hours ago, godsmonster said:

The Open Door would like a word

Literally !! Fallen is definitely the best Evanescense album, but like The Open Door is good :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

21 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Paloma Faith - Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful.

:shock2: 

tbh I like all of her albums (my favourites are debut and Infinite Things) but to be fair, yes, her debut is her most authentic, eccentric, creative, and unique. Fall to Grace still has some of that, but then A Perfect Contradiction is like 50/50 to me, then The Architect sounds very mainstream-pleasing although it has its bops, Infinite Things feels somewhat watered down (although it's top 2 for me, surprisingly), and we'll see what comes with her next album in February :lolliney: 

anyways, nice to find someone else who listens to Paloma!

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

46 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

:shock2: 

tbh I like all of her albums (my favourites are debut and Infinite Things) but to be fair, yes, her debut is her most authentic, eccentric, creative, and unique. Fall to Grace still has some of that, but then A Perfect Contradiction is like 50/50 to me, then The Architect sounds very mainstream-pleasing although it has its bops, Infinite Things feels somewhat watered down (although it's top 2 for me, surprisingly), and we'll see what comes with her next album in February :lolliney: 

anyways, nice to find someone else who listens to Paloma!

I saw her on the tour for her second album, after obsessing over Want the Truth, and she didn't play a single song from the debut. I kind of lost interest in her after that. It didn't help that I discovered Lana around the same time. The debut is still a masterpiece, though.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I'm on (another) 90s binge atm, so:

What's the Story Morning Glory by Oasis

Aquarium by Aqua (I actually really like this album; it's funny as fuck when you're high)

Jagged Little Pill by Alanis (I'm sorry Alanis but it's true)

Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 1/10/2024 at 11:53 PM, evalionisameme said:

Garbage kinda- although 2.0 was equally successful.

Lauryn hill 

I was gonna say Garbage but tbh I also like the poppy one they did (Beautiful Garbage?) 

Most people don't like it but to me it feels like one big piss-take of the culture

I think an argument could also be made for Celebrity Skin by Hole

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

But 2.0 was their most successful album wasn't it?

I think they’re pretty much neck and neck but debuts singles are definitely more remembered- n1 crush( kept off the album initially because of some nutty lady who thought it would inspire copycat crime :toofloppy:) only happy when it rains and stupid girl are all their classics objectively- whereas 2.0 has  I think I’m paranoid and push it which are kinda remembered.

So I think you could make a fair case that they are remembered for their debut despite other albums having success overall.

just looked and garbage sold more than 2.0 based on certifications it seems.

On 1/22/2024 at 5:34 PM, evalionisameme said:

I think they’re pretty much neck and neck but debuts singles are definitely more remembered- n1 crush( kept off the album initially because of some nutty lady who thought it would inspire copycat crime :toofloppy:) only happy when it rains and stupid girl are all their classics objectively- whereas 2.0 has  I think I’m paranoid and push it which are kinda remembered.

So I think you could make a fair case that they are remembered for their debut despite other albums having success overall.

just looked and garbage sold more than 2.0 based on certifications it seems.

Might depend a bit on the market, but I guess Stupid Girl/ Only Happy When It Rains/ Queer/ #1 Crush/ Subhuman kind of match with I Think I'm Paranoid/ Push It/ Special/ When I Grow Up/ The Trick Is To Keep Breathing when it comes to their most known tracks (and #1 Crush/ Subhuman were b-sides only).

So I think they might count as "2 album wonders"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!