i see all this confessions praise and i die inside :eartha2:

don't get me wrong it's an EXCELLENT album

but

it's just really good pop music

meanwhile she invented SEX with erotica

invented RELIGION and DIVORCE with like a prayer

invented MOTHERHOOD with ray of light

invented POLITICS with american life

invented literally what you're praising confessions for doing with every single featured on the immaculate collection

and confessions? it's pretty much just meaningless club music and it's REALLY GOOD meaningless club music (aside from isaac which is probably the best song ever created)

but it hasn't pushed the envelope for anyone or anything

Spoiler

the confessions TOUR though is a whole different story though probably the best tour in music history :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

but

invented literally what you're praising confessions for doing with every single featured on the immaculate collection

and confessions? it's pretty much just meaningless club music and it's REALLY GOOD meaningless club music (aside from isaac which is probably the best song ever created)

Hide contents

the confessions TOUR though is a whole different story though probably the best tour in music history :true:

How DARE YOU

1 hour ago, Sister Ray said:

Confessions is THE best album she has ever created

Facts! 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

but

Reveal hidden contents

music doesn't have to be inventive for it to be amazing 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

Well in a way it did: I don't think there would be as many mainstream albums celebrating the 80s/90s and transforming parts of its sound into something new (Albums such as Emotions, Aphrodite, Disco & Future Nostalgia for exemple) had she not done IT

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Madonna was such an incredible artist up to Music. Everything she did was ahead of its time in the pop game, reinventing herself album after album. American Life was a bold attempt at politics (but not a very subtle one), Confessions was pure bliss. 
But I am not at all impressed by her recent albums, I must say. Culture has caught up to her and it’s harder and harder to keep pushing the envelope when everything seems to be have done and not shocking anymore (which has always been a key element to her music: to spark some controversy or at least, some discussion). Plus her recent albums lack a coherent vision and mix match a lot of « it producers » that don’t really end up making  coherent albums, in the end. There are still good songs on each of them, but the magic is missing for me, I must say. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Madonna was such an incredible artist up to Music. Everything she did was ahead of its time in the pop game, reinventing herself album after album. American Life was a bold attempt at politics (but not a very subtle one), Confessions was pure bliss. 
But I am not at all impressed by her recent albums, I must say. Culture has caught up to her and it’s harder and harder to keep pushing the envelope when everything seems to be have done and not shocking anymore (which has always been a key element to her music: to spark some controversy or at least, some discussion). Plus her recent albums lack a coherent vision and mix match a lot of « it producers » that don’t really end up making  coherent albums, in the end. There are still good songs on each of them, but the magic is missing for me, I must say. 

:true:

exactly what i’m trying to say

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yes but American life has some of her best songwriting and out of this world production. Beyond underrated album. I do think this biggest weakness of mdna, rebel, and madame x is they aren’t cohesive. BUT I do think each of those albums have moments/highlights that still shine through. 
Gang Bang, I’m addicted, love spent, devil pray, ghosttown, body shop, holy water, messiah, god control, crave, crazy, I don’t search I find