Guest Zephyr

Madonna

American Life deserved better. Except for I'm so Stupid it's a great album with some of her best tracks like Hollywood, Easy Rider, Love Profusion?? Alas at the time of its release and the title track + music video

8z0n64l.png

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, YourGirl666 said:

Cumtraces Over The Dance Floor when bestie?

She could still pull it off, I believe in her. I mean:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

It's official!

NEW YORK, NY – August 16, 2021: Madonna and Warner Music Group today announced a milestone, career-spanning global partnership that includes a new agreement for her entire recorded music catalog. With global sales of over 300 million records, Madonna is the best-selling female artist of all time, with countless accolades that include seven Grammy Awards, 24 ASCAP Pop Music Awards, and numerous international trophies, including BRIT, Bravo Otto, Danish Music, Edison, GAFFA, International Dance Music, Ivor Novello, Juno, MTV, and World Music Awards, among many others across the globe. She was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2008.

This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna’s debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations.

Warner Chappell Music also globally administers all of Madonna’s songwriting work. This features such top-charting hits as “Like A Prayer,” “Vogue,” “Into the Groove,” “La Isla Bonita,” “Live to Tell,” “True Blue,” “Open Your Heart,” “Who’s That Girl,” “Express Yourself,” “Lucky Star,” “Take A Bow,” and many more.

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.

This monumental deal was executed by Madonna’s longtime manager Guy Oseary at Maverick, Allen Grubman of Grubman Shire Meiselas & Sachs P.C., her business manager Richard Feldstein of NKSFB, and Max Lousada, CEO, Recorded Music, Warner Music Group.

Madonna said: "Since the very beginning, Warner Music Group has helped bring my music and vision to all my fans around the world with the utmost care and consideration. They have been amazing partners, and I am delighted to be embarking on this next chapter with them to celebrate my catalogue from the last 40 years.”

Guy Oseary said: “Over the past 30 years, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna’s incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works.”

Max Lousada added: “We’re honored to be forming a dynamic new partnership with an incomparable superstar whose influence on our musical and artistic landscape is immense and immutable. Madonna has changed the course of pop and dance music, while taking live performance to new heights of drama and invention. At the same time, she uses her fame to amplify some of the most important social issues and movements of our time. Constantly and fearlessly challenging convention, her four decades of music are not only an extraordinary body of work, but a playbook for creative and cultural evolution.”

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

happy birthday to the literal queen of pop! madonna has been such an huge inspiration to me over the past 2 years since i discovered her artistry. she is truly the most influential female artist to ever live, and one of the greatest artists to date. ray of light & erotica are some of the greatest albums ever made and i hope the future generations will honor her name as previous & current ones do <3

She posted birthday party pics & I seriously thought the pic of her daughter was an old pic of her from years ago… the genes are so strong & stunning. 

I never did listen to Madame X though… what was the overall reception / vibe of that album??? Confessions remains my fave Madonna album & I actually enjoyed MDNA & Rebel Heart (though I prefer most of the demos to the final versions of RH)… does Madame X follow that sound ?? 

14417469274.gif

23 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

She posted birthday party pics & I seriously thought the pic of her daughter was an old pic of her from years ago… the genes are so strong & stunning. 

I never did listen to Madame X though… what was the overall reception / vibe of that album??? Confessions remains my fave Madonna album & I actually enjoyed MDNA & Rebel Heart (though I prefer most of the demos to the final versions of RH)… does Madame X follow that sound ?? 

It's actually her best received album in years :wowcry:

Although the singles where just not it (maybe except for Dark Ballet, but this one was still a failed experiment to me) the whole album is surprisingly good. God Control, Batuka, Occident, Faz Gostoso and I don't search are the highlights

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

16 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Half of Madame X is very American Dream-esque and the other half is latin pop and whatever other sounds were mainstream in 2019

The best songs are: God Control, I Don't Search I Find, Faz Gostoso, Extreme Occident, Dark Ballet & Looking For Mercy

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

7 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

It's easily her best album since Confessions. Like @Still Sane said, it's a bit like American Life's spiritual successor, but mixed with Latin, Portuguese, Oriental, and African influences. Outside of Medellín, God Control, Faz Gostoso and I Don't Search I Find, it's a bit hard to get into, but once it clicks, it's amazing, so do give it a chance! Also, the music videos are really worth watching. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'm not a huge fan of her music except for her biggest hits, I don't like her as a person but whenever I hear my generation say that she's nothing special and that they have no idea what was the hype around her I can barely hold myself from saying "You're fucking dumb af, aren't you? ". Seriously, she literally changed the image of pop stars forever. It's hard to name a more influential artist than her. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

16 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Madame x is more like American life over mdna & rebel so it might not be everyone’s cup of tea but “crave” has become one of my fav songs of hers so I would recommend that one at least :)