7. Rebel Heart
  8. MDNA
  9. Bedtime Stories
  10. Like A Prayer
  11. Hard Candy
  12. True Blue

13. Madonna
  14. Like A Virgin

As much as I can understand that not all of her albums are for everyone, I will always appreciate her will to experiment and take risks. No two Madonna albums sound the same, and I think this kind of versatility is still unmatched in pop music.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

This coming from someone with a Grimes avi... worms

sweetie relax i stan merican life now

Anyway. 

1. Ray Of Light
  2. Confessions On A Dance Floor
  3. American Life
  4. Erotica
  5. Music

6. Madame X
  7. Rebel Heart
  8. MDNA
  9. Bedtime Stories
  10. Like A Prayer
  11. Hard Candy
  12. True Blue

13. Madonna
  14. Like A Virgin

As much as I can understand that not all of her albums are for everyone, I will always appreciate her will to experiment and take risks. No two Madonna albums sound the same, and I think this kind of versatility is still unmatched in pop music.

this is exactly my ranking oh my god our minds! except i'd swap music for like a prayer (though music is amazing and would be just on the edge of my top 5) and probably not put her debut so low as it kinda slaps... though like a virgin is kinda trash so she got what she deserved there

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1. Ray Of Light

2. American Life

3. Music

4. Confessions

5. Madame X

6. Rebel Heart

7. True Blue

8. Like a Prayer

9. MDNA

10. Erotica

11. Bedtime Stories

12. Like a Virgin

13. Hard Candy

14. Madonna

this was so difficult omg. the first 4 positions periodically swaps eachother.

I could never rank the albums like that, but I categorize them like this:

Overall Favs:

-Confessions 

-Ray Of Light

-Erotica

-Madame X

2nd Fav:

-Music

-MDNA

-Hard Candy

3rd Fav:

-Rebel Heart

-American Life

Don't care too much about the other albums...Of course there are some amazing songs (Secret, Take A Bow, Like A Prayer, Oh Father, La Isla Bonita, Borderline etc.) but as full projects most of them don't impress me too much.)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

does anyone else follow her on insta? why does girl keep jumping back and forth between NY and London? Like she was in the Hamptons last week but now seems to be in London today? 

I get she probably flies private and isn't putting anyone at risk cuz she has immunity, but like what's the point of hopping around the globe lol 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Vogue is the most retail, shopping-esque song I have ever heard. Reminds me of malls, department stores, shopping, etc

With the release of the song, Madonna brought the underground "vogueing" into mainstream culture.[22][75] Before Madonna popularized the dance, vogue was performed mostly in bars and disco of New York City on the underground gay scene.[76] Steven Canals, the co-creator of TV series Pose stated "If we're looking at the history of ballroom and specifically that moment in time, what Madonna did was bring ballroom to the mainstream. She introduced the world to this community who, up until that point in time, had been a subculture."[77] Vogueing has since become a prominent dance form practised worldwide, and many performers have followed Madonna's footsteps, with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Azealia Banks all adopting the dance style and incorporating it into their music videos and performances.[77]

The song is also noted for bringing house music into mainstream popular music,[78][79] as well as for reviving disco music after a decade of its commercial death. Erick Henderson of Slant Magazine explained that the song "was instrumental in allowing disco revivalism to emerge, allowing the denigrated gay genre to soar once again within the context of house music, the genre disco became in its second life."[80] Sal Cinquemani of the same publication wrote that the song was "making its impact all the more impressive (it would go on to inspire a glut of pop-house copycats) and begging the question: If disco died a decade earlier, what the fuck was this big, gay, fuscia drag-queen boa of a dance song sitting on top of the charts for a month for?"[21]

One year of  Madame X?

be8f8d5bfb7cc8d318804368fc9646c1.gif

The anniversary and the summery weather we've had recently made me fall in love with Madame X all over again. Arguably one of Madonna's very best and most important albums, and songs like God Control, Extreme Occident, Dark Ballet, and I Rise somehow feel even more relevant right now than they did last year. I also caved and finally ordered the boxset lol.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

beep beep

SO a bunch of stans chipped in £1500 to buy a madonna promotional containing a shit ton of demos from confessions on a dancefloor (greedy lana stans could literally NEVER). they're planning to leak the whole thing on sunday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Madonna-VERY-RARE-IN-HOUSE-PROMO-CD-DIFFERENT-MIXES-UN-MASTERED-UNRELEASED-/254608935802?hash=item3b47e00b7a%3Ag%3A5C4AAOSwzINezAI-&nma=true&si=OEBc9gHIwjE6VrQQB2%252BnXZnA9bs%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&fbclid=IwAR0YX-h4SBt5xuwZv2neM7Wt5IGTEtH96IwOgiv_7QSV53LZ5kMmE2MD5Ag

https://soundcloud.com/user-94446130

super fucking interesting! what a gem, its so interesting to see leaks from old albums

Apparently Madonna is back with Warner again. Very exciting!

what does this mean? new album?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what does this mean? new album?

Warner is the label she first signed to with her debut single, so the fact that she has now resigned with them & that’s she’s working on a biopic suggest we might be getting some rereleases soon

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

So apparently after shutting down a biopic about her that has already been written, Madonna is writing her own screenplay with Oscar-Winning writer, Diablo Cody. She posted about it on both her Instagram stories and IGTV. Not much is known about the project, other than that she was describing her 90s tours to the writer. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️