Guest Zephyr

Madonna

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

rebel heart is a mess, lust for life teas.. and i dont know what the fuck is going on with madame x and that football stadium chanting batuka mess, although madame x had some great story telling most of the songs did not sound good at all and thats the tea honey, mdna is messy done right even though the second half of the album was a static mess that sounded like it was half finished & recorded underwater with one headphone working superstar teas

you do live up to the worst taste title dont you

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

5 hours ago, The Ocean said:

no because madge is queen for a reason (aka not repeating herself)

Ofc im not expecting Ray of Light 2.0 literally. What I meant is the same level artistry evolutionary shit she served with Ray of Light era.

Or at least - Confession era. I mean, we get it: She is the queen and now she is doing more mainstream stuff in a specific period of time since she reached her legend status and dont need to prove anything else (Hard Candy - Timbaland, Timberlake, Pharell 2000s vibes; MDNA: generic EDM; Rebel Heart: generic mainstream pop; Madame X: The auto tune & the trapbeatz). But c'mon we need another Ray of Light-kind of level moment from her.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Her photoshoot where she recreated dead Marlyn Monroe's picture was disgusting. Such an empowering thing to do, Madonna. Americans can never stop romanticizing someone's tragedy because it was a beautiful woman in question. Same energy like The Most Beautiful Suicide. When was the last time someone recreated Kurt Cobain's suicide? Never? Oh, okay. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

7 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Ofc im not expecting Ray of Light 2.0 literally. What I meant is the same level artistry evolutionary shit she served with Ray of Light era.

candy shop was some artistry evolutionary shit right there :oopna:

Spoiler

i mean some people think madame x was that moment because of the portuguese influences along with god control so it could definitely be subjective

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, shady said:

Her photoshoot where she recreated dead Marlyn Monroe's picture was disgusting. Such an empowering thing to do, Madonna. Americans can never stop romanticizing someone's tragedy because it was a beautiful woman in question. Same energy like The Most Beautiful Suicide. When was the last time someone recreated Kurt Cobain's suicide? Never? Oh, okay. 

america in itself tends to romanticize their/our past tragedies in general. also i think it was an attempt at trying to be edgy and controversial but it backfired because madonna is a rich white woman in her 60’s and she is finally losing her grip on society

12 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

she doesn't owe shit to young girls. that's the exact same dumb argument people used talking about how lana "glorifies submiss.iveness and not being able to live without a man to young girls". having plastic surgery and showing your body on instagram isn't a sign of immaturity and dumbness, it just shows that society will applaud a 20-something year old woman for doing the same thing, but crucify a 60 year old for doing so. her body looks great anyway, why not show it off?

We can agree to disagree I’m not starting this off again on here

Anyways I was watching the truth or dare documentary film again recently… simply ICONIC

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

On 12/22/2021 at 2:19 PM, The Ocean said:

america in itself tends to romanticize their/our past tragedies in general. also i think it was an attempt at trying to be edgy and controversial but it backfired because madonna is a rich white woman in her 60’s and she is finally losing her grip on society

I respect her so much and it pisses me off that Gen Z have no idea that she changed female pop stars forever. On the other hand, her behavior nowadays is embarrassing. It's like she matures backwards. She's embarrassing herself constantly with flashing her ass, bbl, excessive plastic surgery, a boyfriend in his 20s, that pink wig moment, that quarantine bathroom performance etc.  She should've retired after Rebel Heart with grace. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

42 minutes ago, shady said:

I respect her so much and it pisses me off that Gen Z have no idea that she changed female pop stars forever. On the other hand, her behavior nowadays is embarrassing. It's like she matures backwards. She's embarrassing herself constantly with flashing her ass, bbl, excessive plastic surgery, a boyfriend in his 20s, that pink wig moment, that quarantine bathroom performance etc.  She should've retired after Rebel Heart with grace. 

:true:

this completely described my thoughts on this situation so perfectly

26 minutes ago, White Dress said:

American Life is so underrated, my personal favorite at the moment. The production on the album is so crisp and satisfying, especially on her vocals.

it’s such a great album. nothing fails is especially great especially when the choir comes in :wowcry:

5 hours ago, shady said:

I respect her so much and it pisses me off that Gen Z have no idea that she changed female pop stars forever.

I agreed with you up to this point.

Madonna has and will always be known for her outrageous antics. What she does now is no different from what she did in 1990 when she was filming the Truth or Dare docu. 

Without the crazy outrageous antics, then what is Madonna? You'll just get.. Cher.. :crai:

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

5 hours ago, shady said:

i would hardly call rebel heart retiring with grace, terrible, terrible album

On 12/22/2021 at 6:51 AM, Whore of Tropico said:

She is the queen and now she is doing more mainstream stuff in a specific period of time since she reached her legend status and dont need to prove anything else (Hard Candy - Timbaland, Timberlake, Pharell 2000s vibes; MDNA: generic EDM; Rebel Heart: generic mainstream pop; Madame X: The auto tune & the trapbeatz). But c'mon we need another Ray of Light-kind of level moment from her.

I agree that she was more or less trend-hopping with Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart — but how was Madame X even remotely mainstream? Just because of Future and the Maluma collabs? I mean, come on: She brought back disco pop before everyone else did (God Control), Dark Ballet was more innovative than anything else in pop at the time (and lowkey still is), and I honestly can't think of anything released by a pop artist that is further away from mainstream than Extreme Occident, Killers Who Are Partying, or Ciao Bella.

On that album, she literally combined pop, trap, electro-pop, house, disco, fado, batuque, gumbé, Brazilian funk, elements from an Italian protest folk song and even PC Music influences, all the while singing in English, Spanish and Portuguese – and somehow it works. I don't think that's something that can be said about anyone else in pop. 

Of course, this still doesn't mean that everyone has to like it. I think Madame X is an album that can feel overwhelming or simply "too much" for some people, especially with some of the production choices and the use of autotune for effect (even more so than on American Life, which she also produced with Mirwais 15 years earlier). But if there's one Madonna album that I really wish people gave another try, it's definitely Madame X. 

Also, while we're at it: Madame X >>> MDNA > Rebel Heart > Hard Candy 

On another note, I'm super excited for 2022! Not only is she currently in the studio again and working on music with people such as Mike Dean, Swae Lee and Sickick, but we also have the Warner reissue campaign scheduled, and then there's of course the biopic. I think it's gonna be quite a year. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif