Guest Zephyr

Madonna

5 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I agree that she was more or less trend-hopping with Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart — but how was Madame X even remotely mainstream? Just because of Future and the Maluma collabs? I mean, come on: She brought back disco pop before everyone else did (God Control), Dark Ballet was more innovative than anything else in pop at the time (and lowkey still is), and I honestly can't think of anything released by a pop artist that is further away from mainstream than Extreme Occident, Killers Who Are Partying, or Ciao Bella.

On that album, she literally combined pop, trap, electro-pop, house, disco, fado, batuque, gumbé, Brazilian funk, elements from an Italian protest folk song and even PC Music influences, all the while singing in English, Spanish and Portuguese – and somehow it works. I don't think that's something that can be said about anyone else in pop. 

Of course, this still doesn't mean that everyone has to like it. I think Madame X is an album that can feel overwhelming or simply "too much" for some people, especially with some of the production choices and the use of autotune for effect (even more so than on American Life, which she also produced with Mirwais 15 years earlier). But if there's one Madonna album that I really wish people gave another try, it's definitely Madame X. 

there is a reason why you were one of the people i nominated for best taste at the lipsters

5 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Also, while we're at it: Madame X >>> Hard Candy > MDNA > Rebel Heart

fixed :makeup:

Spoiler

quick edit: hard candy is still pretty bad but at least it's not superstar & b-day song

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, slut4davegahan said:

I agreed with you up to this point.

Madonna has and will always be known for her outrageous antics. What she does now is no different from what she did in 1990 when she was filming the Truth or Dare docu. 

Without the crazy outrageous antics, then what is Madonna? You'll just get.. Cher.. :crai:

:gclap:

here's the correct options for her magnum opus

• Like A Prayer [for breaking down taboos involving religion & race as well as talking more openly about herself & her experiences]
  • Erotica [for breaking down taboos involving sex]
  • Ray Of Light [for it's production as well as it's subject matter involving motherhood, romantic relationships & death]
  • American Life [for it's political themes, folktronica sound & further themes of motherhood]

anything else besides these 4 (or the immaculate collection if you wanna be that ho) are just incorrect :teehee:

Just now, the ocean said:

• Like A Prayer [for breaking down taboos involving religion & race as well as talking more openly about herself & her experiences]
  • Ray Of Light [for it's production as well as it's subject matter involving motherhood, romantic relationships & death]
  • American Life [for it's political themes, folktronica sound & further themes of motherhood]

anything else besides these 4 (or the immaculate collection if you wanna be that ho) are just incorrect :teehee:

i was just going to type that  Like a Prayer is a possible alternative for my post lol. Ok I can accept that 

1 minute ago, LunaeManifestum said:

i was just going to type that  Like a Prayer is a possible alternative for my post lol. Ok I can accept that 

the true blue SINGLES RUN is probably her best though. sadly the album is ruined by the last 2 tracks

34 minutes ago, the ocean said:

5 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

you are so right bestie ! 

:true:

She has become increasingly cringey since 2019. Her behavior is absurd. She was so elegant and eloquent from 2002-2007--ever since her divorce she's been wacky. Saw her on Fallon and had to turn it off because of second-hand embarrassment. There's a line between pushing the envelope and making an ass of yourself. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

3 minutes ago, slut4davegahan said:

Shes more Lady Gaga now than lady gaga herself has been within the past 6 or so years :blush3:

the difference though is that fame era lady gaga actually made some points

current madonna is not making any points