Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

23 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I think 13 tracks is good. Her longer albums tend to be bloated sorry LFL/BB/Ocean Blvd. I think 12-14 tracks is the perfect length for her. 

I don’t find 13 tracks suitable for lana, considering she likes interludes & collabing, that would leave us with 8-10 solo songs :uh: 16 tracks is perfect 

14 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I agree. And if someone said it was 16 tracks I would be happy with that too haha. I mean obviously you know I love TTPD which has gotten the “bloated” argument a million times. But my comment was more for the people who are dissapointed it isn’t some 18+ track long mega album lol (which I find funny considering how many people on here accused Taylor of being “greedy” for releasing a double album…. but that’s not the point). I think a shorter album can be an indication of more thought out tracklist and picking the best of the best.

Oh absolutely, I won’t be mad or blink an eye if it’s not 16+ tracks! It’s not like this is her first album in years, she knows how to keep her fans fed! I like her ‘picking the best ones’ mindset that she had for Ocean, but I do agree that a shorter more thought out track listing is beneficial. I do think Lasso should be a bit shorter just because I think it’s going to be more of a concept album 

"Don’t forget me"

If she has been making that album for 4 years (so since late 2019/early 2020) then it has definitely different "tones" in it because in those years she has met different producers as well, like Drew Erickson whom she met in early 2021.

url%5D

I’m self aware clearly, but I’ll still express that if we got a more heightened blue banisters. Like dip blue banisters in a rich figurative roast black coffee and liquor of a sound and visual scape, add a bit more components pointed towards reminding listeners of a falling sunset and shooting stars. Dark rich tones, of sound and outfits/ visuals that extend that feel. Tie it up with high notes on reverb. Lasso like Blue Banisters with a healthy dosage of UV, and smidge of HM’s enchanting. Imagine that

UV/Honeymoon

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

If she has been making that album for 4 years (so since late 2019/early 2020) then it has definitely different "tones" in it because in those years she has met different producers as well, like Drew Erickson whom she met in early 2021.

I kind of don't think it's true that she has been working on it for 4 years:air: Maybe one or two tracks are from Chemtrails/BB/OB but really, I think she just means she has been wanting to do a country record since then. She's talked about it like the songwriting style is more melodic and less revealing because she felt like she got it all out with the past records. Which makes me think at least 90% of the record was written post OB. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The only reason I don’t want Lasso to be 13 tracks is coz it’s an odd number and that STRESSES me out lmao

Spoiler

13 is my lucky number

54 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I’ll accept 13 tracks IF it means her psychedelic surf rock trip hop masterpiece 20-track album is out within 14 months….

You’re a consistent queen, I love that :kiss::kiss:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

13 solid tracks, 50-60 minutes : that would be a dream :true:

Manifesting with you :legend:That sounds perfect

I really want 13 or 14 tracks but I wouldn't complain if we get 16-18 songs
15 is somehow an ugly number to me so a no from me :hide:

But in the end I'm happy no matter how many songs we will get but 13 just feels right for Lasso somehow (especially with no Interlude nor covers) :true:

Spoiler

Trigger warning for Zodiac haters

Spoiler

13 songs + Zodiac :legend:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I prefer the usual 13-16 tracks, I find it hard to get thru 30 tracks maybe it’s my attention span :bebe: & I hope she adds at least one cover on the album (hopefully not country roads) Idk why ppl don’t want any this queen literally gave us blue velvet, the other woman, doin time & more:krylie:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb

Just now, Without You said:

I prefer the usual 13-16 tracks, I find it hard to get thru 30 tracks maybe it’s my attention span :bebe: & I hope she adds at least one cover on the album (hopefully not country roads) Idk why ppl don’t want any this queen gave us blue velvet, the other woman, doin time :krylie:

i'm desperate for a wild horses cover

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Actually Lasso in September and then the Covers album maybe in November would be really cool. At that point we would have spend some good amount of time with Lasso and it would be a nice addition to the country album and for the upcoming holiday season:true:

Spoiler

Not that the covers album will happen but anyways :tiffany4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I mean....

13 tracks and every track is 4 - 5 minutes longs, 1 or 2 over 6 minute tracks

16 or 18 tracks if the album has an intro, 1 or 2 interludes, an outro and a cover that takes a spot for a potential Lana original song that she has to cut out

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Actually Lasso in September and then the Covers album maybe in November would be really cool. At that point we would have spend some good amount of time with Lasso and it would be a nice addition to the country album and for the upcoming holiday season:true:

wait, why is there a cover album in November? did i miss something omg???

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing