Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I don’t know what to think anymore whether it’s coming out in September/this year or not tbh. I do know I’d rather lana to take her time to create something she’s proud and passionate about. Her hesitation recently and comment about her lasso announcement reception makes me think she’s not sure how people will react. I’d rather her take her time to create another amazing masterpiece instead of rushing a September release for something she’s not confident about at the end of the day. She usually releases new albums every year and a half to 2ish years so it can’t be much later than spring 2025 either way

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

I kinda decided long ago that whatever she puts out regarding this'll be good. I'm personally just worried bc I honestly feel like the genre/ corld of it'd be like a costume to me, and I'll go along with it, but I hope it's a good fit, not something I'd feel out of home/ feel like I don't belong in. 

hey we'll see tho rite

UV/Honeymoon

154 days between Let Me Love You Like A Woman and Chemtrails (album)

154 days between Blue Banisters (song) and Blue Banisters (album)

107 Days between Did You Know (song) and Did You Know (album)

there’s currently 108 days between now and Sept 30 (the last possible day in sept). Less so for the last Friday in Sept. If we do get this album in Sept and get a single pre-release, it’ll be her shortest cycle in recent history. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

57 minutes ago, Mer said:

154 days between Let Me Love You Like A Woman and Chemtrails (album)

154 days between Blue Banisters (song) and Blue Banisters (album)

107 Days between Did You Know (song) and Did You Know (album)

there’s currently 108 days between now and Sept 30 (the last possible day in sept). Less so for the last Friday in Sept. If we do get this album in Sept and get a single pre-release, it’ll be her shortest cycle in recent history. 

so September becomes more and more unrealistic :noparty:

I remember reading on Twitter/Tiktok that she told some fans in NY that nothing related to Lasso is gonna come out this year, however, she is planning on releasing something related to her going blonde so I'm guessing it is something that has to do with Lizzy Grant/A.K.A. Tbh I don't know how to feel about it bc people love lying on the internet. 

7 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

I kinda decided long ago that whatever she puts out regarding this'll be good. I'm personally just worried bc I honestly feel like the genre/ corld of it'd be like a costume to me, and I'll go along with it, but I hope it's a good fit, not something I'd feel out of home/ feel like I don't belong in. 

hey we'll see tho rite

I'm sure she's going to make that genre her own. She always does, doesn't she? And she's not too far away from country in previous work, so I don't think that's something to worry about. She's surely not going to do something like Cowboy Carter 😅 

Personally I'd prefer she releases her next album not too soon. Vinyl prices are crazy. Current double vinyls start at EUR 50 /USD 55!? We'll get poor if she drops many variants 😬 maybe we're lucky and vinyl prices drop again... Not that I'm optimistic about it, but I can hardly see them rising anymore. 

It was expensive watch it 

I went back to my album timeline… I had somehow forgotten that Lana’s dancers were posing with black bob wigs for a music video shoot. Maybe that footage will be used for the music video Lana’s stunt guy mentioned once, I feel like cabaret girls and Rolls Royce cars could go well together. Unless the wigs were used for filming material for the ending of Coachella and was scrapped in the end.

Because these recent pictures of Lana and Quavo, sitting in the grass with a guitar, posing in front of shabby wooden houses, don’t have the same vibe as gorgeous dancers and luxury cars… maybe it’s for a second music video?
I’d love to see an album trailer again but I doubt we’ll get one. :( 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I went back to my album timeline… I had somehow forgotten that Lana’s dancers were posing with black bob wigs for a music video shoot. Maybe that footage will be used for the music video Lana’s stunt guy mentioned once, I feel like cabaret girls and Rolls Royce cars could go well together. Unless the wigs were used for filming material for the ending of Coachella and was scrapped in the end.

Because these recent pictures of Lana and Quavo, sitting in the grass with a guitar, posing in front of shabby wooden houses, don’t have the same vibe as gorgeous dancers and luxury cars… maybe it’s for a second music video?

This, I was actually surprised we didn’t get one for lfl 

edit: I forgot we did get one 

45 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

If I remember correctly the dancers were filming for somebody else’s project? 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

If I remember correctly the dancers were filming for somebody else’s project? 

Ah, maybe you’re right. The tags had indie music and Lana’s ladies so I think we were all confused back then who it was for. Do we know if it’s been released yet?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

42 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I had somehow forgotten that Lana’s dancers were posing with black bob wigs for a music video shoot.

that was for the musical group Junaco. Sheridan tagged them in his reel, and so did @madamesherlize (their caption says “coming soon…@junaco.Junaco)

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

that was for the musical group Junaco. Sheridan tagged them in his reel, and so did @madamesherlize (their caption says “coming soon…@junaco.Junaco)

Cool, I somehow missed that Junaco was a band. Maybe I should lurk in this thread more often. :toofunny: Gonna delete all of that off the timeline then.

Okay back to discussing vinyl colors or whatever it is that we do in here with minimal info. :cuteface:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

15 hours ago, Get Drunk said:

Colleague at work said her friend met Lana in LA and apparently she said she’s bringing a horse onstage at Leeds… which is very Lasso ima just say

but also this bitch is always lying about doing her work so i wouldn’t be surprised if she made that up..

I dunno on the nme interview they asked her about taking a horse to Leeds and Lana said she actually thought about it.. so maybe it was just dragged from that info or maybe she’s lying lol

IMG-7034.gif

15 hours ago, Get Drunk said:

Colleague at work said her friend met Lana in LA and apparently she said she’s bringing a horse onstage at Leeds… which is very Lasso ima just say

but also this bitch is always lying about doing her work so i wouldn’t be surprised if she made that up..

I dunno on the nme interview they asked her about taking a horse to Leeds and Lana said she actually thought about it.. so maybe it was just dragged from that info or maybe she’s lying lol

IMG-7034.gif

“A horse in Leeds” is an anagram for “Lasso reins here” which obviously means (second) official announcement at the Leeds show :oprah4:

But honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she thought the “reaction” to her first announcement during the Grammy’s event was “too tepid” (she said something in that regard) and decided to go back to the drawing board. 

Also, I’m not saying she necessarily cares all that much, but since the Lasso announcement we got “Beyoncé going country” and I think there are definitely going to be lots of think pieces around Lana and Beyoncé’s respective approaches to “going country” and I could see her wanting to avoid that. Altho I think that’s inevitable from the media regardless of how soon or far away the album release is…

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️