Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Ok well then she needs to drop another QFTC so that doesn’t happen :runs:

Tbh id rather have a mainstream lfl then another chemtrails or bb :runs:

Edited by DemonMic2003

3 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

A little birdy told me that the record label are pushing for a more commercial album which led to the breakdown of the ‘Lasso’ concept, due to her recent resurgence in popularity 

Awful awful awful 

“let’s scrap the art you made for arts sake and instead push art made for moneys sake” :brigitte:

I just want Lasso. I doubt her label is forcing her to change the concept, she’s had virtually universal control over her music. It’s probably more that she wants to hold onto this popular TikTokified image, but I really hope she doesn’t sacrifice her art for it.

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

16 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I don’t find LFL very mainstream, outside of Love and the title track tbh. I want an album full of Heroin, Get Free, TNC (demo), and 13 Beaches :wubna:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don’t find LFL very mainstream, outside of Love and the title track tbh. I want an album full of Heroin, Get Free, TNC (demo), and 13 Beaches :wubna:

OH YASSSSSS

46 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

chemtrails is so good tho

blue banisters felt like a messier lfl, kinda meh. not bad, but not great. i don't want another one of those but i'll gladly take another chemtrails if that's what lasso is like

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I feel like whatever happens with Lasso is completely Lana’s decision, not that of her label’s or something based on her new wave of popularity. It’s just how she feels in the moment 

hyz6.gif

Could it be that she's releasing Lasso under Capitol Records? I wonder, as they seem to have something to do with Tough (they sell the vinyl single in their store), as it's not Quavo's label either. But it could also mean that Lana has less control over the album this time.

6 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

Could it be that she's releasing Lasso under Capitol Records? I wonder, as they seem to have something to do with Tough (they sell the vinyl single in their store), as it's not Quavo's label either. But it could also mean that Lana has less control over the album this time.

eh, i doubt it. after the fight she went through with the labels back in 2013/2014 i know she wouldn't sign a deal that did that to her again and her team/management wouldn't let her sign a deal without knowing that that's part of it again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

A little birdy told me that the record label are pushing for a more commercial album which led to the breakdown of the ‘Lasso’ concept, due to her recent resurgence in popularity 

Im not against the idea (I mean, Henry does sound a bit like COCC, which wasn’t her biggest success at all, and I like the « NY » Lana we’ve been getting lately), but kinda don’t like that her label wants to « push » a direction for the sake of popularity :oopna2:

4 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

she should go for an album of power and melodic ballads such as let the light in, with a few pop-ish songs in the middle 

15 minutes ago, American Whore said:

eh, i doubt it. after the fight she went through with the labels back in 2013/2014 i know she wouldn't sign a deal that did that to her again and her team/management wouldn't let her sign a deal without knowing that that's part of it again

But perhaps it was necessary in order to get hold of larger collabs or certain producers. It could also become a more commercial album. Tough was then just a first step in that direction.

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Im not against the idea (I mean, Henry does sound a bit like COCC, which wasn’t her biggest success at all, and I like the « NY » Lana we’ve been getting lately), but kinda don’t like that her label wants to « push » a direction for the sake of popularity :oopna2:

Perhaps she wasn’t particularly against the idea herself… she’s smart and has integrity so I’m sure whatever it is will be amazing 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

9 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

lana has stated multiple times that her label lets her do whatever she wants tho :trisha3:

There's no way the label has forced her to scrap Lasso, and I personally highhhly doubt she's chosen to either to be more popular. She's been working on it for 4 years in the background while releasing several other albums. Worst case scenario, she's decided to take some more time on it while she works on some other new stuff, but I still think it's coming this year.