Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

42 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

why r yall giving up now

september aint here yet

Because we all know better :hide:

there is no way her label would let her release an album without a month or two of preorders. I even think single/preorder in September and album in October seems unrealistic. Single/preorder in September and then album in November is really the only option I see left for this year. (Hoping I’m wrong tho!)

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

there is no way her label would let her release an album without a month or two of preorders. I even think single/preorder in September and album in October seems unrealistic. Single/preorder in September and then album in November is really the only option I see left for this year. (Hoping I’m wrong tho!)

maybe it's gonna be a surprise drop?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

no :silly:

If lana was an independent artist, the album would probably be out already, but she is signed to a label and they care first and foremost about profits/stats. She constantly breaks first week records and the label is absolutely not going to do anything that risks that. 

When she did that livestream talking about wanting to surprise drop like The Weeknd, she said in the very same breath (something along the lines of) “I’d never be allowed to do that”

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Album out 5 or 6 weeks after preorder / lead single / official announcement has been done a lot this passed year, including Billie and Finneas, who are both signed to Interscope as well. So, an October release is still possible, but it’d have to be announced like in the next weeks. 
If by September 10th, we heard nothing, I won’t get my hopes up for a 2024 release, tbh. 

8 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

It’s a route that almost no one is taking these days, including Beyoncé or Taylor, who both did it in the past. 
Plus Lana is a big vinyl seller: to miss on these sales and numbers on week 1, I’d be the first surprised by it. The only way I see a digital release before a physical one would be for an album Interscope doesn’t bet on for big numbers, like an audiobook (who wouldn’t even go through the usual streaming platforms) or a cover album.

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

why r yall giving up now

september aint here yet

True, but last week, both Finneas and Shawn Mendes announced albums with a vinyl preorder for October releases. I’d be very surprised if she announced the album let’s say next week for a September release. 

28 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

It's gonna surprise drop on September 5th just like Chemtrails Over The Country Club did :oprah9::oprah:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

10 minutes ago, Pico Ocean Boulevard said:

It's gonna surprise drop on September 5th just like Chemtrails Over The Country Club did :oprah9::oprah:

LMAO

35 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Album out 5 or 6 weeks after preorder / lead single / official announcement has been done a lot this passed year, including Billie and Finneas, who are both signed to Interscope as well. So, an October release is still possible, but it’d have to be announced like in the next weeks. 
If by September 10th, we heard nothing, I won’t get my hopes up for a 2024 release, tbh. 

Interesting! :oic3:

I guess I haven’t been paying that close of attention to release schedules overall, I’m more used to the more traditional 2 or 3 month rollout.

I do think the shorter a prerelease the better with how people’s attention spans are, and I’m all for a month and a couple weeks prerelease 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Interesting! :oic3:

I guess I haven’t been paying that close of attention to release schedules overall, I’m more used to the more traditional 2 or 3 month rollout.

I do think the shorter a prerelease the better with how people’s attention spans are, and I’m all for a month and a couple weeks prerelease 

Totally agree with what you said. I also love a short prerelease, and yeah with 2024 being one of the busiest years ever for major releases, and the fact that we do move on very quickly from album to album, labels decided to have shorter prereleases so that hype doesn’t die down. 
Here’s Metacritic’s upcoming schedule of going albums so far. https://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/release-date/coming-soon/date#google_vignette 
It helps with what is realistic or not for our expectations 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Some media have more faith than we do that Lasso is still coming in September 😂 

https://x.com/lanaschart/status/1824520516549357719?s=46&t=9DAe1og0lBbLa_v4qZjMpA 

she will be breaking records and Taylor will feature on the album as early promotion for Debut TV

8 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

she will be breaking records and Taylor will feature on the album as early promotion for Debut TV

:true: and that way, Taylor won’t release some BS bonus track of her farting the demo of a TTPD song (or whatever sh*t she’s been pulling through lately) just to block Lana for going number 1 

1 minute ago, UltraviolentJack said:

Yeah it’s very apparent it’s not coming in September if at all lmao. I’m willing to bet money Lasso is scrapped with her working on her next project already. 

When LB is convinced an album is scrapped, this is when we get confirmation it’s coming :true: