1 hour ago, Let the Light In said:

This is such an album cover photo 

IMG-9812.png

that is certainly a picture with words on it 👍

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Imagine if the album cover art is without text like COTCC's alternate album cover (where she's sitting with a wolf) for Record Store Day :flutter:

2.gif

I hope the two singles are henry come on & that fenway song, since we know what they sound like, it’ll be so interesting to hear the rest of the album in full all at once,  not knowing if the rest of the tracks will sound like henry come on or the fenway song is just so exciting to me cuz they both sound different :popcorn:

1 hour ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Maybe she meant lighter “personally” and maybe we’ll get more lyrics that are universally more relatable.. who knows! 

she’s never had “light” lyrics really.. so I don’t know what to possibly compare to.. maybe cola because it’s just a fun song, same as Venice bitch maybe 

Definitely Venice bitch :true: I think the first half of LFL is lighter. She said a little so I would assume she mostly means not delving into family and trauma as much. She does need a light in her music. Don’t get me wrong, I adore her deep and dark introspective lyrics, but it’s time for a change. The world has been so dark lately with all the world conflict & we are coming out of the pandemic. The music industry seems to have gone into a more fun and light direction lately like brat and rise and fall of a Midwest princess (I’d even argue eternal sunshine and cowboy carter). Those albums still have some introspective songs but the overall sound is lighter and happy.  

58 minutes ago, Embach said:

Today, I listened to a Southern Gothic playlist curated by Spotify and it was so good! It made me even more excited for the album, all of the songs were different but they all shared the same vibe. It was so interesting to listen to it, some of them were really dark, somber and slow but some of the other songs seemed to be also light and upbeat. Or even dark and upbeat together! There's a lot of variety in Southern Gothic style in general, I can't wait to hear Lana's vision of it!

I’ve been listening to this playlist the past day as well :oic2:

492482-1.png

♡︎

not gonna lie, i would rather her just release another dark, heavy, and emotive album, since that's honestly the kind of music i like the most, but not necessarily heavy in the way that DYKTTATUOB was, in a way that ultraviolence, or perhaps even born to die was, more metaphorical, more abstract, i almost find it to be more effective that way since it's sort of mysterious, and also relatable

also, i honestly don't think she really knows what southern gothic is, or, at least, her idea of what southern gothic is might be totally different from mine, so i worry she won't deliver on that :awkney:

"So if you don't know, don't give up

'Cause you never know what the new day might bring"

"It's never too late, baby, so don't give up"

If these lines are an example of light and optimism in new songs, then I'm definitely in favor :true:

9 minutes ago, World At War said:

country music has a deep tradition of murder ballads. i hope there's at least one track in that vein. i get why she won't release zodiac, but something similar with a southern sound would be nice

id love an angry breakup song like before he cheats by carrie underwood :scream:

492482-1.png

♡︎

Southern Gothic has always reminded me of myths and tales (or even modern day creepypastas). Like I don't know if Lasso offers these kind of songs but I'd like to see songs about myths à la mysterious man in the woods; an innocent girl who committed a sin; cannibalistic cults and old witches; a person who ran away from home and never came back, also some Black Dahlia and Zodiac-esque stories. Very light and upbeat, isn't it? :hillary:

2.gif

i wouldn't necessarily consider red house painters to be southern gothic (they remind me more of the midwest, coming from someone located in that region, but not midwest gothic either) but something with the sound of medicine bottle, 24, or katy song would be so cool, haunting, atmospheric, murky guitars...

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

Southern Gothic has always reminded me of myths and tales (or even modern day creepypastas). Like I don't know if Lasso offers these kind of songs but I'd like to see songs about myths à la mysterious man in the woods; an innocent girl who committed a sin; cannibalistic cults and old witches; a person who ran away from home and never came back, also some Black Dahlia and Zodiac-esque stories. Very light and upbeat, isn't it? :D

Something like Fishtail-Peppers-Taco Truck trio :oprah9: That would be great 

7 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

id love an angry breakup song like before he cheats by carrie underwood :scream:

this is what i said years ago and someone on here roasted me for it :toofloppy: this would still be such a serve

When I hear southern gothic production, one of the first lana songs that comes to mind is her cover of don’t let me be misunderstood. Henry come on seems more lighter imo it doesn’t have to be super pop necessarily. Southern gothic production sounds darker, it makes me imagine sitting under a willow tree at a cemetery next to a foggy swamp. Maybe the lighter she’s talking about is more of a storytelling style. OB was one of if not her darkest album lyrically, so almost anything she puts out would probably be lighter

492482-1.png

♡︎

I just know that, our beloved sir, Dan Auerbach, would nail the Southern Gothic style with Lana so well, especially considering that he has produced country albums before as well (for example, he produced a country album for Nikki Lane in 2014, the same year as Ultraviolence - that's how Lana and Nikki met) and he also lives in Nashville and I remember very well that Lana was writing her new album in Nashville in late 2023 and early 2024. So there might be even a tiniest chance, like 0.00001% chance, that they reunited for Lasso, at least the delulu in me hopes. Even for a one track, please :wipe:

2.gif

I was just looking at that list of Southern Gothic art again, and it named A Streetcar Named Desire, which as we all know Lana quoted in Ride — and she has called Ride a country song before. Ride is definitely a career highlight so I'm personally really excited :party:

When I think country and Southern Gothic, I think of her earlier pre-fame AKA days and then the Paradise-Tropico era (not musically, but in terms of lyrics and influence), not her more recent work. It's clearly a theme that's she's been passionate about/inspired by throughout her time thus far as an artist, so I can't wait to hear what she comes up with :flutter:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide