Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

5 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Wanderlust with Norman style production would slay don't lie

Most songs on Chemtrails needed different production. The songs lacked vision or direction except for White Dress, Chemtrails, and Tulsa

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Most songs on Chemtrails needed different production. The songs lacked vision or direction except for White Dress, Chemtrails, and Tulsa

Fr. And even then Tulsa needs some umph

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Fr. And even then Tulsa needs some umph

am i only one who dislikes the autotune in tulsa jesus freak and fishtails? like i know it gives a cool effect but i love lana's vocals the most when they're (naturally) clear, not muffled or robotic. i'd really really really like to hear crystal clear vocals on lasso. 

2.gif

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

am i only one who dislikes the autotune in tulsa jesus freak and fishtails? like i know it gives a cool effect but i love lana's vocals the most when they're (naturally) clear, not muffled or robotic. i'd really really really like to hear crystal clear vocals on lasso. 

I think on Fishtail, it matched the vibe of the song and the section of the album. It was bearable to listen to and had the "nightcore" vibe. On Tulsa Jesus Freak, I quite hated it. It was off putting and wasn't done right, in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, somber said:

I think on Fishtail, it matched the vibe of the song and the section of the album. It was bearable to listen to and had the "nightcore" vibe. On Tulsa Jesus Freak, I quite hated it. It was off putting and wasn't done right, in my opinion.

The way I feel the complete opposite. I think it worked on Tulsa because the vocals were very clear but on Fishtail it just made it could like a cheap song someone made in 10 minutes

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

My impression is the opposite, Chemtrails is her most coherent album to date. To me, the album sounds like a walk in the woods in the fall in Yosemite National Park. I especially like the acousticness of the songs.

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I like it in Tulsa Jesus freak but HATE it is Fishtail for some reason. I agree I want clear vocals on Lasso.

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I am doing another reading session to speculate some new info ( or songtitles) for some possible tracks that might appear in the album tonight. Stay tuned team #whore

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, grandpas glass said:

My impression is the opposite, Chemtrails is her most coherent album to date. To me, the album sounds like a walk in the woods in the fall in Yosemite National Park. I especially like the acousticness of the songs.

Yeah, I agree. I think Chemtrails is more cohesive, and quite a good album. But I think it lacks playable. Only one or two songs off the albums are listenable/playable all the time. I just wished the album were more in that way. It doesn't even have to be upbeat tracks, but just something more. I feel like if it were, it wouldn't be my second the last favorite albums from Lana. Let's hope Lasso isn't a Chemtrails 2.0 :oopna:

2 hours ago, grandpas glass said:

I second this. Not her best album, but definitely one of the most coherent ones. You can play any of those songs and know instantly they belong on the same album. Although Tulsa with its autotune and slight trap vibe sticks out a tad.

38 minutes ago, somber said:

Yeah, I agree. I think Chemtrails is more cohesive, and quite a good album. But I think it lacks playable. Only one or two songs off the albums are listenable/playable all the time. I just wished the album were more in that way. It doesn't even have to be upbeat tracks, but just something more. I feel like if it were, it wouldn't be my second the last favorite albums from Lana. Let's hope Lasso isn't a Chemtrails 2.0 :oopna:

Second this too. It needed a few more big songs ala Wild at Heart, Chemtrails or White Dress. If it had 13 songs instead of 11, it would've felt like a bigger, stronger record.

Especially since there are fillers even in the slight 11-track run. Looking at you, Breaking Up Slowly and For Free. Without these two, there are only 9 tracks really, and that makes it one of Lana's slightest records.

14 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Second this too. It needed a few more big songs ala Wild at Heart, Chemtrails or White Dress. If it had 13 songs instead of 11, it would've felt like a bigger, stronger record.

Especially since there are fillers even in the slight 11-track run. Looking at you, Breaking Up Slowly and For Free. Without these two, there are only 9 tracks really, and that makes it one of Lana's slightest records.

I agree. Chemtrails Over The Country Flop & Flop Banisters had potential to be amazing but fumbled for various reasons...

Chemtrails

1. 11 tracks is to short for a Lana record, it should've been 13-15 tracks instead.

2. The production is way too stripped back, I would honestly have made it a bit more fuller.

3. Scrap Wild At Heart (too similar to How to disappear) and Wanderlust (save it and rework it for a NFR! anniversary edition). Also make For Free a solo song and save it for something else.

4. Add Loved You Then And Now, Blink (if it's interesting), Black Bathing Suit, Thunder (demo version with the final version drums throughout the entire song) and Arcadia.

Blue Banisters

1. Scrap Text Book, Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, and basically all the new songs and make it a 20 song unreleased record.