Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

13 minutes ago, Jared said:

Every popstar will be doing middle-of-the-road ''country'' pop crap this year. We really don't need Lana and Jack to join them, hopefully they surprise us.

You people have been saying this since JOANNE. Get over it. Almost 10 whole years ago

15 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

You people have been saying this since JOANNE. Get over it. Almost 10 whole years ago

well… after joanne, miley did younger now, kesha did rainbow and kylie minogue did golden. it wasn't as impactless as you think lol. oh and let's not forget that atrocious meant to be song by bebe rexha

imagine a Beyonce collab :oop:

42 minutes ago, Jared said:

Every popstar will be doing middle-of-the-road ''country'' pop crap this year. We really don't need Lana and Jack to join them, hopefully they surprise us.

theyve been doing it for more than ten years now lol

I don't think people mentioned it, but I'm here for an Orville Peck collab :trisha3:

I want a sultry sounding song! It's not totally unachievable with country music :um4: but y'know 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

When  September rolls around, Lana releases Lasso and we press play and here "It was a drive by Sunday night....." Lasso is Sirens plus a few other folky or outlaw songs. Lana had her revenge. And Lizzy will soon have hers,,,,,, but first Miss May Jailer with her sparkle jump rope to sing about God and fucking old men. Hallelujiah

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

ideal collabs: FJM, Orville Peck, Ethel Cain
but that will never happen i dont even think she knows who ethel is

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Lord Huron, Zach Bryan, Taylor Swift, Quavo, Dolly Parton, Kacey Musgraves, Nikki Lane are all featured on this album I just KNOW

5 minutes ago, jakoblvd said:

Lord Huron, Zach Bryan, Taylor Swift, Quavo, Dolly Parton, Kacey Musgraves, Nikki Lane are all featured on this album I just KNOW

at least one feature on each track, some with several

I wonder if her background singers will be on a country record or not? I could see it either way....

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

a song with big ensemble choruses would be a nice nod to classic country music and its communal natural.

dolly parton's applejack (https://youtu.be/UDepGShjBNA?si=yHJWRDOVua3JqsA5) features a whole bunch of backing vocals, ranging from family and friends to country legends. this really speaks to the current state of lana's career, as she's attuned to her roots but also in good terms with her peers, many of which would kill to be in one of her tracks. i'd love something on that line for the features, and can totally see it happen.