Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

49 minutes ago, Queen of the Rodeo said:

White dress is so underrated. Her vocals remind me of a softer Janis Joplin. She sings similarly in the other version she did of summertime.

these 3 sentences roll through my mind 24/7

her og janis joplin summertime cover is my favorite cover she’s done as a janis fan

6 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

we need something groundbreaking again like Norman :true:

Ocean Blvd is right there :charli:

2.gif

7 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Ocean blvd clears in so many ways I’m sorry 

Ocean Blvd is technically better than Norman but most of the mixing/mastering of Ocean sucks so it kinda ruins the experience of that record

Really hoping she fixes that for Lasso

4 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

I think it’s about time we changed the part of this thread’s name that says OUT SEPTEMBER 💀

When it's out September 31st :hellno:

2.gif

2 hours ago, American Whore said:

i wonder what the underlying influences will be on this album tbh. like, are we getting cutesy fun old school country or are we getting dark, fucked up country? who knows at this point

she described it as country, American and southern gothic with light lyrics. Now a big part of the fanbase has been focusing on southern gothic and throwing Ethel in the mix but I think these people will be very disappointed. As far as we can see Lana seems to be quite happy and resolved and I really don’t see anything in the likes of House in Nebraska or Ptolomea coming out of her bag. The way I see it, it’s more likely we’ll get something like a melodic folky-ish/country-ish sound similar to Country roads/summertime/textbook/the grants 

21 minutes ago, Embach said:

Ocean Blvd is right there :charli:

Ocean Blvd is a great album, but it has so many flaws, the mixing, the incoherency, too many samples, too many interludes, the unclear vocals, and many other things, it just lacks having its own atmosphere, when I listen to it, I feel like I’m listening to 3 different albums, I really hope lasso will be cohesive, with crystal clear vocals and great mixing.

Just now, Americen Whore said:

Ocean Blvd is a great album, but it has so many flaws, the mixing, the incoherency, too many samples, too many interludes, the unclear vocals, and many other things, it just lacks having a its own atmosphere, when I listen to it, I feel like I’m listening to 3 different albums, I really hope lasso will be cohesive, with crystal clear vocals and great mixing.

Ocean Blvd is my second favorite Lana record and I agree with everything you said

55 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Ocean Blvd is a great album, but it has so many flaws, the mixing, the incoherency, too many samples, too many interludes, the unclear vocals, and many other things, it just lacks having its own atmosphere, when I listen to it, I feel like I’m listening to 3 different albums, I really hope lasso will be cohesive, with crystal clear vocals and great mixing.

I meant culturally groundbreaking. The world was gagged when A&W was dropped. The album went also viral so fast with Peppers, Margaret and Let The Light In as the most viral songs off the album. It did not get 5 Grammy nominations without a reason. :true:

2.gif

Oh lord 566 pages and still nothing.

And the fact that the title still includes OUT September 2024 is just rubbing salt into our wounds

tumblr_lxwvjoYZok1qm6msjo1_500.gif

3 hours ago, summer bummer said:

so the insider who said she wouldn’t release lasso unless kamala won.. any updates on that? :hooker:

Why? That doesn’t make any sense to me

OB is a fantastic album, but it doesn’t transport me to a different world like albums like paradise, UV, NFR or even COTCC do

i guess that’s what she meant by world building.. those records I really do get lost in and they make me feel like I’m part of something different 

OB is really heavy and as there’s a wide range sonically, I don’t get that nostalgic or.. “wanderlust” feeling from it. Hoping lasso can deliver on this 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore