Coloringbooks

Taylor Swift Threatens Legal Action Against Student Who Tracks Her Publicly Available Carbon Footprint/Private Jet Usage

16 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Yeah i’m team Taylor on that one. Those climate protestors are really annoying and i think they just hurt their cause it the long run doing this kind of stuff. Especially when they sit in the road and block traffic 😐

Are they the same ones that threw soup on the Mona Lisa? So dumb. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

that is mostly the point of invasive protesting

If the point of this kind of protest is to raise awareness, under the idea of any publicity being good publicity, then i would say they’re successful. But to actually get people to support their cause, it seems to do the opposite. Typically the public reactions seems to be that of annoyance when people do stuff like this. Like spray painting art exhibits and sitting in traffic. Invasive yes, but effective?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

If protestors aren't being annoying and in your face, is there even a point to them protesting? They need to be able to get attention.

giphy.gif

Just now, baddisease said:

If protestors aren't being annoying and in your face, is there even a point to them protesting? They need to be able to get attention.

Well yes they should be in your face. Just not vandalizing others property.

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

The protesters will get two seconds of fame and then two years in jail for stupid stunts. At least the person who started tracking her flights is doing a better job of bringing awareness to the situation. (I don’t think it’s illegal, by the way)

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

This way of protesting aims to materialize the fact that not everybody is okay with Taylor Swift flying her private jet on a daily basis. Of course the paint is going to be removed, but it’s still a material testament to people’s dissatisfaction or anger. It’s a way, not to be heard, because I would be extremely surprised if Taylor Swift decided to change anything about her way of life, but to make sure she knows such dissent exists. It’s a way to voice out these grievances and to give them a way to exist. It’s also symbolic, it shows that maybe there’s still a way that people can have an impact on the world’s most powerful celebrities and the material ways in which they destroy the planet, that it’s not totally out of reach.

It’s not like there are many ways to hold Taylor Swift accountable or to get her to be aware that this is not okay, so I personally don’t see what is “dumb” in this. I think it’s brave.

2 minutes ago, Quincy said:

The protesters will get two seconds of fame and then two years in jail for stupid stunts. At least the person who started tracking her flights is doing a better job of bringing awareness to the situation. (I don’t think it’s illegal, by the way)

:true:

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

This way of protesting aims to materialize the fact that not everybody is okay with Taylor Swift flying her private jet on a daily basis. Of course the paint is going to be removed, but it’s still a material testament to people’s dissatisfaction or anger. It’s a way, not to be heard, because I would be extremely surprised if Taylor Swift decided to change anything about her way of life, but to make sure she knows such dissent exists. It’s a way to voice out these grievances and to give them a way to exist. It’s also symbolic, it shows that maybe there’s still a way that people can have an impact on the world’s most powerful celebrities and the material ways in which they destroy the planet, that it’s not totally out of reach.

It’s not like there are many ways to hold Taylor Swift accountable or to get her to be aware that this is not okay, so I personally don’t see what is “dumb” in this. I think it’s brave.

Well It didn’t really work out in the end because it wasn’t even hers they got 🤣

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

:true:

Well It didn’t really work out in the end because it wasn’t even hers they got 🤣

That was a mistake they made, it’s not related to the principle and what people seem to have a problem with is “vandalizing someone else’s property” though 

Just now, Future Jazz said:

That was a mistake they made, it’s not related to the principle and what people seem to have a problem with is “vandalizing someone else’s property” though 

True I just thought it was funny.

I get that protesters need to get their point across, but why don’t they do that to the people in government or institutions that actually have control in legislation & have the power to make a change. Taylor swift isn’t going to ban carbon emissions I can tell yall that. I’m very pro climate action but this is not the most effective way to do it imo. Making the lives of normal working citizens more difficult just makes people not want to support them. 

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

6 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

imo some property damage is needed in some cases. during the AIDS epidemic, people damaged the great lawn of the white house (I think it was the White House) by spreading ashes of their loved ones who died of AIDS on it. unfortunately in this case, they picked the wrong plane.

but maybe it'll be enough to show Taylor she can't ruin the environment without consequences. I don't care about the property of rich people, ngl.

giphy.gif

I really really really don’t like Taylor Swift (in case anyone hasn’t realized) but i think it’s foolish to hold any one person accountable to their actions on climate change like this, especially under these circumstances. Renewable energies and systems need to change to combat climate change, not Taylor Swifts jet usage.

I have information that could lead to the arrest of Taylor Alison Swift.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Let’s not forget that these “Stop Oil” protestorsare paid actors by BP and Shell to sway public opinion to think that anti-oil people are delusional.
Defacing the Mona Lisa or Stonehenge does nothing. But burning down these oil executives home do (づ ◕‿◕ )づ

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

Let’s not forget that these “Stop Oil” protestorsare paid actors by BP and Shell to sway public opinion to think that anti-oil people are delusional.
Defacing the Mona Lisa or Stonehenge does nothing. But burning down these oil executives home do (づ ◕‿◕ )づ

While that theory isn’t that far fetched, i personally think its just dumbass kids looking for a cause and will do this shit because they unironically think they’re saving the world. Like the type of person who would try to cancel Lana or bitch on twitter about social issues 24/7

Folks ask yourself, do you support the actions done by the climate protestors here, or do you just like the idea of Taylors jet getting vandalized?

If you’re going to be a Taylor hater at least be a smart one4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

Spoiler

Or maybe i just hate hipsters and college students more than i hate Taylor Swift :awkney2: sorry earth

I just find it hilarious I see more anger at protests like this than I do at the constant daily persistence and destruction of our planet :O Why do we talk about isolated incidents like this for a prolonged period of time but not the actual problem that exists daily 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif