Elle

Lana Del Rey attends the 2024 Met Gala

18 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

So this year’s dress code theme is actually “The Garden of Time” and sleeping beauties is just the theme for the museum exhibit

the garden of time is literally such a beautiful theme, and yet, you already know some people are going to show up in basic gowns, basic suits, stuff that isn't botanical, floral, or spring-like at all :facepalm:

gf0OBqU.gif

18 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

So this year’s dress code theme is actually “The Garden of Time” and sleeping beauties is just the theme for the museum exhibit

This is a very stunning theme and I also adore garden-themed aesthetics, just so gorgeous but florals for spring? Groundbreaking :oic2:

22 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

the garden of time is literally such a beautiful theme, and yet, you already know some people are going to show up in basic gowns, basic suits, stuff that isn't botanical, floral, or spring-like at all :facepalm:

Exactly!!! This theme is very understandable and is not very niche, so I hope that the celebrities get the theme right beacuse it's an easy chance to get creative with this! There are so many beautiful ways to get it right! 💐:flutter:

url%5D

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

This is a very stunning theme and I also adore garden-themed aesthetics, just so gorgeous but florals for spring? Groundbreaking :oic2:

Exactly!!! This theme is very understandable and is not very niche, so I hope that the celebrities get the theme right beacuse it's an easy chance to get creative with this! There are so many beautiful ways to get it right! 💐:flutter:

there's also the deeper theme of history always repeating itself within time, so id love to see people dressing up as iconic figures in history etc!! especially the guys who are fond of suits, and have got fairly awkward themes before, they've so much room this theme. show up in as a roman emperor or something! vlad the impaler! a viking! come on!!!!! live a little :scream: BURN THAT BLACK TUX NEOW

33 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

like this

00013-moschino-fall-2022-ready-t.jpg

why does this eat... :hooker:

giphy.gif

“Ballard's short stories explore the same dystopian modernity as his longer fictions, and The Garden of Time is no exception. The story is about the good-looking, sophisticated Count Axel and his wife, who live in a beautiful villa full of rare books, fine paintings, busts and vases. They live a decadent life on their beautiful estate, which includes an exquisite pool and garden. But outside the walls, the landscape is empty as far as the eye can see – until an unruly rabble appears in the distance. Each time Count Axel cuts a flower from his garden, however, time spools back, and the brutish mass recedes behind the hills.

But a long time has passed since plants last bloomed, and the Count is reduced to cutting the very last of his flowers to hold back the mob. When their garden is bare, he and his wife carefully put away their books, their music and all the treasures of their civilised life, preparing for it to come to an abrupt end.

The vivid, thought-provoking short story is often seen to act as a metaphor for the evolution of human history and the endless cycle of creation and destruction — a theme clearly mirrored in The Met's Sleeping Beauties exhibition.”

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

10 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

there's also the deeper theme of history always repeating itself within time, so id love to see people dressing up as iconic figures in history etc!! especially the guys who are fond of suits, and have got fairly awkward themes before, they've so much room this theme. show up in as a roman emperor or something! vlad the impaler! a viking! come on!!!!! live a little :scream: BURN THAT BLACK TUX NEOW

why does this eat... :hooker:

they need to do that black suit ban!!! and also yes, that clock dress ate! it's camp!

9 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

“Ballard's short stories explore the same dystopian modernity as his longer fictions, and The Garden of Time is no exception. The story is about the good-looking, sophisticated Count Axel and his wife, who live in a beautiful villa full of rare books, fine paintings, busts and vases. They live a decadent life on their beautiful estate, which includes an exquisite pool and garden. But outside the walls, the landscape is empty as far as the eye can see – until an unruly rabble appears in the distance. Each time Count Axel cuts a flower from his garden, however, time spools back, and the brutish mass recedes behind the hills.

But a long time has passed since plants last bloomed, and the Count is reduced to cutting the very last of his flowers to hold back the mob. When their garden is bare, he and his wife carefully put away their books, their music and all the treasures of their civilised life, preparing for it to come to an abrupt end.

The vivid, thought-provoking short story is often seen to act as a metaphor for the evolution of human history and the endless cycle of creation and destruction — a theme clearly mirrored in The Met's Sleeping Beauties exhibition.”

the story is kind of melancholic, really and the human history has really shown us the endless cycle of creation and destruction and while i get the message that dystopian and apocalyptic horrors are destroying the nature, it's hypocritical of the met to invite multi-billionare entrepreneurs like jeff bezos and elon musk who are actively "developing" that dystopian lifestyle and also what's funny is that the honorary chair of this year's met gala is the ceo of tiktok :toofunny: with tiktok being the main sponsor, like where is the world heading??? :toofunny:

url%5D

17 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

They're both such Lana themes. I hope she and her team are willing to work around the idea of decay and ressurection rather than focus on the base level floral aspect

20 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

i could see Lana in something like this:

marchesa notte floral embroidered gown Cheap online - OFF 76%Marchesa Notte Floral-Embroidered Gown Story Rain, 59% OFF

but maybe something more ombre/gradient with darker, muted flowers and colors at the bottom of the dress to match the theme more

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, Embach said:

they need to do that black suit ban!!! and also yes, that clock dress ate! it's camp!

the story is kind of melancholic, really and the human history has really shown us the endless cycle of creation and destruction and while i get the message that dystopian and apocalyptic horrors are destroying the nature, it's hypocritical of the met to invite multi-billionare entrepreneurs like jeff bezos and elon musk who are actively "developing" that dystopian lifestyle and also what's funny is that the honorary chair of this year's met gala is the ceo of tiktok :toofunny: with tiktok being the main sponsor, like where is the world heading??? :toofunny:

obviously i love the met gala since we get to see really cool fashions, but they are literally such clowns for basing their theme off of a story about a dystopian, capitalist society that destroys everything beautiful and good while inviting people who are literally doing just that? just more evidence that hollywood and the mainstream media love to virtue signal while doing the opposite of what they supposedly stand for

gf0OBqU.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

obviously i love the met gala since we get to see really cool fashions, but they are literally such clowns for basing their theme off of a story about a dystopian, capitalist society that destroys everything beautiful and good while inviting people who are literally doing just that? just more evidence that hollywood and the mainstream media love to virtue signal while doing the opposite of what they supposedly stand for

i also love met gala because of fashion but sadly, now it stands for money and money only - entertainment business and media's clickbaits. they're making art into a joke which just pumps money for them :(

url%5D

38 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i almost think anna wintour enjoys that. she very much is a laugh at the peasants kind of person, the devil wears prada is based on her :suicide: 

giphy.gif

this isn't unpredictable tho but i did think about her wearing zimmermann at the met. their dresses have many flower patterns idk lol.

schiaparelli x lana would be a great combo out of all the unexpected collab predictions tho! :agree:

url%5D

Lana Del Rey is the only one i care about... i dont give a flying f about anyone else. LANA PLEASE BE THERE :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Aaahhhh Etienne in New York and chose Lana’s music for his reel, I hope this means Lana is attending and he’ll give her the most stunning makeup everrrr :wubna:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Aaahhhh Etienne in New York and chose Lana’s music for his reel, I hope this means Lana is attending and he’ll give her the most stunning makeup everrrr :wubna:

OMG

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

It’s time she returned. No ones served at the Met since she was there in 2018. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹