Embach

MET GALA 2024 - "Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion"

13 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

all movie critics i see praise her performances and her appearances on red carpets are always commented, twitter absolutely loves her for example 

men always wear a black tie and that’s it :adele:

Yeah, I think for me sometimes I don’t connect with her acting style but overall she ranges from decent to amazing to me and I think she will most likely get better and better with age. She’s very young still.

I don’t get why we should single Zendaya out when Chris Hemsworth is right there. Talk about random.

IMG-1607.jpg

As for the men, I highly doubt those two I mentioned are going the suit & tie route. But yeah expect men to show up with floral themed suits AND ties lol.

I hope Jared Leto doesn't go this year.

IMG-1607.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Zendaya’s acting might not be consistently incredible or revolutionary but when she has material that plays to her strengths, she’s pretty spectacular (see: most of Challenhers, that one episode in the second season of Euphoria, some scenes in Malcolm & Marie). Saying she can’t act at all is a bit of a reach, in my opinion of course.

Fashion-wise, I think she’s pretty much the best one out there right now, maybe behind Rihanna. Her best fashion moments are pure artistry - a lot of credit has to go to the fashion designers and ofc Law Roach - and she seems to be passionate about the things she does. Her venturing into producing is also a good career move and she seems to enjoy it and be competent at it.

I’m not a Zendaya stan by any means but I like it that she exists and it’s very hard to argue with her Joan D’Arc moment at the MET Gala. Her being a co-chair is kind of obvious to me.

I've always loved Zendaya's sense of style and her looks on the red carpets, they're just simply beautiful and classy (like this year's Oscars one) and the looks have sometimes campy and quirky elements as well (like the robot costume at the Dune premiere and the tennis ball shoes at the Challengers premiere). She's got great stylists! :flutter:

18 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

men always wear a black tie and that’s it :adele:

They gotta put that "no black suit and tie" rule because otherwise they'll never serve. I don't personally like Jared Leto, but he's the only male celebrity, I can think of, who has actually put a lot of effort in his Met Gala looks (probably thanks to Gucci). His last year look was fun but too Masked Singer-ish although I loved his look when he was with Lana and I also loved that red outfit where he was holding his mannequin head or something. Pedro Pascal's look last year was dope but I don't know how it suited with the Lagerfeld theme. If they're also participating this year, I'm having high hopes on them because they're stylish. This year, men need to level up with their outfits, it's time!!

10 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I hope Jared Leto doesn't go this year.

I don't like him but he's the only male celeb who actually puts a lot of effort in it tbh

url%5D

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

Can someone tell me what the deal is with Zendaya? Why is she everywhere all of a sudden? The poor girl can’t act (or at least not in dune) and from her various appearances she hasn’t struck me with having a particularly interesting fashion sense too (bar that one C-3PO appearance at the dune premier). So not sure why she’s been given the honours of being a co-chair :wtf2:

apart from what everyone else is saying (which I agree with) i also think a big part of people’s obsession with her is because her reputation is so good. like, i can’t tie her to a single scandal etc (maybe i’m wrong, but if there’s any it’s very swept under the radar) and she is that level of unattainable celebrity that is fun to enjoy because she’s not trying too hard to be relatable and it’s good escapism. i think that disney media training did her good :true:

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

apart from what everyone else is saying (which I agree with) i also think a big part of people’s obsession with her is because her reputation is so good. like, i can’t tie her to a single scandal etc (maybe i’m wrong, but if there’s any it’s very swept under the radar) and she is that level of unattainable celebrity that is fun to enjoy because she’s not trying too hard to be relatable and it’s good escapism. i think that disney media training did her good :true:

She's so sweet and kind with her fans and people as well! There are some actors who I love just because of their personality and that's Zendaya for me! :flutter: Also with Tom Holland (who is also a huge celebrity), they're having their "royal couple" moment, where every media outlet's attention is on them.

url%5D

i need lana designed by gucci again. or maybe designed by someone who can give iconic again like that especially for a sleeping beauty design BITCH imagine she goes dressed in full glam as maleficent with big horns (won't happen)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Because everyone was kind enough to respond to my comment about Zendaya, thanks a lot :party:maybe the problem is just me not understanding her or following her enough. I wish her a great time at the met gala in any case! 

31 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

So many celebs have been spotted checking into NYC hotels including some of Molly’s other clients. I fear its joever for us that Lana’s not there by now

Do you know which celebs tho :creep: getting more curious over the guests lol

url%5D

17 minutes ago, Embach said:

Do you know which celebs tho :creep: getting more curious over the guests lol

@23metgala on twitter! Of Molly’s clients (that i know of) it’s Sydney Sweeney, Camila Mendes and Bella Hadid. And then there’s Kaia Gerber, Elle Fanning, Taylor Russell, one of the Challengers men. A lot of them are at the Carlyle Hotel which is apparently one of the most popular hotels for Met Gala guests. I think someone else said Mark Hotel is another popular choice. 

50 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

@23metgala on twitter! Of Molly’s clients (that i know of) it’s Sydney Sweeney, Camila Mendes and Bella Hadid. And then there’s Kaia Gerber, Elle Fanning, Taylor Russell, one of the Challengers men. A lot of them are at the Carlyle Hotel which is apparently one of the most popular hotels for Met Gala guests. I think someone else said Mark Hotel is another popular choice. 

Cool to know, ty!

url%5D

inspiration pictures ♡ aka what i would wear if i was a celebrity 

Spoiler

IMG-1912.jpg

IMG-1914.jpg

IMG-1915.jpg

IMG-1919.jpg

IMG-1917.jpg

IMG-1922.jpg

IMG-1921.jpg

IMG-1918.jpg

IMG-1920.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

What are your favorite Met Gala looks over the years? Here are my favorites over the past few years! :flutter:

Spoiler

Lana Del Rey - 2012 & 2018

url%5D

url%5D

Dua Lipa - 2019 & 2023

url

url%5D

Blake Lively - 2018 & 2022

url%5D

I think that the 2022 look is my all-time favorite. So godly, so divine, absolutely stunning!

url%5D

Anne Hathaway - 2023

url%5D

Pedro Pascal - 2023 (his look was very cool but did not suit the Karl Lagerfeld theme at all, in my opinion!)

url%5D

Jared Leto - 2018 & 2019

url%5D

url%5D

Timothée Chalamet - 2021 (little bit basic but I loved the jacket)

url%5D

Lorde - 2021

url%5D

Taylor Swift - 2014

url%5D

Katy Perry - 2018, 2019 & 2022

url%5D

app%5Dscreenshoturl%5D

Florence Welch - 2011 & 2019

NOW LOOK AT HER! WHAT A GODDESS! :legend:

url%5D

url%5D

Lykke Li - 2019

img%5D%5B

Lily Collins - 2018 & 2019

url%5D

The Priscilla Look!

url%5D

Ariana Grande - 2018

url%5D

Billie Eilish - 2021

url%5D

Kim Kardashian - 2015 & 2019

url%5D

url%5D

Lady Gaga - 2019

url

Rihanna - 2015, 2018 & 2023

url%5D

url%5D

img%5D%5B

I think that the best one and the most beautiful one was in 2018 - the theme "Heavenly Bodies" and I also think it was the last one where almost every celebrity got it right. I really loved the "camp" theme of 2019 as well where there were many fun and cool looks but I felt like ever since the themes have kinda lost its meaning since everyone are trying to "recreate" the camp theme or just getting more random, I don't know. I wasn't the biggest fan of the 2023's Karl Lagerfeld theme but there were many celebrities who served!

url%5D

not quite the met gala... but i love her look here :trisha: 

Zendaya, Bad Bunny, Jennifer Lopez & Chris Hemsworth Attend Pre-Met Gala  Dinner: Photo 5036876 | 2024 Met Gala, Bad Bunny, Chris Hemsworth, Elsa  Pataky, James Corden, Jennifer Lopez, Josh O'Connor, Julia Carey,

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

If I was a celebrity and a millionaire and had an invitation to this year's Met Gala, I would let Dior to make a replica of this Haute Couture Spring-Summer 1949 Miss Dior Trompe L'œil Line dress and wear this at the Met.

It would be perfect for that because it perfectly symbolizes "The Garden Of Time" dress code theme this year - the dress and the collection itself was a tribute to Christian Dior's sister Catherine's passion for flowers and also it would be the 75th anniversary of this dress! The tribute was described as: "Her unconditional love for flowers led to her rebirth. Catherine became a “flower representative”, delivering flowers in Paris and sending fresh flowers all over the world."

What a beautiful dress, I hope there is a celebrity out there who had the same idea as I had and does the same for Met Gala. This dress is just so beautiful and ethereal, a stunning piece of art! :flutter:

url%5D

url%5D

Here's a miniature version of this beauty! :flutter:

url%5D

url%5D

Worn by a model at that time! :flutter:

%5Dpictures

I would pair this look with custom Dior slingback pumps, like these but decorated with flower motifs similarly to the ones on the dress!

url%5D

I'm not sure about jewelry, I wouldn't really like a shining diamond necklace and earrings on this dress because it would grab all the attention from the flower details. Rather I would wear these Vintage Haute Couture Christian Dior earrings and choker/pendant from Spring 1998 collection! They would, again, suit the theme but I'm not sure how would they look with the dress but I do know that the main attention, the "main star of my outfit" would be the dress. Obviously, I would be fine without jewelry, maybe I'd wear a sophisticated golden ring.

url%5D

url%5D

Or this beauty! :flutter:

url%5D

Or this silver toned pairing! :flutter:

url%5D

url%5D

My hair would be dark brown short hair but with glamorous and chic finger waves. My make-up would be rather simple, more like natural style, I wouldn't have a lot make-up on. I'd rather have a face with fresh skin care with foundation. Maybe with Lana's Love music video inspired long eyeliner style too but I'm not sure. I know that with this dress, natural pink lip color would maybe suit with the spring themes of it but I'd rather have dark cherry red lip color (dark burgundy but not too dark) to let my big grey eyes shine (to be honest, the only feature of mines I actually like)! My nails would be also rather simple, not long but normal length and nude colored!

I don't know how all of this combination would actually look like, maybe it looks nicer in my head but what I do know is that this dress would suit this year's Met Gala 100%!!!!!!! :flutter::flutter::flutter:

url%5D