Sign in to follow this  
misselectrarockwell

What’s the funniest LDR article/interview you’ve seen?

Lana’s been in the public eye for over a decade now and there’s been hundreds of articles written about her coming from big tabloids and indie publications alike.

What’s the funniest or most unhinged thing you’ve seen in a Lana article/interview? Both good and bad are welcome.

Perhaps it’s an outrageous title of an article to draw people in, a funny interviewer, a music critic making a statement or Lana just being Lana, drop anything memorable down below! :party:

I’ll start with this classic that starts at 3:50, Lana for XFM back in 2012:

lana del rey & annie mac 2021 only because i was laughing at the reaches people were trying to pass off online in an attempt to cancel her

look at her now... you really did a number on her!!-!/!/!:eartha:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

7 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

lana del rey & annie mac 2021 only because i was laughing at the reaches people were trying to pass off online in an attempt to cancel her

YES!! Annie putting words in her mouth at times, the chimney breaking mid-interview and the public backlash afterwards was wild, what a time to be a stan

20 minutes ago, misselectrarockwell said:

Lana’s been in the public eye for over a decade now and there’s been hundreds of articles written about her coming from big tabloids and indie publications alike.

What’s the funniest or most unhinged thing you’ve seen in a Lana article/interview? Both good and bad are welcome.

Perhaps it’s an outrageous title of an article to draw people in, a funny interviewer, a music critic making a statement or Lana just being Lana, drop anything memorable down below! :party:

I’ll start with this classic that starts at 3:50, Lana for XFM back in 2012:

help why did she moan at 4:37 ??

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Any article trying to describe Lana's music with big words and big references is so funny to me. It's like they try so hard trying to become Lana and write it in Lana's lyrics that its unnatural.. and when Lana has only really described her music quite simply because sophistication and specific referencing is so natural to her.

This brings to mind the 2019 article that Lana responded to with this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj2srcN3FKWTiMpP7Z5Pe

I read the article and just laughed. Even without Lana's response bringing attention to it, it truly did make me cringe. Some people really think they're writing poetry when they write about her :teehee:

9 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

truly iconic chimney antics

That one interview from 2012 where Lana said that a psychic told her that she has a breathy voice because she fell of a tree when she was a kid or something

url%5D

A good few years ago, she was giving a radio interview in the UK.

She'd just walked into the studio and the talk show host made a joke along the lines of, "Oh-oh, Lana's just pulled out a giant dildo out of her bag," and Lana responded with:

"That's because I knew you were gonna be here."

5 hours ago, Embach said:

That one interview from 2012 where Lana said that a psychic told her that she has a breathy voice because she fell of a tree when she was a kid or something

NO WAY THIS IS REAL I'M SCREAMING :eartha:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

i just simply adore this one

Name and where you are from: Lizzy Grant - from All Over.

Describe your style: Alabama Dark meets Dope and Diamonds. Lots of flowers in my hair and violets around my wrist.  Gold Lamé.

Tell us about your music: It falls under the genre of surf noir. It feels like the 4th of July. It is influenced by Elvis, the Beach Boys, and Nirvana. The lyrics are inspired by true love and being born bad.

What do you find inspiring?  Doing dangerous things.  Making movies.  Sparkling on stage at the Coney Island Grotto. Jesus, Daytona, Chandeliers, ex-heroin addicts (emphasis on EX!).

Top ten tunes on your play list: Click to listen. (Broken)

Most treasured item(s) in your closet: I love a black corset.

What item do you covet? Diamond Eyelashes.

Fashion heroes? Divine.  David Bowie.  Statue of Liberty.  Britney Spears.

Favorite fashion period? The 50's or ancient Egypt.

What do you plan to wear this spring? Acrylic Nails - sporting American flags on each nail.

Famous Last Words: I do.

21 hours ago, southbeachswing said:

The awkward pause at 3:30 makes me laugh every time :rip: and everything she says in this interview is kind of a gem

I’m not joking I think about this interview all the time… She reminds me of a former classmate who I really thought was always making stuff up but then she would actually go and do the crazy things she was talking about

Anyways I get the same vibes from Lizzy there as from that girl, I feel like she’s making stuff up just because her stories are so unusual but I really have no clue what’s real and what’s not