Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

if you told 2020 me, fresh out of the qftc drama, that 2024 Lana would be married, living in a trailer park, and being best friends with Taylor swift I would’ve called you insane.

ABRA - ADDISON RAE - AMAARAE - ARCA - BJÖRK - CARDOPUSHER - CAROLINE POLACHEK - CHARLI XCX - COBRAH - DOJA CAT - DOON KANDA - DUA LIPA - ELLIE GOULDING - ETHEL CAIN - FIONA APPLE - FKA TWIGS - GRIMES - HEIDI MONTAG - JANELLE MONÁE - KALI UCHIS - KELELA - KILO KISH - KISS FACILITY - KYLIE MINOGUE - LANA DEL REY - LORDE - MADONNA - OPN - PHOEBE BRIDGERS - PINKPANTHERESS - ROCHELLE JORDAN - ROSALÍA - SEGA BODEGA - SHYGIRL - SKY FERREIRA - SLAYYYTER - SOPHIE - SZA - T.A.T.U. - TAMARYN - TAYLOR SWIFT - TIM HECKER - TINASHE - TOMMY GENESIS

1 hour ago, lucky blue said:

This is the parasocial behavior Chappel Roan talked about. Leave her be — unless Lana reveals herself to be bigoted or racist or whatever, stop assuming she is.

I mean it doesn't mean SHE is but the evidence that her husband is, is mounting and it's difficult to ignore

You're only as good as the people you associate with and "husband" is a pretty close association 

Is she entitled to marry whomever she wants? Yes. Are people entitled to comment and have opinions on it? Also yes. Does she have to give a fuck about our opinions? No. 

There's nothing parasocial about thinking her choice of husband is bad or whatever, and saying that. It's normal to have an opinion. 

If you're lying on your bedroom floor crying about it, that's another matter

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

21 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Lana's view after waking up after wedding

1000_F_310792048_V1cJck8nm2F4kkOlTeBPGfQ

I just know that @Cake Bush would've said something super horny about this

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’m lowkey surprised she never randomly got married earlier in her career

In her Lizzy Grant website or something, she said that she was married, I can't really remember it but the text was camp af

2.gif

1 hour ago, lucky blue said:

This is the parasocial behavior Chappel Roan talked about. Leave her be — unless Lana reveals herself to be bigoted or racist or whatever, stop assuming she is.

I mean none of us crashed her wedding or are screaming at her in the streets or sending her private messages crying that’s she’s ruined her life we are discussing our opinions on her marriage in a thread dedicated to the topic on website dedicated to the artist herself aren’t we all a little parasocial by being here in the first place??? 

2 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I mean none of us crashed her wedding or are screaming at her in the streets or sending her private messages crying that’s she’s ruined her life we are discussing our opinions on her marriage in a thread dedicated to the topic on website dedicated to the artist herself aren’t we all a little parasocial by being here in the first place??? 

Sorta kinda

8 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

There's nothing parasocial about thinking her choice of husband is bad or whatever, and saying that. It's normal to have an opinion. 

This is the definition of parasocial, which is something we are all partaking in. We are assuming beliefs about people who we do not know, and can only gain from lyrical interpretation or online discourse.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

10 minutes ago, Embach said:

Apparently I saw it for the first time and those fans are so fucking stalkerish :brigitte:

Apparently the daughter of Lana’s husband (so crazy to say that :toofloppy:) invited these girls from her school to her house to fight them. That’s the girl that filmed everything 

3 minutes ago, jaesana said:

This is the definition of parasocial, which is something we are all partaking in. We are assuming beliefs about people who we do not know, and can only gain from lyrical interpretation or online discourse.

No, assuming beliefs about people you do not know is not parasocial behavior by definition. Hope this helps 😭

Just now, 79lipstick said:

No, assuming beliefs about people you do not know is not parasocial behavior by definition. Hope this helps 😭

Girl be fucking for real. We’re doing this on LANABOARDS. It’s parasocial.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

4 minutes ago, jaesana said:

Theres definite evidence- it’s not an assumption if it was factually posted and verified by 10+ people- was it weird to stalk her then maybe boyfriend? Yes but cats out of the bag and everything on the internet is nigh parasocial.

6 minutes ago, jaesana said:

It can be. But they aren’t mutually exclusive. It is a lot more social than parasocial. Hope this helps....:judgingu2:

3 minutes ago, jaesana said:

All these buzzwords and for what? Some of us are minorities and feel devastated by someone we look up to marrying someone who wants to beat up transwomen, while her daughter openly uses slurs. 

38 minutes ago, jaesana said:

Well yes, but there are differing degrees

Like I don't think there's anything wrong with reading something about a celebrity and forming an opinion on it, based on what you read. 

When you think about it, all celebrityism (?) is reliant on people's investment of time, energy and money

Famous people would not exist if no one commented or cared

It's a much wider discussion, but my point is that commenting/having an opinion isn't unhealthy as long as the person having it recognises the limitations of it (which is why I said, Lana doesn't have to give a fuck about our opinions) 

If you're sitting around feeling personally victimised or upset about this then yes, that's unhealthy. And I'm not attacking anyone who feels that way, because people can feel however they want,  but I do think such people need to examine why they feel that way

It's when all of this ^ translates into stalking, bullying and otherwise trying to interfere with people's lives that it's problematic

Jmo

If something is put in front of me, I'm gonna have an opinion on it whether I say it or not

But it doesn't affect my life at all

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream