Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

6 hours ago, jaesana said:

Not going to get into this on Lanaboards because there’s plenty of discussion online around behind the term ACAB. Short answer is that I’m sure they can be nice when the uniform is off. Being a cop is working on behalf of the state, often weaponized against marginalized communities. My overall point was I would be way more disgusted w her marrying a cop rather than a guy from Louisiana. One holds tremendous power and the other is a pretty standard American Republican 

You’re more disgusted by the thought of her marrying a cop (who has not been accused of doing anything violent to a minority or vulnerabe group of people) than her ACTUALLY marrying a person that proudly shared on his social media that he thinks transgender women should get violently assaulted to the point of their face being totally disfigured and broken, just for being who they are? 

I am so sick and tired of people constantly thinking minorities get upset with people voting for republicans simply bc of their different political vievs… No, there are somewhat normal republicans out there, ofc! But this man is the definition of vile, and as women, POC, and LGBTQ we are allowed to be heartbroken and upset.

9 hours ago, Manchild said:

Are you sure? She posted on her @cheapyxomiami username today?

Yeah she changed it within the last 24 hours. She even posted about changing it. 

1 hour ago, tombombadil01 said:

Omg if this is true I fear she clocked her real bad and tbh it’s deserved down to the last word but it’s weird that she’s writing about herself in the third person - is this her official account? 

It is. She posts pictures of herself and does Twitter spaces on there sometimes. 

1 hour ago, TropicoHeart said:

proudly shared on his social media that he thinks transgender women should get violently assaulted to the point of their face being totally disfigured and broken, just for being who they are? 

i did not know he said this :shock2:

which social media platform? 

4wY9W0x.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Genesee said:

i did not know he said this :shock2:

which social media platform? 

facebook and he removed it. probably got back to him from lana and crew that it was, uh, completely fucked up.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

23 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Now that the implications of Lana being married to that man have been thoroughly discussed and hyperanalyzed, the next logical step looks a little something like this:
opened-window-summer-field-with-high-gra

Not swampy enough. 

3 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

no amount of thinkpieces are going to change anyones minds nowadays, people are very set in their views. i don't think lana is going to become some right wing republican looney, but i don’t think she is going to sway whats his name either. saying that, lana IS a person who jumps on things quickly and often, so who knows

anyways i have my own life so i’m gonna stop worrying about hers 

next, see how her marriage appears in her "I'm so random" feed :hide:

6 minutes ago, BethDufreneOnTheBayouByYou said:

501-angie-katsanevas-scroll.jpg?itok=PjW

it’s time to lock it up. Take it doen. Now. 

Omg you know I thought it was Meredith as ur pfp when i first saw you comment:delish2:

Can we please not lock this thread? I don't like when people say that for every remotely controversial topic. And no h8, because I used to do it myself, but then I noticed it was kinda ridiculous

This is a major event for Lana and it deserves a place to discuss, if this thread gets locked then the discussion will simply be carried over across other threads… :crossed:

✧ 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂, 𝓈𝒾𝒻𝓉 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮 ✧

Private lives and romantic lives are messy---look at our own. 

We like to think we know all the facts and what's in Lana's heart and mind, but we don't. We form a picture of her based on what we do know to be fact, but what we assemble from those partial facts is only an estimation and not exact, and will never be exact--especially because we live in an age where people reject objective-as-possible fact in favor of their own interpretation or belief system, and find it hard to live with unknowns

Almost 70 years after her death, some of the facts of Marilyn Monroe's life, character, and death are still unknown but hotly debated. There's nary a major public figure about which this is not true: Jackie Kennedy, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, Elvis Presley, and figures with lower global profiles, like Janice Joplin and Jeff Buckley. 

Stanning is not far from hero worship, which makes a cult out of the hero in question, and worship often turns into hate when the worshipped figure does not act in accordance with what is expected--and in which followers are deeply invested.  

I agree, this marriage and relationship appear awkward to my eyes, and her husband appears gauche, even coarse based on some of his social media, but I don't know the truth, the facts, what lies in their hearts or what they share. I don't know either of them.

To me, it seems better to draw what conclusions I can from the hard but partial facts, but otherwise give the entire situation the benefit of the doubt, live with all the unknowns, and wish Lana the best.