TIARNZUS

Lana Del Rey Reveals Details About "Spiritual" New Album

I'm just hoping Body Electric and Bel air are the type of lyrics she's going to have on this next album. I can't take much more pink lip gloss, motorcycles, daddies, and taking that body downtown.

Body Electric is like all the lyrics on BTD combined into one song, so no thanks. :emma: 

14417469274.gif

I have to agree, "Paradise" is quiet dark! Or should i say for me very depressing.. I LOVE her haunting sound .. but it is kinda difficult.. you have to be in the right mood the listen to those songs. But that's so special about Lana. She has a sound on her own! 

I would love a mix between "Born to die" and "Paradise"! 

Everytime i close my eyes, it's like a Dark Paradise!

well, i hope you guys are wrong and we're getting something new and different

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

well, i hope you guys are wrong and we're getting something new and different

We probably will.

Paradise was the afterthought of BTD, so of course it has similar lyrics/themes.

But I'm sure she has more to it than that, she might surprise us.

Black beauty could be anything

Paradise is pretty dark EP for me overall. She left all the funny beats she´d had on Born to Die. And I dont know if people are here for more songs like on Paradise. Actually, a lot of people (even fans) starts to get bored of it. She kinda rips off herself. I think she shoud be more experimental and play with new sound and beats. But I see Intercope wants her to be that mysterious femme fatale. 

tumblr_m8tclyjeFp1qgne6io1_250.gif

I clearly said something xD

sry... loon will be here... xD

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Body Electric is like all the lyrics on BTD combined into one song, so no thanks. :emma:

Body Electric is one of the few songs she has written that can be interpreted in multiple ways, the lyrics may be simple but they have a deep meaning something most of her songs don't. Id be more than happy with Body Electric kind songs, I love "poetic Lana" and a full deep disc would be cool and fit this spiritual theme she talks about.

Body Electric is one of the few songs she has written that can be interpreted in multiple ways, the lyrics may be simple but they have a deep meaning something most of her songs don't. Id be more than happy with Body Electric kind songs, I love "poetic Lana" and a full deep disc would be cool and fit this spiritual theme she talks about.

Not seeing what you're talking about at all. Care to elaborate?

14417469274.gif

IA with you.. even though Bel Air is one of my few favorites from Paradise, Body Electric is the most fluid track imo. Even the "Elvis is my daddy" (which upon first listen I found eye roll worthy) is kind of transcendent - she's saying these are my influences - the people who helped make "Lana Del Rey" and now I emulate them.  I sing the body electric ~I've opened the window to the soul for my audience~ .. "The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them" and it's dark so it's like there's something hidden there.. like maybe she resents it or it didn't turn out how she thought...sort of makes me think of the backlash she received.  IDK, the lyrics just seem to fit together whereas the other songs, in comparison at least, seem to be a string of random phrases/ "Lanaisms" 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I remember before BtD been released she described as "Bruce Springsteen in Miami" which sounds amazing but is the last thing that we can recall while listening to the record. So it's pretty sure to say that the producers had a huge influnce on it (otherwise I don't think that she would have ruinded Diet Moutain Dew like that) then I bet until they finish the new album will sound a lot different of what she has in mind. 

National Anthem sort of fits with that  :holla:

Not seeing what you're talking about at all. Care to elaborate?

The song doesn't have a clear meaning. It's not like Blue Jeans, Ride, National Anthem... were we know what the song is exactly about. She's giving us hints about how she feels, not telling us directly, just like in Born To Die. Dumb lyrics like "Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn's my mother", turn out to have a deep meaning. She uses metaphors, she gets more "poetic"?. We don't know what this song means, we can only assume the meaning. It's a deep song.

The song doesn't have a clear meaning. It's not like Blue Jeans, Ride, National Anthem... were we know what the song is exactly about. She's giving us hints about how she feels, not telling us directly, just like in Born To Die. Dumb lyrics like "Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn's my mother", turn out to have a deep meaning. She uses metaphors, she gets more "poetic"?. We don't know what this song means, we can only assume the meaning. It's a deep song.

Cool, I see what you mean now. That's true. I just think that it seems kind flat coming after BTD because there are so many lyrical characteristics she'd already used before, though with BE she's doing it in a different way. Thanks for humoring me. :)

14417469274.gif

IA with you.. even though Bel Air is one of my few favorites from Paradise, Body Electric is the most fluid track imo. Even the "Elvis is my daddy" (which upon first listen I found eye roll worthy) is kind of transcendent - she's saying these are my influences - the people who helped make "Lana Del Rey" and now I emulate them. I sing the body electric ~I've opened the window to the soul for my audience~ .. "The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them" and it's dark so it's like there's something hidden there.. like maybe she resents it or it didn't turn out how she thought...sort of makes me think of the backlash she received. IDK, the lyrics just seem to fit together whereas the other songs, in comparison at least, seem to be a string of random phrases/ "Lanaisms"

Lanaisms? lol! Body Electric can be in interpreted in so many ways, I agree with you in the influence stuff, without them Lana would be different.. But to me the song is like falling into madness, "Mary prays the rosary for my broken mind", she knows she's fucked up (Do you also hear a monster making a weird sound on the verse btw? o.o ), but she doesn't care, that's how she deals with her boy leaving her. She's very lonely...

Body Electric, since the first time i heard the live performance from last summer, has always sounded to me like madness. Those first performances were tapping into something higher, something transcendent, even on a purely musical level--it's like encoded in those melodies. It was a shame that the album version didn't capture it.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Body Electric, since the first time i heard the live performance from last summer, has always sounded to me like madness. Those first performances were tapping into something higher, something transcendent, even on a purely musical level--it's like encoded in those melodies. It was a shame that the album version didn't capture it.

I think the current live version draws on the song's early live arrangement.