Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just now, Embach said:

I don't wanna sound hateful because I appreciate Lana's songwriting in that song and I know that many many people find that line iconic while I kind of do too but...

While I find NFR a cool song but the opening line makes me cringe, I'm so sorry, I can't help that. It's not on the same level as the Pepsi opening line in Cola (although I think it's overused a lot).

My favorite Lana opening line is: "we both know that it's not fashionable to love me".

Also am I only one who thinks that Fk It I Love You and Religion have similar melodies? I really haven't listening to FIILY in a long time too, although I think it's a cool track but it doesn't have replay value for me 😕 and it's sad because I know how many people love FIILY. 

I adore Religion though, it's so underrated, I sooooo love the "hallelujah" part. It should've been a radio single.

Totally agree, I don't think "you fucked me so good I almost said I love you" is the great line people make it out to be. I've always found it cringe. 

Also agree that Religion is extremely underrated. 

I don't think that NFR is her best album. I love NFR but there are other albums that deserve that title. But I do understand why people, fans and the critics called NFR her best album.

url%5D

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

I don't wanna sound hateful because I appreciate Lana's songwriting in that song and I know that many many people find that line iconic while I kind of do too but...

While I find NFR a cool song but the opening line makes me cringe, I'm so sorry, I can't help that. It's not on the same level as the Pepsi opening line in Cola (although I think it's overused a lot).

I agree, NFR (title track) is probably my least listened to song from the album

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

I don't think that NFR is her best album. I love NFR but there are other albums that deserve that title. But I do understand why people, fans and the critics called NFR her best album.

absolutely undoubtedly 100% immaculately yes that its not her best:true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 hours ago, Jakk said:

Lana and Sarah Paulson really don’t look alike :biblio:

Imo Adele and Sarah are more similar to eachother

url%5D

I really don’t like yes to heaven. When I first heard it I liked it a lot however now whenever I hear it I just skip past it. I don’t want to sound like a gatekeeper but since it went on TikTok I have just really disliked it (especially the sped up version).  I also don’t think she should have released it as a single, she has so many other unreleased songs which are a lot better in my opinion so she should of released them instead.  Xx

Cohesion is overrated, idk why people need cohesive albums. Imo when albums are too covesive it can get really boring and monotonous. I need so diversity so the album has show itself from different angles.

I also don't when an album has only 11-13 tracks without a deluxe. It's more empty and may look like an EP. I think it's more perfect when an album has 14-16 tracks because then the album has showed itself in every way possible and then there is no room left more, if u understand what I mean.

So my unpop opinion is that none of Lana's albums are 100% cohesive and there is always some nice and enjoyable diversity in sounds and it's what I love a lot about her albums. Also I love that Lana keeps making 14-16 track long albums and she should keep doing this. I never really consider BTD with 12 tracks and UV 11 tracks, I always consider them full with the deluxe tracks, as BTD w 15 tracks and UV with 16 tracks. That's why i love her long albums. Okay i may have worded this shit too but i am in hurry so yeah, u got my point

url%5D

On 7/17/2023 at 4:17 PM, mermaidsparkle said:

Totally agree, I don't think "you fucked me so good I almost said I love you" is the great line people make it out to be. I've always found it cringe. 

Also agree that Religion is extremely underrated. 

I don't understand how the concept of that is cringe at all tbh lol. I guess that's why it's an unpopular opinion though.

Change is one of Lana's most important songs ever.

First, the story of the song is very inspiring. The fact that she worked on it just hours before the Lust for Life deadline and sent it to the label is amazing, it speaks a lot of her artistically. She trusted in the vision of that song, like it or not, it ended up being a defining moment on the album, one that truly encapsuled the meaning and message of Lust for Life, without all the beats and happy lyrics. It is the true portrayal of Lana's mind back then.

Then, of course, the way it marked the beginning of a new chapter in her career. Before the release of Norman, she stated that her upcoming music was more in the vein of the song Change, and it was true. Lots of piano, confessional, intimate lyricism mixed with references or allusions to bigger world issues. I love to think of Change as a climate change song; it preceded Norman's "end of the world" concept and sound.

Also, it's one of her best lyrics imo. She's singing about the world unavoidably changing so as a human and citizen she's forced to change with the times too, and toughen up to face these times. Regarding her feelings and who she is as a person and woman, she made it clear that she's staying true to her essence with songs like Mariners Apartment Complex and Yosemite. But Change is more about "what can I personally do to make a better world". I always remember that interview where she said that being a good citizen is a major priority for her.

I think that's all I have to say now but yeah Change is a turning point for her artistically and personally. I have a Change tattoo with the Lust for Life font on my right arm.

I would like an experimental Lana album where she tackles a genre so far from her discography such as a pure pop album, a country album, a disco album or even a pop-rock album. Her perspective is so unique that I know she's gonna create something groundbreaking if she does something like that. 

I love that line "all seems stranger than a stranger" so much I don't know why people hate that so much? It has a cool wordplay in it that mean that "all seems more strange than a strange person" which suits the song very nice in the themes of "screwing anonymity". Are people having difficulties understanding this line or why do they hate this so much!?

url%5D

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Lana and Billie would sound good together on a song.

I love your obsession with these hypothetical collaborations lmao you've said this about Melanie and Marina too :hide:

It's such a shame that Paradise never had a colored vinyl. It should've had a golden vinyl. 

It's controversial but I have to say it: Question For The Culture was a necessary post. People outside the fandom like music critics, journalists or other musicians constantly criticized her in BTD and UV (also about Lizzy era) era for glamorizing abuse, for being sad and wanting to die and for not being a feminist or for not being a great example for young people. And when she dropped NFR they like pretended that her other work doesn't exist and were happy that she wasn't singing about abuse. Lana had every right to be mad and had to clarify everything but ofc everybody misread it and the message was overshadowed by the fact that she namedropped Bey and Ari...

Spoiler

Lana on May 21, 2020

1689953371926.jpg

url%5D

12 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

I don't understand how the concept of that is cringe at all tbh lol. I guess that's why it's an unpopular opinion though.

For me it's just a personal thing. I tend to dislike lyrics like that bc they feel a little too on the nose.

For example, "There are roses in between my thighs, fire that surrounds you." is a line essentially saying the same thing (that they have amazing sex) but I feel like it gets the point across without being so overtly literal or direct, which I prefer. Other people might have the opposite opinion and that's fine. 

I don't care if tiktok teens discover my favourite lana songs. Why is every comment under a lizzie song "don't let tiktok find this!!." Who cares? Why does it take away from your enjoyment of the song? I don't get it. I find gatekeeping to be very juvenile and cringe

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

6 minutes ago, genghis khan said:

I don't care if tiktok teens discover my favourite lana songs. Why is every comment under a lizzie song "don't let tiktok find this!!." Who cares? Why does it take away from your enjoyment of the song? I don't get it. I find gatekeeping to be very juvenile and cringe

I used to think like you but now every time I listen to playing dangerous or jealous girl I can’t dissociate it with the anorexic coquette tiktok lana stans and I just can’t enjoy it as much lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・