Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Unpopular but… The more we learn about BTD and UV’s creation, the more I think those albums were sonically « accidental » or have been pushed a lot by their respective producer… and Lana would have preferred them to sound more « stripped back ». 

i only think this is true for btd. i think lana was really happy with the outcome of uv. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I have said it many times before but think she's a good actress and it's a fucking crime that Tropico wasn't nominated at the Oscars for best short-movie or something like that.

Tropico definitely deserved more attention and it's crazy that it's still great piece of art after 10 years. Some movies do not age well even before it becomes one year old but Tropico definitely aged well like a fine wine.

She deserves to be in a major movie in a major role but I feel like she doesn't want it since she said that she's too shy to be an actress. But even her acting in Ride and Candy Necklace was great too.

url%5D

NFR-Violets-COTCC was the best run in her discography. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

may jailer-2007-AKA was the best run in her discography/musical career :true: 

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

29 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i only think this is true for btd. i think lana was really happy with the outcome of uv. 

I think she was happy with UV… but there was a lot of « fuck this shit » energy while creating it. And we know that Dan and her « fought » while creating the album, so maybe if she had only her way, maybe Uv wouldn’t be as much guitar-driven as it is now… 

27 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

:noparty:

don't hate me just bc i'm the one doing this thread right :scoff:

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

36 minutes ago, Embach said:

I'm not a local but her most iconic run is

BTD-UV-HM

The quintessential Lana Del Rey :godlaugh:

not at all a local.. just a truth teller! :true:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

i don't really give a fuck about album (and single) cover arts :awkney: like after all it's just a photo, more important to me is the music, a photo doesn't really affect it. like if it's great it's iconic but if you don't like the photo it's not the end of the world, why obsess over it?!?!?

url%5D

On 8/17/2023 at 10:23 PM, GeminiLanaFan said:

Unpopular but… The more we learn about BTD and UV’s creation, the more I think those albums were sonically « accidental » or have been pushed a lot by their respective producer… and Lana would have preferred them to sound more « stripped back ». 

and thank god they weren't

On 8/18/2023 at 2:23 AM, GeminiLanaFan said:

Ultra is fathomable as the outcome was brilliant- but born to die… Emile Haynie what have you done. Diet mt dew demo, nationa anthem demo, dark Paradise demo, what makes us girls demo, lolita lucky ones demo… emile… count your days my dude! If i was Lanz- i would be angered too..!

Imo BTD era demos are overrated af 

The only demo I would listen to from that era is maybe Diet Mountain Dew but that's it

url%5D

2 hours ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

and thank god they weren't

Indeed!

but maybe this is why I’m not sure if we should even realistically wish for more guitar-heavy albums in the future, since it was almost like a « once-in-a-lifetime » thing :um2: Not that I am against it at all, but it seems less and less likely over time

On 8/17/2023 at 3:58 PM, Mer said:

NFR-Violets-COTCC was the best run in her discography. 

no but seriously i think in the future people are gonna look back on that period as one of the most iconic points of her career

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif