Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Yeah, I'm sure she was, but she looked about 33 if I had to guess her age. She's really pretty but in an older way.

I'd say she looks her age, but a lot of common examples of beauty in their twenties look like teenagers. Look at Mila Kunis, lots of people think she's one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood but to me she looks about 15, haha.

Older maybe. I don't think she's average in the slightest, though.

I find Nirvana overrated anyways

Agree about Nirvana being overrated.

OMG. I love you guys. Just the other day I wrote up a rant about my unpopular Nirvana opinion that I think they're overrated for the part of the covers-themed Lana Del Reydio podcast I'm working on where I talk about "Heart-shaped Box".

I can name at least five grunge bands that were better than Nirvana :shh:

In part of my rant I talk about how I prefer Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, or Stone Temple Pilots to Nirvana. And that I even prefer a couple Hole songs to anything Nirvana ever did.

I also talk about how the death of Mother Love Bone frontman Andrew Wood should be considered the death most central to the story of grunge, not Cobain's.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I know she's in a happy relationship rn, and I'm glad that she is (even though I've said some stuff in another thread) but her past life is so intriguing, I just wish that she'd stop covering it up and embrace it, cause I'm honestly loving it so much, I'd be willing to know all about it. But then I guess, what's the fun of being a Lana fan right. We have to be creepy and dig up all the bits and pieces.

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

that "one for the money two for the showhaOOOAAAAOOOOOOOOAAAOOO" Lana does when she sings Million Dollar Man live makes me cringe so much!! i get that she gets passionate or really into it but that noise is just too much for me..

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

that "one for the money two for the showhaOOOAAAAOOOOOOOOAAAOOO" Lana does when she sings Million Dollar Man live makes me cringe so much!! i get that she gets passionate or really into it but that noise is just too much for me..

Oh, I hate all of the noises she does. Every time someone says they like the live versions over the album versions, I'm always like...

521koz.jpg

The show in MDM, the 'chu-crah-zee' in BE. All of it.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

The show in MDM, the 'chu-crah-zee' in BE. All of it.

Be my best friend. I completely agree. Noises of all types I cannot stand, especially the chu-crah-zee in Body Electric.

But keep the MDM comments hush hush or SugarVenom will kill you in your sleep. :P

I prefer the second version of Driving In Cars, where she sings the chorus in the low voice. Pretty much NO ONE likes that version, but i like it more, mostly because it's easier for me to sing since i don't have a high pitched womans voice :haha: plus the high pitched one does kinda give me a headache sometimes if i'm not in the mood for it.

I prefer the second version of Driving In Cars, where she sings the chorus in the low voice. Pretty much NO ONE likes that version, but i like it more, mostly because it's easier for me to sing since i don't have a high pitched womans voice :haha: plus the high pitched one does kinda give me a headache sometimes if i'm not in the mood for it.

How I'd love a version with the low chorus and the extended pre-chorus. But at the end of the day, I love the pre-chorus more than the low chorus, so I always listen to the demo.

I love that backing track. (Or whatever it is you call the non-vocals, since Monicker pointed out "instrumental" is wrong...)

Backing track is correct when referring to the entirety of the music portion of the recording of a song, but instrumental would kind of make sense in that sentence too, although it's a bit awkward. But when did i say that "instrumental" is wrong? I think you're thinking of when i pointed out my annoyance when people say "instrumentals" when they mean to say instrumentation? Also, maybe the thing about calling the vocal track in a song "the acapella."

Let's put it this way: if you had a mix of a song sans vocals you could say that you're listening to the instrumental version. If you're talking about a song (with the vocals) and you wanted to make a comment specifically on the music (as you were doing above with Burning Desire) backing track would be the most appropriate. Just don't say i love the instrumentals of that song. Or, i love Lana's acapella in that song. And, for the love of all the dead dinosaurs that ever roamed this beautiful planet, do not pluralize vinyl. You don't collect vinyls, you collect goddamn motherfucking vinyl. :)

Sometimes I wonder if she really listens to Elvis and reads Nabokov (esp. since she mis-spelled it).. like is it all part of her image or an effort to appeal to her hipster youth audience? lol

Okay, I'm more inclined to believe she listens to Elvis but when asked about Nirvana in an interview, she didn't appear to be too knowledgeable about one of her self-proclaimed favorite bands.

I have had this same thought before but in regards to The Beach Boys, given how many times she mentioned them as an influence/inspiration during her Lizzy dayz. I swear to God if i ever met Lana i would probably just talk to her about the BB the whole time. I want to know every single last thought she has on them. I want to know her favorite songs and albums of theirs. I want to hear her explain why she likes them. I want to know how much she knows about them. But let's be real, she'd probably be like, "Oh yeah, the Beach Boys, I love them, California Girls is so great!" and the conversation would come to a crashing halt right there. :facepalm:

I can name at least five grunge bands that were better than Nirvana :shh:

I don't know about grunge bands per se, but i can start with two that were close to home in the Nirvana universe:

1. The Melvins

2. Hole--on the strength alone of their first record, Pretty On The Inside. That album is better than anything Nirvana ever did, i reckon. Nirvana is regarded as highly as they are today because of great timing--timing in two cases: their rise and their fall (and it, of course, helps greatly that their fall came about from a suicide). They are way high up there in the list of most overrated. But if we want to talk overrated, The Beatles undoubtedly hold that #1 spot. And i'm sure they will never be dethroned. Oy, don't get me started on the overrated Beatles. I was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store today and they were selling this big, thick magazine entirely on the Beatles. It's a huge, global cult.

I need to go to bed.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein