Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

YES the demo is gorgeous!! Carmen & Lolita are the best examples of Emile's tacky production ruining an otherwise amazing Lana song. 

Hopefully he experimented in the studio a little more for LDR5. I do want the loon to make a little comeback though.... 

YES the LOON  :flutter:

I hate the fact that Lana doesnt do much for her album, like, Honeymoon was mainly recycled material AND THERE WAS NO TOUR!, Ultraviolence got a Tour but they she didnt perform any song that werent singles like sad girl, other woman,guns and roses. im so sorry but she is lazy as fuck :D tumblr_nin9heoSMF1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

Lana dresses like an ugly soccer mom  :eek:

she need her stylist from the iconic BTD era to come back 

:rip: I think -someone correct me if I'm wrong- that its the same stylist. He's called Johnny Blue Eyes and his been with her since before BTD. 

http://www.johnnyblueeyes.com/content/15348/styling/lana_del_rey

How can someone who created some of her most iconic looks flop so hard now  :crai:  :rollin:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

i hated every man gets his wish and thought it was always tacky. could NOT listen to it.

i've started coming around to it now, but i still prefer 1949 or hawaiian tropic

also guns and roses is perhaps her best released song

i would say the same for flipside but the lyrics really fall flat

@kristenaj -  I like listening to all the YAYO versions in a row.

and YAYO is the song one knows it is all Lana

for the haters and people who never listened to anything at all, this is the song one should force them to listen to

If she never released any other song ever, this alone would make her an iconic trailblazer, and people worldwide would by word of mouth, hear it.

and I believe that is the purpose she chose to show performing it with guitar solo this past year.

words cannot describe (even with all these words) but indulge me if I say, it is like how over the years, Leonard Cohen kept tinkering with Hallelujah

and must have written 40 verses to it over the years.

Imagine the end of life Johnny Cash (like when he sang hurt), singing it but from the man's point of view(and in the video- say Peter O'toole (not the young man, but in his last role, the old man in Venus, though Mark Mahoney would work), as the man watching her asking to take her away ... that is the only person I can imagine covering the song and doing it justice.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I love the "Honeymoon" album as a whole but to make it as good as "Ultraviolence" I would replace the following songs (which are my least favourite ones):

"Music to Watch Boys To", "Freak" and "Art Deco". :defeated:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

Rereading it, this may be the most stupid post ever

IKR, I'm 99% sure he made that post just to ~~~provoke!!!111 :facepalm:

i love tropico

Omg me too. It's my favorite Lana "video".

also guns and roses is perhaps her best released song

okay i love the song but that's simply too much :rip: