Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Cherry performance was terrible in terms of vocals it's giving me Body Electric live in Berlin type of nightmares

Yes I thought that too but I actually like it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Everyone seems to love her videos... but I wish we had more examples of her creating stories to go along with her music, i.e. the Lonely Queen for Born to Die. Her looking beautiful over and over again is just so hollow to me. And LFL is another example of that. She's a creative writer, she obviously has it in her. 

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Her Paradise tour had some of her best looks and vocals  :hooker: All of her other tours had good vocals and looks but the Paradise tour just had the most. Also, she played tons of Paradise songs on that tour! Every song on the record was performed at least a few times, besides Bel Air--which was never played  :crossed:

Honestly, I'm just listening to Paradise, and sometimes I feel like that was her best era. Maybe it's because of the attachment to the album and the era or something, but I LOVE it.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Coachella might actually be the new "THE" song of Lana's in the way YAYO and her Once upon a dream is.

People don't for some reason see how great it is, a perfect story/stream of conscious, all in a day song.

It's a really great song, and more it is an important song that stands alone like the other two mentioned

(especially if someone asks you to name 3 songs they could listen to, to get what Lana is, this would be the 3rd)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Coachella might actually be the new "THE" song of Lana's in the way YAYO and her Once upon a dream is.

People don't for some reason see how great it is, a perfect story/stream of conscious, all in a day song.

It's a really great song, and more it is an important song that stands alone like the other two mentioned

(especially if someone asks you to name 3 songs they could listen to, to get what Lana is, this would be the 3rd)

I really like the track but srsly ...

The lyrics are a grown up, rich, priviledged woman throwing around some tumblr-level wannabe-hippie quotes but then decides that she actually doesn't want to do anything actively in order to archieve those goals.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It's an unpopular opinion that turns to be populal lol

I hated summertime sadness for a long time maybe cause I thought it was mainstream and cheesy but it's truly amazing

Once upon a dream is excellent song. It's dark, sinister and dreamy. I love it.

Coachella might actually be the new "THE" song of Lana's in the way YAYO and her Once upon a dream is.

(especially if someone asks you to name 3 songs they could listen to, to get what Lana is, this would be the 3r

It's an unpopular opinion that turns to be populal lol
I hated summertime sadness for a long time maybe cause I thought it was mainstream and cheesy but it's truly amazing

SS is my favorite Lana song (and the video too). Idk why a lot of people hate it, but I think it's a masterpiece and one of her best songs. Lana herself said that it was her's favorite song in the BTD. I love the melancholy and nostalgic feeling it gives you. True summer vibes

The rehearsal of Cherry at the Weenie Roast sounded better than the actual performance.

Definitely! I've not listened to it since we got it because I want to save myself for the studio version

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

The rehearsal of Cherry at the Weenie Roast sounded better than the actual performance.

Yes and in the last refrain she sang one octave higher in the rehearsal

I'm soo sick of her playing Cola at concerts. If she's gonna do Paradise songs she should do Gods & Monsters tbh. Cola is boring now  :crossed:

ALSO, SUPER UNPOPULAR OPINION BUT she really needs to stop closing with OTTR. In theory it's the perfect closer song........ but she really butchers it. The good sis can barely get half of the words out! She should end with National Anthem again, especially with this new political theme she's got going  :flutter: