National Anthem

Favourite Lana Songs

Daytona Meth

Daytona Meth completely pile-drived Hundred Dollar Bill out of the way for my #1 favorite when it leaked. 

I have seriously never heard such an amazing song in terms of lyrics, melody, hypnotic vocals... and the fact that it's a gritty laptop demo makes it even more appealing, tbh. The way that buzzing noise starts the song off, that godly drum beat.. The way she goes "ooh ooh ooh" and just spb.gif and then the LYRICS. 

It's like a Hollywood movie

The black & white waves sparkling truly

My man likes to watch me while I watch TV

While he's t-t-touchin' me

I was immediately in love. I still am. For me, her music doesn't get any better than this. I don't think she will ever top this song and that's perfectly ok. 

The way her voice layers and soars when she says "we're forever young in paradise" literally gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it. 

Baby, you know mama never had much money

But I plan on using this face to pay, honey

Gimme gimme gimme gimme, you're so funny

Love you 'til I die

spb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gif

this 100%  :legend:

EQFO7rX.png

Guest Dot

Okay I'll try:

Born to Die:

WITHOUT YOU - This song is so heartbreaking and touching. I really start to cry sometimes while listening to it, because it's so touching and special to me.

SUMMERTIME SADNESS - The first Lana song I fell in love with...Kinda overplayed but it deserves all the attention it gets (eventhough that horrible remix is more popular than the original)

NATIONAL ANTHEM - The second song I fell in love with. The video is absolutely amazing and Lana's best video imo. The song itself is great as well!

BLUE JEANS - Ugh. This song is just incredible. The melody, the production everything just works so well together.

RADIO - see "Radio - Appreaciation Thread"

Paradise:

COLA - In my opinion Lana's best song and an obvious single choice. I get why people hate on it recently (probably my fault) but they can't deny it's one of Lana's most original and daring song. Great vocals great production and very catchy overall.

BEL AIR - such a lovely and innocent song. I feel like I'm in Paradise while listening to it.

LDR aka. LG:

FOR K, PART 2 - Great song! It's kind of a pre-mature Blue Jeans. Very sensual and somehow rebellious imo.

PAWN SHOP BLUES - Ugh. Such a beautiful and honest song. Great lyrics.

PUT ME IN A MOVIE - This song is iconic! I think it was the first song off AKA I really loved!

JUMP - This actually kicked Yayo off the fourth spot recently. I really came to appreaciate this song a lot.

Sirens:

JUNKY PRIDE - I'm not a big fan of Sirens but this song is really gorgeous. The chorus is so cute and kind of sad as well.

DRIVE BY - This song is the first song of Sirens I liked, and I still think it's one of the best of that album.

Unreleased:

Not gonna go into detail with these, but I really love Femme Fatale Lana (DICWB, Dangerous Girl)

TV IN BLACK & WHITE

DRIVING IN CARS WITH BOYS

DANGEROUS GIRL

BACKFIRE

HOLLYWOOD

OOH BABY

JFK

PROM SONG

LIVE OR DIE

SERIAL KILLER

EVERY MAN GETS HIS WISH/HAWAIIAN TROPIC

LAST GIRL ON EARTH

JEALOUS GIRL

PARADISE

Ultraviolence:

BROOKLYN BABY - How fucking beautiful is this song?! Laidback and chill but so uplifting at the same time. The lyrics are great and the production is incredible! Love the acoustic guitar during the verses and as soon as the chorus kicks in with those muffled drums I'm in trance. Lovely melody and just...fucking amazing. It doesn't get any better than that.

FLORIDA KILOS - This song was quite a shock for me. I didn't expect something like this at all but I'm more than pleased. I can actually listen to this song everyday without getting bored. It should've been on the standard edition. Cool lyrics, very Lizzy and nice and kinda poppy production. Me gusta!

BLACK BEAUTY - One of my favourite songs by Lana has gotten even better with it's new production. It's exactly how I imagined the UV version to sound like. Definitely one of her best songs and everyone who says it shouldn't have been included on UV needs to get banned immediately!

OLD MONEY - Oh. My. GOD! This song...who would've ever expected this to be a finalized version of Methamphetamines? The chorus is giving me strong Bel Air vibes but this song is more glamorous and mature in my opinion. One of her best songs lyrically and Dan H. really delivered with the minimalistic production. It just works because you get to focus solely on the beauty of the lyrics and her vocals. This song is close to perfection. The reason why this song isn't in the top 3 is, because I can't listen to it a zillion times in a row.

FLIPSIDE - This song is a real grower and a PERFECT album ender. It wraps up UV perfectly with Cruel World being the first song. I love the distored and subtle guitar strums during the verses which are very reminiscent of Get Drunk, one of my favourite acoustic songs. The chorus, however tops it all for me. The melody and the lyrics that kinda allude to Cruel World...it's perfect. Anyone who hasn't listened to this song so far and thus ranks it as one of the worst should listen to it, immediately!

Born To Die :

Carmen

Amazing lyrics "Darling darling doesn't have a problem, lying to herself cause her liquor's top shelf" and amazing passion in her voice! By far my favorite from Born To Die. This is also the song that made me fall in love with Lana and the video is also very cool! Her best homemade imo!

Born To Die

I also love this song! The instrumental is awesome and especially the strings and all the noise and screams! The lyrics are also amazing! The video is one of my favorites!

Paradise :

Body Electric

I love this song! I think I love the lyrics but I have absolutely no idea what it's about :toofloppy:

Bel Air

This song is my favorite from Paradise! It literally feels like Paradise! The lyrics are beautiful and the production amazing too. I love those bird sounds in the background.

Yayo

This is my favorite version of Yayo even though I love all versions! :party: I love the piano and everything! The lyrics are amazing and they almost feels like a movie!

Lana Del Ray aka Lizzy Grant :

Mermaid Motel

That amazing chorus! :party: :hawt: I love it! I also love LOVE LOVE the lyrics, especially the "god bless..." part!

Queen Of The Gas Station

Amazing cute summer song!

Gramma

This song is so catchy and cute it's just :party: I love it!!!!!

For K part 2

Amazing song! It sounds innocent and rebellious at the same time! And it's just plain amazing!

Sirens :

Bad Disease

This song is so sad and beautiful it literally breaks my heart! When she sings "will no one help me please? Not even you?" I just :(

How Do You Know Me So Well

This song is very beautiful too! My favorite part is "he said baby go to hell, and that was the demise of their love"...

Ultraviolence :

I have 6 favorite songs on UV... :toofloppy:

Money Power Glory

Amazing lyrics, amazing chorus, amazing beats, amazing! Love it! All time favorite song!!!!

Pretty When You Cry

I love the bridge and the high notes in the end. I love it! This song is also so sad...

Flipside

I love the guitar! And the bridge is amazing!!! I literally can't stop listening to it!

Sad Girl

I love the production and the vocals in this song! The lyrics are a little repetitive but the sound of it is so amazing that it doesn't matter.

Is This Happiness

Amazing lyrics and the melody is great too! I love the kinda weird production and the way her voice goes low when she sings "I think you're fucking crazy as the day is long" is jut :hawt:

Old Money

Just the fact that it's a finished version of Methamphetamine makes it a favorite. But seriously the lyrics are so beautiful and is kinda like a more mature version of Bel Air. The minimalistic production is also to die for!!!!!

Unreleased :

Hollywood

I love her vocals and also the summery vibe!!! So beautiful! Definitely deserves to be released!!!

Money Honny

This song is one of the first unreleased i listened to and it's my favorite acoustic!

:party:

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Hm, I guess i have to "divide" this into the different "classes" of songs we have from her.

Leaked Unreleased Stuff: I guess my favourites here are Heavy Hitter, You Can Be The Boss, Kinda Out Of Luck, Hundred Dollar Bill and She's Not Me. That are  quite a lot, but there are, infact, a lot of unreleased songs. I like many of them (I also don't like many of them) but these ones are my favs, as they were also some of the first Lana songs i heard (when VG hit the radio, I started to stan her and digged up the AKA album as well as the LolitaDemo and the unreleased songs above, so they kind of are my nostalgic favs). I really whish she would record an album/EP with some songs in the style of Heavy Hitter and YCBTB.

May Jailer - Sirens: I frankly don't like this album alot, there are some nice lyrics on it, like My Momma or Next To Me, but the only song I really like and listen to casually is "A Star For Nick". I love the lyrics, the concept of the track and the way she sings/plays the guitar.

Lizzy Grant AKA Lana Del Ray Tough one, like I already mentioned I listened to this album even before BtD (I'm a broooklyn hiiiiipsteeer! ) and I like the whole album alot. My all-time-favs are Gramma (it kind of makes me sad and happy at the same time, the lyrics, the instrumental, the overal mood ...) and Mermaid motel (I like how it's so unique and unusual for her in it's style. I like the feeling and .. everything about it).

Born To Die Hard one here, like with AKA I'm gonna have to chose two, and I also can't say that there is one song on this record iI don't like (Radio and Lucky Ones aren't my alll-time favourites, but i still would prefer them over alot of what is played on the radio). Blue Jeans, it's just such a perfect song - the guitar, the concept the chorus, her voice. everything. And National Anthem, this one was a grower but in the end it landed on my top 5. I like the strings, the fireworks, the lyrics, the instrumental in general and this kind-of different way she sings along to the hip-hop beat.

Paradise My favourite "album" so far. I like every song on it, so I'm only gonna pick one fav here, because it stands out the most (and I love all the others too <3). It's Cola. the instrumental, this heavy-string intro, the way she sings (especially the deep notes with the vinyl-feeling during the verse) - and I also like the lyrics. I like this slightly provocating Cola thing, it's funny without ridiculing the song. I like the sugardaddy-topic (especially the "I knwo your wife  and she wouldn't mind" part). And I began to drink Pepsi since that song's out, even though I don't really like it, too sweet for my taste, even for a softdrink.

Ultraviolence Hard to say, because it's not out for so long. Preferences change, some song which I loved at the first listen are now not that-fav anymore becaus eI just listened too much to them and so on. Got to name 3 here: Pretty When I Cry, it's such a beautiful song, but I just have to stop listening to it for a while to feel it#s atmosphere again. After 300001425 listens, it just isn't that strong anymore xD
Brooklyn Baby, it's a wonderful song. Nuff said. And - unexpected - West Coast. it was a huge grower and I didn't liked the rob orton Mix at first. the I loved the Germand Radio Mix. Then the RO Mix started to grew on me, but i didn't liked the album version and so on ... but now, I love all versions of it and even though it's the first single, I'm not tired of listening to it. I love the feeling and atmosphere, i love the verses, the chorus ... everything. I listen to it in the car, while getting ready for a party and when I sunbath with friends. Wouldn't have expected this in the first place, but now it's like that and that's the way it is ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

PIN UP GALORE IS EVERYTHING HOLY IN THIS WORLD TO ME.  :icant:

Body Electric was perfect before Paradise... the studio version is atrocious.  :eek:

Summer of Sam is amazing.  :candy:

PLAYING DANGEROUS IS FLAWLESS.  :thirst:

My favorite is "Young and Beautiful."  Following that is a 3-way tie for 2nd place between "Video Games," "Summertime Sadness," and "Blue Velvet."

You may notice that all of my favorites are off of "Born to Die."  I like several songs from "Ultraviolence" as well, but overall, contrary to a lot of other people, I like "Born to Die" better as an album (I guess because there are more songs on it that I like than on "Ultraviolence").  Well, to be specific, I have the "Paradise Edition" of "Born to Die", which has, among others, "Blue Velvet" as a bonus track.

I also like Lana's version of "Once Upon a Dream" from "Malificent."

Born to Die

Born to Die

Summertime Sadness

National Anthem

Video Games

Paradise

Bel Air

Body Electric

Cola

Ultraviolence

West Coast

Brooklyn Baby

Flipside

Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

Gramma

Yayo

Pawn Shop Blues

Unreleased

Angels Forever

Driving in Cars With Boys

Serial Killer

On Our Way

Other

Young and Beautiful

I guess. Its too hard to pick.  :candy:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Daytona Meth

Daytona Meth completely pile-drived Hundred Dollar Bill out of the way for my #1 favorite when it leaked. 

I have seriously never heard such an amazing song in terms of lyrics, melody, hypnotic vocals... and the fact that it's a gritty laptop demo makes it even more appealing, tbh. The way that buzzing noise starts the song off, that godly drum beat.. The way she goes "ooh ooh ooh" and just spb.gif and then the LYRICS. 

It's like a Hollywood movie

The black & white waves sparkling truly

My man likes to watch me while I watch TV

While he's t-t-touchin' me

I was immediately in love. I still am. For me, her music doesn't get any better than this. I don't think she will ever top this song and that's perfectly ok. 

The way her voice layers and soars when she says "we're forever young in paradise" literally gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it. 

Baby, you know mama never had much money

But I plan on using this face to pay, honey

Gimme gimme gimme gimme, you're so funny

Love you 'til I die

spb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gifspb.gif

I admit that I'm a snob about music quality, so likely my first listen to this song I turned it off immediately and never thought twice about it. But your comment sparked my interest and I'll be danged if this song isn't one of my favorites now too. You are so right, it is so perfect in every way. I wish there was a nicer quality of it but its no less amazing. And now I've gotten motivated to back through all her stuff I never gave a chance to and give it another listen. 

As a side thought "Baby you know mama never had much money, but I plan on using this face to pay honey" basically sums up Lana in two lines imo :fabcat: 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I admit that I'm a snob about music quality, so likely my first listen to this song I turned it off immediately and never thought twice about it. But your comment sparked my interest and I'll be danged if this song isn't one of my favorites now too. You are so right, it is so perfect in every way. I wish there was a nicer quality of it but its no less amazing. And now I've gotten motivated to back through all her stuff I never gave a chance to and give it another listen.

As a side thought "Baby you know mama never had much money, but I plan on using this face to pay honey" basically sums up Lana in two lines imo :fabcat:

Aw. :flutter: Thank you! I'm happy my post changed your mind and you found more music to enjoy. :)

14417469274.gif

For me- Black Beauty, Gods and Monsters, Ride, Is This Happiness, Video Games, This Is What Makes Us Girls, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Pawn Shop Blues, Oh Say Can You See, Velvet Crowbar, I Don't Wanna Go, Never Let Me Go, Get Drunk

Ultraviolence: Florida Kilos, Ultraviolence, Flipside

Paradise: Gods And Monsters, Cola, Bel Air

Born To Die: Off To The Races, National Anthem, Radio

Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant: Queen Of The Gas Station, Mermaid Motel, Put Me In A Movie

Sirens/Unreleased/Other songs: 1949, Hundred Dollar Bill, Trash Magic

Bear in mind, my favourite Lana songs change weekly, and often to suit my mood. ❤

tumblr_mucr6yTNXP1qhhlj2o1_250.png