Sign in to follow this  
TIARNZUS

Introducing DEAR LANA - The Lana Del Rey fanbook

coverLargeSad.png

This has been canceled due to me not being able to attend the concert. I can't attend the concert because Lana's management merged the two concerts on 15th and 16th May, into just 16th May in a different arena. I had already booked flights to attend and i'm not able to change them.

We're planning something else, and more details will be announced soon.

Sorry for anyone who spent time writing their letter, if you would like a copy of your letter back, PM me your name and email address and i will look for it.

:noparty:

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Funny, 'Dear Lana' is exactly how my letter to her starts. The letter I will hopefully be able to give to her.

Sounds like a really sweet idea, might submit something if things don't work out the way I pray to. :flutter:

Funny, 'Dear Lana' is exactly how my letter to her starts. The letter I will hopefully be able to give to her.

Sounds like a really sweet idea, might submit something if things don't work out the way I pray to. :flutter:

I also wrote her a letter I plan on giving her. It started off by "Dear Elizabeth" tho. Too risky?  :assad:

This sounds really cool! I would love to do something :mj:

EQFO7rX.png

It's probably best to start your letter off with "Dear Lana/Lizzy/Elizabeth/Sparkle Rope Jump Queen/Queen of Coney Island/Queen of Saigon/Degenerate Beauty Queen/Queen of The Gas Station/Miss America/Bunny/Gagsta Nancy Sinatra 

:smokes:

In all seriousness this is a great idea! Definitely a must for those that won't be able to see her and give her a letter in person

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

I also wrote her a letter I plan on giving her. It started off by "Dear Elizabeth" tho. Too risky?  :assad:

This sounds really cool! I would love to do something :mj:

Now that was daring.

i wouldn't call her elizabeth or lizzy in the letter, sounds kinda smart-ass-y imo

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It's funny, i was just thinking about this the other day and i had an epiphany of sorts. When i sent her a message with a link to the Money Hunny cover i recorded, i addressed her as Lizzy. I'm not sure why i did that, but i didn't give it much thought. I guess i thought it was cute and personal (why did i feel like i needed to be cute and personal?) Since then, for unrelated reasons, i've been thinking about stuff like identity and different trangender issues, and in thinking about some of these things, i suddenly realized that it was in very poor taste to call her Lizzy because it disregards or overrides her decision. It's almost like taking away a person's agency and putting a decision that is not yours in your hands. It's presumptuous and even condescending. I don't think it's really any different than a situation where someone is, say, born female and wishes to be referred to as "he" and not respecting that decision just because the person wasn't born male. She chose the name Lana Del Rey, so i think that decision ought to be respected. It's not our call to address her by anything else.   

Perhaps some of you will think that i'm overthinking this and taking it too seriously, but i just thought i'd pass along my thoughts on the matter because i think it's worth thinking over. For whatever it's worth, i really regret calling her Lizzy.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Perhaps some of you will think that i'm overthinking this and taking it too seriously, but i just thought i'd pass along my thoughts on the matter because i think it's worth thinking over. For whatever it's worth, i really regret calling her Lizzy.

Yeah, you're overthinking this, Erik.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

It's funny, i was just thinking about this the other day and i had an epiphany of sorts. When i sent her a message with a link to the Money Hunny cover i recorded, i addressed her as Lizzy. I'm not sure why i did that, but i didn't give it much thought. I guess i thought it was cute and personal (why did i feel like i needed to be cute and personal?) Since then, for unrelated reasons, i've been thinking about stuff like identity and different trangender issues, and in thinking about some of these things, i suddenly realized that it was in very poor taste to call her Lizzy because it disregards or overrides her decision. It's almost like taking away a person's agency and putting a decision that is not yours in your hands. It's presumptuous and even condescending. I don't think it's really any different than a situation where someone is, say, born female and wishes to be referred to as "he" and not respecting that decision just because the person wasn't born male. She chose the name Lana Del Rey, so i think that decision ought to be respected. It's not our call to address her by anything else.   

i don't think it's that bad, her friends and family still call her lizzy. i just think it sounds smart-ass-y like "i know about your past and that album you tried to hide"

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Yeah, you're overthinking this, Erik.

An online moniker is very different. Most people don’t use their real name for privacy concerns because the internet is insane.  

An online moniker is very different. Most people don’t use their real name for privacy concerns because the internet is insane.  

Now you're overthinking what was merely a smart remark.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm three seconds away from revealing your real name, evil. Don't fuck with Mo.

4b8ec006af820-army.jpg

(OMG, while googling for a picture to use i just randomly came upon photos of an old co-worker's wedding. WTF is the internet?)

Going to pour my heart and soul into this. Lana will understand, as we are both Cusp of Magic individuals. :flutter: 

Is there a limit to how much we can type?? I don't want to be that girl, but at the same time, I want my letter to stand out because I don't have amazing graphic/drawing skills like others here. I'd also like to submit a song I wrote that is quite a bit influenced by her, would that be too much?? She is life. 

14417469274.gif

Am I the only one who has no idea what to say in these things?  :ohno: I kind of do I guess, but it's either a bit cheesy/creepy or if I don't go in depth it just doesn't feel like I'm saying anything at all. But I really want to be in this! And my main 'talent' is supposed to be writing, ironically.

Can I write down my phone number at the end?  :creep: (I need a creep-checker instead of a spell-checker). I guess it's a bit delusional to think she'd make any use of it though. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif