M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

1 hour ago, comeintomybedroom said:

She doesn't want to release music. Like most of you see her as so disposable. She could drop an amazing album but the you guys will turn around and call her a dumb bitch anyway, so like why would she want to do anything we want

This, tbh. Never will forget that she lost her debut masters + New Bottega and no one is talking about it.

36 minutes ago, glitch diva said:

This, tbh. Never will forget that she lost her debut masters + New Bottega and no one is talking about it.

The deal with prospect park was whack that’s why but she just really wanted to release it or that’s what I like to say at least.

Also did people buy the rights to fantasea as well because she wasn’t happy abt the qurates vinyl press of it.

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

lmao not to bring this up again but who cares about New Bottega when she was sitting on Fantasea II? The released tracks remain between my favourites she's put out, plus where are Chaos & Glory, Icy Pisces, Lorelei and aaaaaallllll the others she teased for years? Now THAT is something I'd be here for.

An album containing Anna Wintour, Playhouse and Treasure Island could NOT be bad but it was never released and it's an absolute SHAME.

I also lowkey was here for Business & Pleasure, songs like Chi Chi, Pyrex Princess or Mamma Mia got my interest for the project, but she instead went for less interesting freestyles so :um3:

then she dropped Fuck Him All Night, New Bottega (or that version she shared via WeTransfer iirc) or that horrid track Salchichón and I couldn't care less.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, sweetener said:

she's back to releasing Business and Pleasure tracks it seems. This is track 1 on the tracklist she shared back ages ago

B&P tracklist!!! : r/azealiabanks

Oh whoa, so I'm all here for it if she drops the rest of these at least as standalone singles (Matryoshka, Come for Me, Dime, Family Affair, Gon Learn, Icy Drip, Ain't Know)

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 10/24/2023 at 1:42 AM, Psychedelic Pussy said:

still have a fan base that isn’t just a dozen toxic alt self-hating gay people lol

Hey now, I'm toxic but I actually l love myself and the mess that I am. :wub:

On 10/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, williamprb said:

Azealia is struggling to find a label to distribute her music streets r sayin

Girl streets been knew for years; water is wet.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:45 PM, comeintomybedroom said:

She could drop an amazing album but the you guys will turn around and call her a dumb bitch anyway, so like why would she want to do anything we want

Honestly I think you're on to something here - AB gives me someone who is very talented and very skilled, but she also gives me someone who cannot let criticism and haters roll on past; she comes off to me as someone who is VERY sensitive, and the outbursts and lashings she dishes out come from a place of frustration and hurt (real or imagined). I could see her looking in the mirror and being like "Why bother. I'm going to put work into it, people aren't going to be happy, they're going to pick at it, they're going to demand shit in the IG/Twitter comments, they're going to drag my artistry, and I'm going to have to stand up here and defend myself and feel attacked, and then when I do that the media and the zeitgeist is going to be all "AB going crazy again!!!", so fuck it; not playing into that cycle."

On 10/24/2023 at 8:08 PM, glitch diva said:

On 10/24/2023 at 8:45 PM, williamprb said:

The deal with prospect park was whack that’s why but she just really wanted to release it or that’s what I like to say at least.

Also did people buy the rights to fantasea as well because she wasn’t happy abt the qurates vinyl press of it.

I believe (and I could be wrong; someone feel free to drop the T and cite the sources) she def doesn't have rights/residuals to physical media pressings of Fantasea or BWET. I've heard the lost masters rights as well for BWET. Like every time people have brought it up on Twitter or IG she's basically said "I get no money from it, so no, fuck off."

And honestly, tying it all together, with what's happened to her/with her in the industry, regardless if it was her own doing or not - looking at her history of label issues, losing (or failing to secure) masters and publishing rights or residuals, troubled collabs, and now with whatever is going on right now on her IG and the text screenshots she's sharing and the crying she's doing...

The industry and her have not had a kind relationship and I can honestly see why she's decided to fuck it and make soap. She must be so exhausted.

13 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I feel bad after hearing her crying on her IG stories, she's seems stressed with the recent Jeff related stuff :(

Girl I listened to it and my heart broke a little. Whatever the circumstances and the T is - in her reality and world, she's been wronged and still actively being wronged and sounds genuinely tired and tortured by it; nobody should have to feel like that.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I mean it’s terrible that she’s struggling but what did she expect with her years of treating people like trash 💀 she’s not even Jlo level where she does this undercover- she blatantly shows the public.

Hopefully this gives her a realisation about the energy and nastiness she puts into the world and will seek treatment for her various traumas instead of lashing out at friends, colleagues 

Banks called the lawyer “a nappy-headed Jew with nothing to do,” a “misinformed racist,” and a “cracker,” and offered to “send [him] some base-level books on, like, African traditional religions.” When the lawyer quoted from her previous obscenity-strewn statements, pronouncing each of the expletives except saying “the N-word” in place of “n----a,” she questioned why he wouldn’t say “n---a” and requested that he please stop with the euphemism: “It’s a little more offensive than just saying the word,” Banks testified. Asked to verify her own cross-complaint, she testified, “All of this is false bullshit.” At one point, Banks was asked for specifics about a life insurance policy. “Do you understand that I am a thespian?” she testified, according to the documents. “I’m a dancer. I’m a singer. These are not—this is not my forte.” Kwatinetz’s lawyer said, “They’re just questions, Ms. Banks.”

The court don’t think she needs to be sectioned after these transcripts? :awk:
The fact that miss @Ferreria is supporting her 

In another portion of the transcript excerpts, Banks directly addressed her personal and financial situation in the summer of 2020, when she first posted about the dispute. “It was in the middle of the George Floyd,” she testified, according to the documents. “Everything was looting and rioting. Jeff Kwatinetz had not given me enough money to do anything. I was ******* starving. My credit score had been ****** up because Jeff had been stealing my money that I needed to be reinvesting in myself. So for a very—for a good year and a half, I was homeless. I was sleeping in my storage space.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/azealia-banks-wins-more-time-to-gather-evidence-in-messy-royalties-dispute-with-ex-label-boss/

this is really sad no matter how you view it.

giphy.gif