Creyk

Which songs would have done well as singles?

I think if she released  Diet Mountain Dew she would become more radio friendly, but then again she would have to change her image

TZk1z.png

Black Beauty probably coming in August??

Edit: I'm aware that Black Beauty is a song off of her next album, but it's only just a simple rumor that it's being released in August? I'm starting to wonder about the album's actual release date too.

How do you even know about Black Beauty?

Yes, the Black Beauty release is a rumor, but it's very probable: when the album was "announced" everybody said that a Q4 release would make sense and is a good time difference, and if you think about it, it really is. Plus, it's totally normal for the lead single to come 1-2 months sooner, and then the album will probably drop in September-October.

Unless Interscope pushes her back that will happen. You know Lana, she is so creative, she can easily create the new songs by then after she finished the tour.

Am I the only one not at all thinking we're going to hear Black Beauty in the summer or that there's even a Q3/Q4 album release in the works at all?

Nothing has been confirmed, I believe. (????)

:creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

This isn't shade towards lana but the most boring songs always do the best because they're more radio friendly and easy listeners. I don't really know why everyone is saying OTTR because although it's my fave from btd, I think it's too long and there's too much to it for a single. Basically it's too good.

I think million dollar man would be a potential and maybe Radio as well.

And from paradise I think American would be a really good single because it's really light but a really good song.

And then not that I would ever dream of it happening but where unreleased songs are considered serial killer, never let me go, oooh baby and hundred dollar bill would probably be good singles Before the btd era.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Yes, the Black Beauty release is a rumor, but it's very probable: when the album was "announced" everybody said that a Q4 release would make sense and is a good time difference, and if you think about it, it really is. Plus, it's totally normal for the lead single to come 1-2 months sooner, and then the album will probably drop in September-October.

Unless Interscope pushes her back that will happen. You know Lana, she is so creative, she can easily create the new songs by then after she finished the tour.

I hope she takes more than a year to release anything new ( maybe another soundtrack song? but that's all)

EotAQlJ.jpg

Can I pick Without You? I've never understood why Without You was a bonus track tbh. It could've had a really cinematic and glamourous video imo. The melody is beautiful and the core message of the song is accessible and easy to connect to. 

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Every time I see this Yayo hate I just sigh and shake my head. Then I remember that Lana likes what she's done to it just as much as I do and I feel better.

It's as simple as 'People like what they like' :teehee: It probably doesn't irk you as much as your posts about people disliking your fave songs make out, but people are going to express what they don't like in here. Be it Yayo, HDB or Lucky Ones :creep:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Off to the Races and Yayo might be her 2 most special songs, but they are both so long.

I'm thinking if they were remixed to be something between 3:20-4:00 in length they could have worked.

And American, obviously.

Can I pick Without You? I've never understood why Without You was a bonus track tbh. It could've had a really cinematic and glamourous video imo. The melody is beautiful and the core message of the song is accessible and easy to connect to. 

Without You really would have done well, the audiences love it too, and there was one live performance which got more than a million views. That's pretty good!

i think an early 2014 release for the album is more realistic. i think she'll finish the paradise tour, maybe release another single and music video during the summer, we'll get black beauty in autumn/winter of this year and then the next album in early 2014 and it would've been 2 years since btd.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I always envisioned a really cool action packed, dangerously sexy lana in an off to the races video.

But that will never happen. :icant:

Young and beautiful made me cry. I hated the video. ajdsnfhseonh. THEY'RE GETTING SO LAZY OMG.

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I think OTTR would have done really, really well. My mom even thinks it's catchy and good (and my mom is not a music person). I also think Without You would have appealed to a lot of people and I think TIWMUG could've been very popular. I don't think Body Electric would have done very well, but it would've been an amazing video. 

I just think the new Yayo is her way of saying how she's NEVER going to go Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant on us. And that makes me sad... 

Interesting thought.. what about Mermaid Motel and Kill Kill though? Remember her saying she wasn't happy with the way they turned out and would like to rework them someday? There's that!

It probably doesn't irk you as much as your posts about people disliking your fave songs make out, but people are going to express what they don't like in here. Be it Yayo, HDB or Lucky Ones :creep:

Lol you're 100% right. I am notorious for seeming to get worked up often when it actually doesn't happen much. I'm just naturally sassy I guess. :hottie: 

14417469274.gif