Creyk

Which songs would have done well as singles?

So, with Young and Beautiful out, and Black Beauty probably coming in August, obviously there will be no more singles from Born To Die/Paradise.

There are plenty of great songs on the album though.

So, in your opinion, which songs would have slayed if they were released, and why?  Or which songs would you have wanted to be singles? (and get a high production music video like BTD,NA)

Discuss tbh.

Black Beauty probably coming in August??

Off to the Races :(

Blue Jeans is a great song too and did very well, but OttR is my favourite Lana song.

I like to think American and Body Electric would have done well, not so sure though...

If Yayo was more like the Lana Del Ray Yayo I'd have wanted that out since it's her iconic song, but I disapprove of the Paradise version....

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

what's up with this black beauty coming out in august thing? 

I think Radio or Lolita 

edit: i've always thought that Kinda Outta Luck would've replaced the garbage that is NA if it made it onto the album, and I've always imagined what an official music video would've been like if it was a single.  :flutter:  I can picture it being her in some underground Jazz bar singing and then we see her meeting some man after her show, then clips of them driving down vegas. We see them stop at a liquor store after, they pick up a few bottles and head out. They drink a few and we see lana and him kissing, saying goodbye. Lana waves cutely, and finally they flash to clips of her putting on makeup infront of the mirror and clips of her singing at the bar again.

edit, edit: should of put this in the lana music video ideas thread  :ohno:

VyIsfwC.jpg

Off to the Races, most definitely. I think that could've gained her so many fans and shown a different side to her. 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

the fashion canada magazine article said that black beauty is rumoured to be released in august

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

OTTR was released as a promotional single but it should have been an actual single tbh.

I feel like This Is What Makes Us Girls could have been a good single.

Radio sounds good isn't radio too friendly.

Diet Mountain Dew (moved from my least fav to one of my favs) would be enough to shut up the people who think she's "depressing".

From Paradise, I'd say Body Electric or Burning Desire should've been singles. Cola sounds good as a single though, but too bad Lana hasn't said anything about it yet.

Million Dollar Man tbh.

Radio if not for the f-bombs. (But without the f-bombs, it wouldn't be Radio :/ ) I love OTTR, but I think it makes people WONDER too much to really catch on.

Serial Killer and Kinda Outta Luck would have made it. (Whichever was released first. Kind of off-putting as a pair though.)

And it really seems like Dum Dum could have been a hit as well, but the reception among the fanbase has been mixed, so I don't know.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Guest Dot

How do you even know about Black Beauty? lol I still hope she releases Cola as the second single and that she makes videos for Bel Air and G&M like she wanted.

:flutter: I love you!

from BTD:

Radio

Without You (to promote the Paradise Edition, instead of Dark Paradise)

Why does everyone think OTTR could've been a good single? :facepalm:

from Paradise:

COLA!!!

American or Gods and Monsters

Bel Air (Promotional single)

I feel like Diet Mountain Dew would have been a great single as it's already a great song as it shows another side of Lana, especially towards those who think she's "depressing". Also, I think that Carmen and Radio would have been good as singles also, especially since Carmen is so haunting and creative and Radio is encouraging for me somehow if not work for the f-bombs, without them it just wouldn't be the same.

Edit: I'm aware that Black Beauty is a song off of her next album, but it's only just a simple rumor that it's being released in August? I'm starting to wonder about the album's actual release date too.

Off to the (fucking) Races is one of her best song. The lyrics, the melody, the voice and that beat! It could have done wonders. But idk, she seems to not really liking it. I know she doesn't like the way TIWMUG ended up. Maybe OTTR, TIWMUG and Diet Mtn Dew don't reflect the music phase she's in right now, too bad girl, too hip hopish maybe.

I would love to have a LDR album made up with songs such as KOL, Serial Killer or Put The Radio On.

up45I.gif

Lolita, Off to the Races.

Other than that I think many of her unreleased tracks would do good. Like Serial Killer, Go Go Dancer and Hit and Run. Mainly because they sound more... commercialized? 

Yayo (not the crappy "refined" version) would do good now that she has established her fanbase and can test our taste more. 

1olt2g.jpg