Sitar

Lorde

It sounds like a more pop version of every Bleachers song. It sounds like a Taylor Swift song done by Lorde & Jack

I thought her songwriting style would've matured, but it doesn't seem like it has, just the topics she writing about. The transition from the verses to the pre-chorus is also really rough/sloppy. The chorus is really good though so thats a plus. 

the piano bit totally doesnt fit the song; it lowkey ruins it for me. also the "im waiting for it" sounds like something from a charli xcx song. pure heroine had such a powerful minimalist sound and this is just too layered. hmm  :um2:

The piano bit is my favorite part of the song haha :xgiggle:

Also Lana really didn't end lorde to me this is so much better and unique I mean I love Lana but love was uninspired and so is bar at least lorde is trying new sounds

new sounds??? this is such a step back for Lorde. anyone could have released this song. it is so dated. 

14417469274.gif

I think everyone is complaining because she didnt made another minimal song about being poor, young and sad.  The song is good imo. If she made the same style over and over, people would be complaining that she's repeating herself. She is doing what she wants to do, it's HER career.

If you don't like it, why you here tho? Just so everyone can notice your amazing power of spreading hate

BTW, whats up with everyone putting Lana vs Lorde? I thought some of you were pro-feminism, putting women against each other is such a nice thing to do, right? Um 

I think everyone is complaining because she didnt made another minimal song about being poor, young and sad. 

I know it's deluded of me to think but yeah, I'm kinda sad about it to be honest. She wouldn't have been 16 forever but songs about being poor, young and sad is exactly what made her music so relatable and so enjoyable to me. 400 Lux will forever be one of my favourite songs ever. But I think I'm particularly underwhelmed by the "minimal" part of your post, I've always considered Lorde pop and Lord(e) knows I love pop Lana but it sounds too fast paced for her voice, I can't appreciate her lyrics enough... She's like an ANTi-Lana for me musically omg, the slower the pop, the better :toofunny:

I think it would have been different if we had another album with the same vibe between all these years of waiting... But now it's too late, I feel like she has moved on and I still feel hungry

ZKcaooE.png

If you don't like it, why you here tho? Just so everyone can notice your amazing power of spreading hate

People saying they're disappointed and don't like the song then saying why isn't hate :rip: .............................