Sitar

Lorde

Oh wow what a let down Green Light was. I couldn't even get through half the track before turning it off. 

Its a damn shame as well. I really enjoyed The Love Club EP/Pure Heroine too. G.L sounds like any other generic track you hear on the radio right now. Definitely not worth the wait tbh

tumblr_m574y11hoE1r317bvo1_500.gif

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

MORE INFO ABOUT THE ALBUM:

- It's a storytelling album (probably thats why its called Melodrama)

- The rest of the album WONT sound like Green Light 3F8xIJl.gif

good. I loved Pure Heroine but Green Light is gross :eek:

Honestly, I'm not really feeling it. Pure Heroine was an AMAZING album and in comparison, this track Green Light is just really underwhelming for me.

I mean, I like it and it's a nice song, but I feel like after three years I was expecting something a bit more. Hopefully I will grow to like this track more than I currently do, but as a first-time listener it sounds jumbled, messy and uninteresting. 

The best songs she's written in my opinion, are the ones that have a lot of emotion and thought put into them.... songs like "Buzzcut Season", "Ribs" and "Team", for example. Unfortunately "Green Light" just completely lacks any sort of emotion for me. 

:( 

Honestly, I'm not really feeling it. Pure Heroine was an AMAZING album and in comparison, this track Green Light is just really underwhelming for me.

I mean, I like it and it's a nice song, but I feel like after three years I was expecting something a bit more. Hopefully I will grow to like this track more than I currently do, but as a first-time listener it sounds jumbled, messy and uninteresting. 

The best songs she's written in my opinion, are the ones that have a lot of emotion and thought put into them.... songs like "Buzzcut Season", "Ribs" and "Team", for example. Unfortunately "Green Light" just completely lacks any sort of emotion for me. 

:(

I actually completely disagree. I think this song is one of the most 'emotional' songs she has created vocally. She just seems so into it - the bits where she's almost screaming and the start bit give me CHILLS because you can just tell she's poured so much emotion into this song 

FzytWEW.png

I hate a "be different for the sake of it" type bitch. Just cause she refuses to string together a sentence that actually makes sense doesn't mean she's an excellent songwriter. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I have high hopes for Lorde, and there are some characteristics in this song that are typical of her. What worries me a little is the dryness of the singing (relative to songs like Team). Maybe it's just that she's singing fast and low register (especially in some verses) and if she sings more slowly and highly on other songs on Melodrama, the vocal juiciness will be stronger. As for the video, there's this tendency for MVs to just show the singer singing in dramatic (or exotic, but not here) locales and to think that's enough for a memorable video. However, since so many do that kind of thing, it just makes for a nondescript video. And speaking of nondescript, after Pure Heroine's cover art concept, I 'm wondering if Melodrama's cover art will be up to the task of that title.

I actually completely disagree. I think this song is one of the most 'emotional' songs she has created vocally. She just seems so into it - the bits where she's almost screaming and the start bit give me CHILLS because you can just tell she's poured so much emotion into this song 

Well each to their own, I suppose. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think it's a good song either way and I will definitely support her when her album comes out but for me I just don't feel any sort of emotional attachment to it like a lot of PH songs, but I'm sure that Melodrama will have a variety of songs so I'm sure there will be others I will like more, especially since her lead single "Royals" was never my absolute fav from PH either.

"Green Light" is cool, just that chorus... Chorus sounds like a different song TBH, and those multiple Lorde voices it's kinda annoying.. Rest of the song is AMAZING 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro