Sitar

Lorde

I don't like her in general but the song as a song is fine and catchy...but  I can't see personality...reminds me of another halsey although lorde is more talented

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

My impression is a FUN song juxtaposed with LA LA Land soundtrack/video with Lorde's voice.

it's catchy though, like the opening number in La La Land was

But one cannot say this is a "lorde" song except for hearing her voice

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

cute song, nothing spectacular

i think i would be a little less let down if the wait wasn't three years. it sounds like a track taylor wrote for 1989 but gave to lorde instead tbh.

everything i wanted to say has basically been said by everyone else. idk ill bop until the album comes, i hope it has more variation

I don't know what y'all are on, but this is fuçkįng amazing. It still has plenty of quirky production elements and lyrical themes that give it a Lorde staple and her voice sounds better than ever here. One of the things about Lorde's music that has always stuck with me the most and made it very unique to her is how nostalgic it all feels, and this is no different in that way. I really feel how she sings "I'll come get my things, but I can't let go." It's such a different breed of break-up song and I relate to it so much. The pouty-mouthed angsty teen era Lorde is no more, but that's okay- she is evolving. Also, I feel like what 90% of you are saying now is very similar to what was said about "Team", the lead single from Pure Heroine. I feel strongly that "Green Light" will be the most radio friendly cut on the record as "Team" was, and I'm positive that deep cuts on Melodrama will be more satisfactory to a lot of you.

Either way, I think "Green Light" is brilliant. I could go on forever. It works perfect as a way to kick off the album campaign because it really leaves you with that feeling of craving more and it will sound amazing in the context of a full album. I really can see it being both an amazing closer or opener if she chooses it to be either. I'm so excited for this new era to come.

H0bDaqU.gif

Also, I feel like what 90% of you are saying now is very similar to what was said about "Team", the lead single from Pure Heroine. I feel strongly that "Green Light" will be the most radio friendly cut on the record as "Team" was, and I'm positive that deep cuts on Melodrama will be more satisfactory to a lot of you.

You're probably right, I mean I like the song well enough but there's a sense of something I don't really know the correct word for? I can't think of a way to describe the way I feel in English, it's not disappointment, maybe just expecting something that I didn't find with this song immediately the way I did with her other songs (including Team tbh)?

But I'm holding back on judging it negatively till I hear it in the context of the album! I read the interview with the artist of the album art she posted where he says the album is about "nighttime attitudes" or something, and that fills me with hope for the album, I like the sound of that!

So yeah, you'll probably be totally correct, and I hope you are, I really wanna love this album like I love Pure Heroine! (I mean I already adore the title Melodrama haha) :P  

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

From the guy that did the album cover:

What did she say she wanted when it came to her own album?

Well, we chatted a lot and I listened to some demos of some early songs, which were really great and exciting and fresh. It’s just a single out so far, so I’m not going to give anything away, but there were some youthful, nighttime attitudes she was really chasing after and really trying to get into the songs. So what she asked me to do was to meet her there and create a kind of colorful teenage restlessness and excitement and energy and potential—to put that into color and put it in my hands. It has this kind of lushness and sensitivity to light and color and touch that I bring to my portraits, so it felt like a collaboration.

Did she pose for you?

Yeah, I shot her in my friend’s apartment. We had a really nice couple of days together just getting the shot. [Laughs.] I work alone, because I don’t like having models or assistants around, so I had to get the perfect photograph in order for me to make the right painting. So we spent a day or two together, just getting the right moment. It was really fun getting to know her.

MEDIABASE - REAL TIME

Alternative    85
Hot AC    127
Rhythmic    6
Top 40    439
Triple A    13  

HPi1uTJ.png

TOTAL: 670

love Green Light

who is this Bfork y'all are talking about?

Literally the queen of alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqF8_UcUQdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjI2J2SQ528

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyM5wow-hUk

i feel a little heartbroken. i loved pure heroine because it was so beautiful and her lyrics really came through. this just feels...so disappointing. lorde has been one of my favorite artists and i feel like i got slapped in the face because i waited 4 years for this. i'm not giving up complete hope until i hear the album. but this song just feels generic, like i've heard it before a hundred times. i don't even have the desire to listen to it a second time :/

its called selling out get with the program

bRlg3Rv.jpg

I think its the single cover

If it is I love it! Aesthetic on point tbh 

And also, thanks for posting that interview! "youthful, nighttime attitudes" I really like the sound of that, definitely got me excited to hear the rest of the album!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg