Sitar

Lorde

Yeah get over it this music is good and the album will have more Pure Heroine esque tracks

Also yes the album is short and it's a joke that it's only 11 songs after 4 years but literally what fan expected any different

FzytWEW.png

OK sure, Grammy winner and critically acclaimed artist Lorde is just a 'fad'. Anyway why are you repeatedly posting on the thread of an artist you don't like?

:gclap:

lABVyGE.png

"Liability" is absolutely that song from her. I kinda relate to it since I often feel like too much for some of my friends; I've not been told this but it sure seems like it sometimes. Without that factoring in I'd probably like "Green Light" better.

te deseo, cariño

I think the song is about her fame and the impact it has had on those close to her. The start of the song seems to be about her boyfriend breaking up with her and then she realizes that she should start focusing on self-love and building up a good relationship with HERSELF, since it's "the only love" that she "hasn't screwed up". She talks about how others might see her being alone in a room dancing by herself and crying as a sad scene but to her, it's about self-love and just being at peace with herself.

To me, the chorus is completely about her fame and how people get to a point where they don't want to know her anymore because being in the public eye and having to continue a relationship with a famous person is now "too much", hence the fact she refers to herself as a "liability" - because she knows that others feel like their privacy is being compromised by having a connection to her.

The second verse is elaborating on this idea, highlighting how people use her for fame but then once they've got what they want out of her (i.e. getting famous themselves perhaps), they abandon her and move on, just like a kid will play with a toy until it is destroyed or doesn't work anymore and there is no immediate use for it anymore. 

I find the ending to be really beautiful and hopeful though. Even though she knows people in the past (possibly her boyfriend as referenced in the first verse) have used her fame for their own advantage and abandoned her when it got too much, she also knows that there is a bright future ahead for her and everyone is going to have no choice but to "watch her". I suppose you could also interpret the ending as sad if you see the sun metaphor as her "disappearing" from the lives of those people who were using her for fame, but I personally prefer the more hopeful one. 

Liability didn't smash my soul like I expected from reading everyone's response first, but we'll see how I take to it in time. I'm just really excited for this album bc Lorde feels so.... naked here. Like before she talked about her feelings but was never this open and vulnerable. It's really cool to see her this way.

H0bDaqU.gif

This song feels like that moment when you get back home after being out and you're all alone and sad and realize that partying is just a way to numb out your feelings :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

I just listened to the song on repeat thinking the same thing on my hour long bus ride in the middle of the rainy night back home last night ........

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.