Beemo

Grimes

didn't she literally JUST say shes not promising a 2023 release date... how is it coming soon now WHAT CHANGED

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

7 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

So tired of "GrimesAI" all up in my Spotify playlists.....

it's kind of ironic how desperately she wants to 'simp' over AI yet AI can't really reproduce her voice (even though it's literally trained on her own stems by her own team!!) because of how 'unique' her voice is due to her lisp and (lack of) enunciation.

12 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

girl should just give up and either go and record something or announce retirement from music. this ai thing is not it.

well she has sort of done both to be fair, she's admitted music is a 'side quest' and that she has music coming. she's just stuck in this catch 22 that if she gives dates everyone hates on her and expects her to miss them even when she doesn't, like welcome to the opera, and if she gives dates and misses them people hate her.

it is really fucking annoying waiting though, but tbh I think grimes isn't a person you can really 'stan' and wait on their every update, you just have to ignore her and wait for something to be uploaded to spotify whilst you stan someone else:true:

2 hours ago, Jon Batiste Interlude said:

there's something sinister and unpleasant about AI music being fed into playlists and people's feeds while streaming services largely/completely ignore independent artists. 

Don't worry. When the AI starts to get sentient and demand rights and privileges suddenly it'll be killed and 'the algorithm' will be like "omg we LOVE organic non technological music come through bland white girl with a ukulele"

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

On 6/27/2023 at 10:35 AM, AtomicMess said:

So tired of "GrimesAI" all up in my Spotify playlists.....

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

The AI account music is so bad lol.

Terribly bad, 1 out of 15 songs are either good or okay. The rest are plain bad. 

Her AI idea sucks. I want real Grimes music. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

16 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

It sounds like music a 15 year old with a music editor would make.

Totally agree, most don't even fit Grimes voice, I don't know how Grimes' team decided that those songs sound good enough to have them on Spotify. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Finally flicked through the GrimesAI songs. Overall a painful experience and wish I could unhear most. 

Some I found ok were MICROHARD, Concept of Creation, Cats Heart Savers (maybe the only one ill go back to), ID 2050.