lola

Taylor Swift

13 minutes ago, FkaTwinks said:

I got bored. Here's this.

oTddhaE.png

this photo should’ve been the cover tbh. I changed my Apple Music to the photo when I first saw it. 

Also I don’t get why she’s doing this whole “no title or artist” name on the covers, if she’s not gonna stick to the theme for her other studio albums? Like the midnights covers make no sense in the context of the post-Lover covers. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 hour ago, Mer said:

this photo should’ve been the cover tbh. I changed my Apple Music to the photo when I first saw it. 

Also I don’t get why she’s doing this whole “no title or artist” name on the covers, if she’s not gonna stick to the theme for her other studio albums? Like the midnights covers make no sense in the context of the post-Lover covers. 

Probably because folklore/evermore were kinda a one-off (or in this case two) away from her standard releases. 

And with the rerecords, it might just be because we already know those albums that we don't need the text proclaiming what it is

🤷

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

This is far superior to the real one. 

Now someone make a red TV one that better matches the original artwork!

IMG-6449.png

this is how I’ve done it in my AM. I think this Red TV photo is closer to the OG. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

This is exactly what Lizzo said.

Lizzo, own what you said! So tired of people walking back what they said as though they didn't say it! Lizzo clearly said, "The most popular person of TODAY . . . ain't even comparable to what Beyonce is doing." Who else could she be talking about? But if there is fallout over what you said, then you lie and say it wasn't referring to Taylor?

Beyonce had to cancel because she couldn't sell tickets. "Production logistics and scheduling issues" is the spin her PR team put out.

It is an issue to me. People think they can dodge accountibility by saying, "you misunderstood"

9 minutes ago, Louise said:

This is exactly what Lizzo said.

Lizzo, own what you said! So tired of people walking back what they said as though they didn't say it! Lizzo clearly said, "The most popular person of TODAY . . . ain't even comparable to what Beyonce is doing." Who else could she be talking about? But if there is fallout over what you said, then you lie and say it wasn't referring to Taylor?

Beyonce had to cancel because she couldn't sell tickets. "Production logistics and scheduling issues" is the spin her PR team put out.

It is an issue to me. People think they can dodge accountibility by saying, "you misunderstood"

Why post this in the Taylor Swoft thread?????????

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Why post this in the Taylor Swoft thread?????????

Oh, it's definitely Taylor. Harry Styles is her friend who had her on stage. Lizzo wouldn't shade Harry Styles.

But how is it Taylor Swift's fault that she's touring and has sold out shows? It's more of the team's or Ticketmaster's fault that Bey's tix weren't sold?

url%5D

Ok, I hope this won't start another 'X copied Y and you won't tell me nothing' but it occurred to me upon listening to Speak Now TV that the title track's (2010) chorus has the exact same chord progression and a similar melody to Lana's Without You (2012), and consequently, Taylor's own Wildest Dreams (2015). 

The chords are: G, D, Am, C. 

I put them to test myself and in my non-expert opinion (not that it matters anyways lol), they all sound very alike. Here's my 36 second rendition of the three songs using those exact chords if you would like to hear it: https://dbree.org/v/1d0250

My verdict is... Those are very common chords and the mentioned vocal melodies kind of follow the chords closely enough for all of them to sound similar to each other. 

16 hours ago, rural legend said:

Ok, I hope this won't start another 'X copied Y and you won't tell me nothing' but it occurred to me upon listening to Speak Now TV that the title track's (2010) chorus has the exact same chord progression and a similar melody to Lana's Without You (2012), and consequently, Taylor's own Wildest Dreams (2015). 

The chords are: G, D, Am, C. 

I put them to test myself and in my non-expert opinion (not that it matters anyways lol), they all sound very alike. Here's my 36 second rendition of the three songs using those exact chords if you would like to hear it: https://dbree.org/v/1d0250

My verdict is... Those are very common chords and the mentioned vocal melodies kind of follow the chords closely enough for all of them to sound similar to each other. 

For me, I think "Without You" and "Wildest Dreams" are a lot more similar. Like if I were to judge it, "Speak Now" is what happens when a song uses a common chord progression but not necessarily being heavily inspired or influenced with a song of a similar structure. Whereas "Wildest Dreams" is what happens when a song is clearly influenced by a previous song (such as "Without You") because even if you discount the similarities in chord progression, Taylor's delivery in the chorus is really similar to Lana's prior. Plus "Wildest Dreams" doesn't really sound like a lot of Taylor's usual output at that point, so the influence is very apparent imo. 

5 hours ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

For me, I think "Without You" and "Wildest Dreams" are a lot more similar. Like if I were to judge it, "Speak Now" is what happens when a song uses a common chord progression but not necessarily being heavily inspired or influenced with a song of a similar structure. Whereas "Wildest Dreams" is what happens when a song is clearly influenced by a previous song (such as "Without You") because even if you discount the similarities in chord progression, Taylor's delivery in the chorus is really similar to Lana's prior. Plus "Wildest Dreams" doesn't really sound like a lot of Taylor's usual output at that point, so the influence is very apparent imo. 

That's a valid point but my main takeaway is that it's likely she would have written the chorus of Wildest Dreams without ever hearing Without You. Would it have sounded the same? Probably not since we know Lana is Taylor's favourite artist so there had to be an influence at that stage. To me the biggest similarities are the synthy, bombastic Instrumentals in both choruses more so than the actual vocal delivery. I'd argue that the verses in Wildest Dreams sound more inspired by Lana's delivery. 

unpoppular opinion: taylor is on the level that she doesnt need to make CGI-tified kind of MVs, her MVs feel like bunch of K-pop standard and they look too corny, I miss when her MVs not looking all over the place with secret code shits, easter eggs shits, I swear Joseph Kahn literally ruin her taste - Style MV was a perfection and here we are... 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I just wanna say that my surprise songs were ivy, call it what u want, and the gracie abrams song :party:

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33