lola

Taylor Swift

17 hours ago, taco truck said:

I don’t see how anyone is gonna look stupid when it seems like no one in this thread is purchasing multiple vinyls lol:delish2: 

if i get a vinyl, it will only be one variant. as for the CDs, i do lowkey plan to collect each one that has a different bonus track(s) on it :um4:

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

I feel like I’m the only one who overall prefers pop Taylor… I know a lot of people are hoping for a folkmore or rock kind of sound for TTPD. But personally I’m hoping for some BIG pop songs lol. I would love some really depressing breakup songs for sure, but the fact that is coming out in April (and that’s when my school year ends and also it’s basically already summer by that time in Arizona lol) makes me want some summer BOPS like Cruel Summer and Getaway Car. A song with production like Kiss it Better by Rihanna or Talking to Yourself by Carly Rae Jepsen with some sassy breakup lyrics would sound amazingggg. Though I don’t really think that’s happening since she’s really going for the depressed sad girl aesthetic lol:crai: probably going to be either something similar to folkmore sound  or midnights mid tempo pop.

nah i want her Marilyn Manson-esque Industrial Metal era :legend:

Spoiler

im not a fan of his anymore and i sure as hell wont be buying anything with his name attached to it but i honestly really need an Industrial Metal song with Taylor's vocals :crai:

63e7bc638f18d.image.jpg?resize=1200,606

really curious about how this (newer) part of the fandom is gonna survive once the re-records are finished. we have not been having to wait through the "drought" of normal album release cycles for like three years now because the re-recordings have always filled in the time gaps. seeing people still expecting rep or debut TV to drop soon when we have a new album coming in april is a little concerning. of course i am guilty of wanting the re-records to finally be over with too, but i am wondering how this is going to translate once taylor doesn't have content to give us when she's writing her next. cannot imagine the fits that will be thrown if she has to disappear for a year or two :aubrey:

violets in your eyes

On 2/26/2024 at 4:15 PM, taco truck said:

I feel like I’m the only one who overall prefers pop Taylor… I know a lot of people are hoping for a folkmore or rock kind of sound for TTPD. But personally I’m hoping for some BIG pop songs lol. I would love some really depressing breakup songs for sure, but the fact that is coming out in April (and that’s when my school year ends and also it’s basically already summer by that time in Arizona lol) makes me want some summer BOPS like Cruel Summer and Getaway Car. A song with production like Kiss it Better by Rihanna or Talking to Yourself by Carly Rae Jepsen with some sassy breakup lyrics would sound amazingggg. Though I don’t really think that’s happening since she’s really going for the depressed sad girl aesthetic lol:crai: probably going to be either something similar to folkmore sound  or midnights mid tempo pop.

I agree, I’m a pop Taylor girlie myself.

I know she definitely seems to be embracing sad girl vibez, but the photoshoot for midnights also gave sad girl vibes and only like 3 songs really fit, so I’m not sure what to expect. That’s kinda why I hate not getting a lead single, I like having at least a taste of what to expect!

I’m also hoping she doesn’t go the folklore route. I’ve seen people say they want an album full of You’re Losing Me, and personally that sounds like a nightmare 

"Don’t forget me"

35 minutes ago, love divine said:

really curious about how this (newer) part of the fandom is gonna survive once the re-records are finished. we have not been having to wait through the "drought" of normal album release cycles for like three years now because the re-recordings have always filled in the time gaps. seeing people still expecting rep or debut TV to drop soon when we have a new album coming in april is a little concerning. of course i am guilty of wanting to re-records to finally be over with too, but i am wondering how this is going to translate once taylor doesn't have content to give us when she's writing her next. cannot imagine the fits that will be thrown if she has to disappear for a year or two :aubrey:

tbh I can see her dropping EPs (5 or 6 songs, vault track style) in between her ‘big’ album releases. 

Until the Taylor hype dies down, I just don’t see her slowing down her release cycles. She’s already said she’s been writing this one for two years, and sources are claiming she’s already written love songs about Travis, so I feel like Miss $wift is gonna do whatever she can to keep getting that money 

"Don’t forget me"

46 minutes ago, love divine said:

really curious about how this (newer) part of the fandom is gonna survive once the re-records are finished. we have not been having to wait through the "drought" of normal album release cycles for like three years now because the re-recordings have always filled in the time gaps. seeing people still expecting rep or debut TV to drop soon when we have a new album coming in april is a little concerning. of course i am guilty of wanting the re-records to finally be over with too, but i am wondering how this is going to translate once taylor doesn't have content to give us when she's writing her next. cannot imagine the fits that will be thrown if she has to disappear for a year or two :aubrey:

ngl i feel like this "mass hysteria" over taylor will begin to fade once one or both of the TV re-records come out and she'll return to her popularity of either 2014 or 2017.

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

I’ve seen people say they want an album full of You’re Losing Me, and personally that sounds like a nightmare 

This is a nightmare for me bc I only play "You're Losing Me" when I am at my most down-bad state humanly possible. I could not listen to Tortured Poets on a regular basis if it's as dark and heavy as "You're Losing Me" - I genuinely think that one is darker than anything on folklore/evermore

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

13 minutes ago, Mer said:

This is a nightmare for me bc I only play "You're Losing Me" when I am at my most down-bad state humanly possible. I could not listen to Tortured Poets on a regular basis if it's as dark and heavy as "You're Losing Me" - I genuinely think that one is darker than anything on folklore/evermore

Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever listened to and fully connected with it :bebe:

I know the bridge, and I like that part, but this song is in the same vein as The Archer, where I have not even a slight desire to listen to it again :thumb2: 

"Don’t forget me"

8 hours ago, The Siren said:

Me with all of evermore :thumb2:

me with both folklore and evermore tbh. I enjoy a handful of songs from both albums (and actually enjoy individual Evermore songs slightly more!) but there are a lot of songs I haven’t gone back to since the album came out 

"Don’t forget me"

Where was this series or movie she was writing with the writer of Succession? Waiting for this more than Poets Department...:sleep:

url%5D

I’ve been feeling that TTPD will be acoustic pop. It makes sense with how she said songwriting was important this album. It also just feels right after the last couple of synth heavy albums (1989TV & Midnights). :troll:

8 minutes ago, Girl With No Face said:

So if she's been writing this for 2 years, does this intertwine with the Midnights sessions?

Midnights sessions ended Dec. 2021 with YLM. She started writing TTPD sometime in 2022. If this is the Joe breakup album, and they were last seen together Oct. 2022, I’m speculating she started writing this summer 2022 when the relationship was at its end and a lot of it was written and recorded after they broke sometime in late 22/early 23. 

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Midnights sessions ended Dec. 2021 with YLM. She started writing TTPD sometime in 2022. If this is the Joe breakup album, and they were last seen together Oct. 2022, I’m speculating she started writing this summer 2022 when the relationship was at its end. 

So is YLM not about Joe? Or maybe she wrote it during one of the downs of their relationship?

2 minutes ago, Aeryx said:

So is YLM not about Joe? Or maybe she wrote it during one of the downs of their relationship?

oh sorry good point - YLM is def about Joe, but for whatever reason their relationship lasted a whole year longer despite that. I guess we’ll find out why in April 

1 hour ago, Aeryx said:

1 hour ago, Mer said:

Midnights sessions ended Dec. 2021 with YLM. She started writing TTPD sometime in 2022. If this is the Joe breakup album, and they were last seen together Oct. 2022, I’m speculating she started writing this summer 2022 when the relationship was at its end and a lot of it was written and recorded after they broke sometime in late 22/early 23. 

There was some speculation earlier in the thread that they broke up before midnights came out and only appeared together in public to keep people from thinking midnights was a breakup album and because I think Joe had something coming out too so the breakup didn't overshadow their projects