lola

Taylor Swift

Spoiler

I wanna snarl and show you just how disturbed this has made me - you wouldn’t last an hour in the asylum where they raised me 😭😭😭

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, Mer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wanna snarl and show you just how disturbed this has made me - you wouldn’t last an hour in the asylum where they raised me 😭😭😭

ppl who wanted dark and disturbed and angry Taylor are getting fed on this album :oop:

Spoiler

I’m honestly not trying to be a hater I feel like I need to say this :toofunny: but I wanna give my honest opinion. I can appreciate why someone would like this, but really nothing is wowing me. Even the songs I’ve said I’ve liked so far, I don’t like them more than any of Taylor’s previous work. It feels like her music just ticks boxes for me at this point. Wordy lyrics Metaphors Curse words  
I really can’t connect to her on this album, probably as a result of my detachment from her personal life. The delivery on almost every song is the exact same. 
I’ll keep my (og) Fearless, Red, 1989 and folkmore CDs close to me but yeah not sure where I stand as a Taylor fan :(

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Just now, Mer said:

ppl who wanted dark and disturbed and angry Taylor are getting fed on this album :oop:

:true:

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

I NEED TO FORGET SO TAKE ME TO FLORIDA

I'VE GOT SOME REGRETS I'LL BURY THEM IN FLORIDA

TELL ME I'M DESPICABLE SAY IT'S UNFORGIVABLE

AT LEAST THE DOLLS ARE BEAUTIFUL

FUCK ME UP FLORIDA 

:oprah4::kris::lange::hype:

Spoiler

I Can Fix Him (Lasso outtake) :angie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I Can Fix Him (Lasso outtake) :angie:

Spoiler

literally

seeing how jack did it made me hopeful for lasso

Spoiler

Who's afraid of little old me

Down Bad

Florida!!!!

I can do it with a broken heart 

I can fix him

new top 5

it changes every play through though

"Don’t forget me"

I’m never shutting up about “Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me?” I’m never shutting up about this song. Top 10 Taylor songs (and not #10)

1 minute ago, Mer said:

I’m never shutting up about “Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me?” I’m never shutting up about this song. Top 10 Taylor songs (and not #10)

and you shouldn't!!

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

I feel like Jack produced the aaron written songs because So Long, London and Clara Bow are the most jack sounding songs I've ever heard and they're both written with* aaron

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

I touch you only for a Fortnight...:smokes5:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

It kind of annoys me that people on pop heads and Twitter are basically saying “this is way better than midnights but it reminds me of midnights in a few ways so I don’t like it” because it’s exactly the thing Taylor said about how female artists are constantly expected to switch up their sound. It seems like it’s distinctly different from Midnights melodically and lyrically. Why is that not enough for people lol. I don’t get why every album from a major artist (specifically female) needs to be a major genre shift for it to be good. What happened to honing your craft and creating a signature sound lol?

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Okay, now that I've finished it...

Spoiler

I think it's a great album! Some tracks really didn't do it for me, but the rest? They were really good! 

What I liked the most about the album, is the nostalgic vibe some songs have... It kind of reminds me of 1989 in that sense. 

Some people complained about the production being too similar to what Jack usually does, but I personally very much loved it! It's very synth-pop with Folklore elements while also being a little experimental sometimes so I was really happy (Folklore is my second favorite album after 1989, so y'all have an idea of my taste) :bebe:

But Daddy I Love Him, Florida!!!, Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?, I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (hello??? :oprah4:) and The Alchemy are definitely the standouts with Loml and The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived being my favorites :oprah: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It kind of annoys me that people on pop heads and Twitter are basically saying “this is way better than midnights but it reminds me of midnights in a few ways so I don’t like it” because it’s exactly the thing Taylor said about how female artists are constantly expected to switch up their sound. It seems like it’s distinctly different from Midnights melodically and lyrically. Why is that not enough for people lol. I don’t get why every album from a major artist (specifically female) needs to be a major genre shift for it to be good. What happened to honing your craft and creating a signature sound lol?

Spoiler

She has a signature sound but in my opinion she is definitely not mastering it. It’s a pretty boring sound, that plays to her weaknesses rather than her strengths. but that’s just my personal feelings  

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Spoiler

The album is so good to me because it combines the summery 80's nostalgia of 1989, the folky ambiance & lyricism of folklore/evermore, the bedroom pop of Midnights, and the sonic variety of Red. It has a bit of everything for everyone. Although I can tell this will be a transition album for her, I'd consider it part of my top three from her catalog (with folklore and RED TV)

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

idk i kinda get it but i don't?? like this sounds like what I thought midnights was gonna be before it came out, because of the "sleepless night" concept and sad girl visuals. Like I think it does remind me of midnights but I don't think that's a bad thing because i like midnights and there are so many songs here that would absolutely not fit on Midnights. IDK I get it but people do too much on Midnights. This is clearly the sound she likes and wants and I think Midnights was like her testing it out and this is her perfecting it

"Don’t forget me"