lola

Taylor Swift

I saw a theory on twitter that Taylor is waiting until 8PM because that’s when Spotify stops tracking, and she’s gonna release the most popular song as a single

"Don’t forget me"

My most unpopular opinion, open at your own risk:

Spoiler

I do not like "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?" at all..:shh2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:
  Hide contents

So did thr albatross actually leak I've seen conflicting info

Spoiler

Honestly I’m not going on a wild goose chase for those. I’ll just wait till they’re probably gonna be everywhere after Friday 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Spoiler

I know this is a wildly unpopular opinion,  but I’ve never loved folklore/evermore like the other fans have, and the subtle reminders to them on this album is PERFECT. It’s like she took my favorite parts of every old album to make this album 

Reputation will never be topped but this is close 

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

My most unpopular opinion, open at your own risk:

Hide contents

I do not like "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?" at all..:shh2:

Spoiler

I like the intro and then it’s so :bebe:

Edit: I hate how she yells the title like bestie why are you yelling at me stop I hate it :bebe:

Spoiler

I can do it with a broken heart is if Mastermind was actually a listenable, good song

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

19 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

A lot of it sounds like Midnights in the way the 1989 vault tracks sound like Midnights. Obvs not the exact same, but Jack's been keeping that same production style which kinda feels worn out at this point.

:bebe: not her teasing this alt girl typewriter record just for it ending being midnights 

and also for giving me Margaret

Spoiler

charlie puth :bebe: 

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:
  Hide contents

you smoked then ate seven bars of chocolate

we declared charlie puth should be a bigger artist :eartha:

the telepathy? omfg we twinnin

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:
  Hide contents

you smoked then ate seven bars of chocolate

we declared charlie puth should be a bigger artist :eartha:

Spoiler

This is like extremely matty coded omg… sorry I know so many people hate him but I love the 1975 and I’m so excited to hear the tea on him :toofunny:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

1. fortnight: really boring sorry. it’s not bad at all, just not a standout. 

2. ttpd: hate the lyrics omg. exact same thoughts as fortnight too with it being boring. i think my problem with these songs might be the talk-singing? that’s her signature style but i need more catchy melodic singing.

3. mbobhft: okkk finally some more melodic singing! that’s what i was talking about. it’s still not a standout, but better than the last 2. i like the lyrics more too. 

4. down bad: ooo i was wondering how she was gonna use the phrase ‘down bad’ – glad it’s not cringe at all. this song was fine *shrugs*. kinda boring, but i still like it better than the first 2 tracks. 

5. so long london: the lyrics are pretty good, very honest and emotional. a bit monotonous though. 

6. bdilh: as with track 3, finally some more melody! i love the chorus omgg it’s more energetic and upbeat. i like this :) ‘growing up precocious sometimes means not growing up at all’ yes ma’am. probably my favorite so far. 

7. fots: beginning instrumental was kinda giving lana vibes. i loveee the way she sings ‘fresh out the slammer’ in the beginning, very moody. i like this song too! the breakdown towards the end reminds me of the transition between american whore and jimmy lol. signature jack i suppose. 

8. florida!!!: ‘my friends all smell like weed or little babies’ girl what. florence sounds beautiful as usual. definitely prefer her part to taylor’s. i honestly don’t like how the chorus is literally ‘FLORIDA!’ for just that one word then it’s calm. i liked the last 1 min 30 sec, it was sooo good why wasn’t the rest of the song like that. 

9. guilty as sin?: well…that was a taylor song. lol it was fine. again not bad just boring, despite the instrumental being a bit upbeat.  

10. waolom?: oh the instrumental slaps. “is it a wonder i broke, let’s hear one more joke” :(((. this was lowkey sadder than the track 5, it sounded like trauma personified, someone who’s only been torn down their whole life. 

11. icfh (nric): this sounds very southern gothic for some reason?? 

12. loml: it was nice. 

13. icdiwabh: this is not good omg. i hate the chorus. hate the lyrics. like yeah she was being goofy but it came off as more bizarre than humorous. 

14. tsmwel: *sleeps*

15: the alchemy: HELLO? i LOVE the way she sung “hey you, what if i told you we’re cool / that child’s play back in school is forgiven under my rule” that was SOOOO GOOD. why did she only sing one line like that. omg that one line felt groovy asf. 

16. clara bow: it was nice. 

faves: 

but daddy i love him 

my boy only breaks his favorite toys 

who’s afraid of little old me?

fresh out the slammer 

overall thoughts:

from my first listen, i’m not too impressed although i like it miles better than midnights. the only song i really hated was ‘i can do it with a broken heart’ – that was atrocious.  

my MAIN complaint is that most of the songs are boring. i don’t know what other word to use. they weren’t unlistenable skips, but it feels like you need to have lyrics propped up in order to enjoy them. the standout tracks were the ones in my ‘faves’ list, and besides those florida!!!, down bad, and i can fix him were fairly good. rest were just okay. not bad, but dull. i liked that the overall sound was quite moody, it did fit the aesthetic of the album covers. my rating would have to be…6.5/10 for now. 

my track-by-track review :liner:  warning quite long 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, clementines said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It’s giving rep x midnights and I love it (however I am not understanding the hype around Down Bad that’s my least fave so far)

I literally just came here to say I really liked this one

:thumb3:

IMG-3521.jpg

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. fortnight: really boring sorry. it’s not bad at all, just not a standout. 

2. ttpd: hate the lyrics omg. exact same thoughts as fortnight too with it being boring. i think my problem with these songs might be the talk-singing? that’s her signature style but i need more catchy melodic singing.

3. mbobhft: okkk finally some more melodic singing! that’s what i was talking about. it’s still not a standout, but better than the last 2. i like the lyrics more too. 

4. down bad: ooo i was wondering how she was gonna use the phrase ‘down bad’ – glad it’s not cringe at all. this song was fine *shrugs*. kinda boring, but i still like it better than the first 2 tracks. 

5. so long london: the lyrics are pretty good, very honest and emotional. a bit monotonous though. 

6. bdilh: as with track 3, finally some more melody! i love the chorus omgg it’s more energetic and upbeat. i like this :) ‘growing up precocious sometimes means not growing up at all’ yes ma’am. probably my favorite so far. 

7. fots: beginning instrumental was kinda giving lana vibes. i loveee the way she sings ‘fresh out the slammer’ in the beginning, very moody. i like this song too! the breakdown towards the end reminds me of the transition between american whore and jimmy lol. signature jack i suppose. 

8. florida!!!: ‘my friends all smell like weed or little babies’ girl what. florence sounds beautiful as usual. definitely prefer her part to taylor’s. i honestly don’t like how the chorus is literally ‘FLORIDA!’ for just that one word then it’s calm. i liked the last 1 min 30 sec, it was sooo good why wasn’t the rest of the song like that. 

9. guilty as sin?: well…that was a taylor song. lol it was fine. again not bad just boring, despite the instrumental being a bit upbeat.  

10. waolom?: oh the instrumental slaps. “is it a wonder i broke, let’s hear one more joke” :(((. this was lowkey sadder than the track 5, it sounded like trauma personified, someone who’s only been torn down their whole life. 

11. icfh (nric): this sounds very southern gothic for some reason?? 

12. loml: it was nice. 

13. icdiwabh: this is not good omg. i hate the chorus. hate the lyrics. like yeah she was being goofy but it came off as more bizarre than humorous. 

14. tsmwel: *sleeps*

15: the alchemy: HELLO? i LOVE the way she sung “hey you, what if i told you we’re cool / that child’s play back in school is forgiven under my rule” that was SOOOO GOOD. why did she only sing one line like that. omg that one line felt groovy asf. 

16. clara bow: it was nice. 

faves: 

but daddy i love him 

my boy only breaks his favorite toys 

who’s afraid of little old me?

fresh out the slammer 

overall thoughts:

from my first listen, i’m not too impressed although i like it miles better than midnights. the only song i really hated was ‘i can do it with a broken heart’ – that was atrocious.  

my MAIN complaint is that most of the songs are boring. i don’t know what other word to use. they weren’t unlistenable skips, but it feels like you need to have lyrics propped up in order to enjoy them. the standout tracks were the ones in my ‘faves’ list, and besides those florida!!!, down bad, and i can fix him were fairly good. rest were just okay. not bad, but dull. i liked that the overall sound was quite moody, it did fit the aesthetic of the album covers. my rating would have to be…6.5/10 for now. 

my track-by-track review :liner:  warning quite long 

Spoiler

I think it’s a grower but I think it’s miles better then standard midnights (even tho midnights is like one of my favs)

5 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you find the leak jump to who’s afraid of little old me. 

oh no, im gonna play it in full chronologically. i did find a link but i think id rather wait for high quality/lossless :rip: