lola

Taylor Swift

For like the first few hours after the release, I felt almost bad for her seeing how many people didn't seem to like her new song and I kind of wondered if she had just fucked up. But now, after seeing her name again and again and again, and the 27+ million views just for the audio, and outselling Shake It Off, I see exactly what she was doing. It doesn't really matter whether people like it or not. What matters is that everyone is talking about it, dissecting it--not just the song, but her career trajectory up until this point, her feuds, what/whom the song is directed towards, what the line about the old Taylor being dead means for her future in music/her persona, the rise and fall of celebrity, her upcoming album and video. And of course she has said almost nothing about any of this, which means all people can do is speculate. 

The song itself is a good bop, but there are some kind of campy elements (she's dead!!) that are intentional. She's giving people what they want, which is to root for her failure and to make fun of her latest offering. So as they keep making fun and posting on social media, all that's doing is giving her that much more publicity, and with that more views/streams/buys. 

More than likely, a lot of this era will be more silent than her normal ones. She won't be all over every TV in America and abroad on every show and magazine. I bet we will see more things like this--where she gives the public just enough to feed off of without ever having to go to an interview and confirm or deny or deflect anything.

She knows exactly what she's doing. 

I suspect Reputation will be somewhat of a concept album. I just have a feeling that the album will tell a complete story, as we don't really know exactly what they made her do. I'm getting Marina teas, tbh. 

Also, the song is awesome. 

i really had hopes for a 1989: Side B ...

(although i do really like what she's doing with reputation, claiming her title as queen of the snakes and all that)

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

oh my god so i've been thinking that LWYMMD sounds familiar and I REMEMBER FROM WHERE.

it sounds just like Brite Lites to me, especially the bridge where she says " the film is fading look at me look at me, gimme the brite lites "

Taylor can definitely write a hook and even good songs. She's just still in a "Dear Diary" vibe... Which is ok per se, I know a lot of teenage girls and Constantine identified to her first albums precisely because of those heartfelt and honest lyrics. And I must say that "You Belong With Me" is still so beautiful.

It's just that if she wants to be edgy, she'll need better writers.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Taylor can definitely write a hook and even good songs. She's just still in a "Dear Diary" vibe... Which is ok per se, I know a lot of teenage girls and Constantine identified to her first albums precisely because of those heartfelt and honest lyrics. And I must say that "You Belong With Me" is still so beautiful.

It's just that if she wants to be edgy, she'll need better writers.

huh? you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You stan mariah who writes her lyrics by lifting adjectives from a thesaurus so it's understandable

:eartha:

Imagine being this delusional

? she's a much more gifted musician than Madonna(and has better albums also)

Tay Tay for president tbh

I can't wait for her 2 drop an album n have 3 songs be vague disses towards

A. A european country of choice that backed out of a deal w us

B. Russia, n calling their heart cold

n

C. N. Korea for being all bark & no bite hating fiends

:hooker: