StationToStation

FKA twigs

Sad day reignited my flame of excitement for this album. It dwindled a bit but I’m getting serious Kate Bush vibezzz from that snippet.

it's a really good song. easily one of my favourites of her.

:defeated:

I wonder what's the meaning behind HWY video. Like, the missing eye, belly button eye, girl in the well, etc.

I think the child she saves from the well is her inner child. The eyes on the belly is most definilty linked to the stitches she had during her operation 

“When I was on set with Spike, the stitches in my bellybutton were splitting open. I told him: ‘Just so you know, if I start bleeding through this white shirt …’ I basically couldn’t lift my arms up, because all your organs stick together and you can’t stretch your stomach.”

https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/fka-twigs-surgical-stitches-opened-filming-apple-commercial.html

Her illness was central to the album's making process. My guess is that trough that very challenging experience, she went deep into herself, found her inner child and and found vision again (the eye on the belly feels like another third eye. The missing eye is the vision she lost before that).

I couldn't be more exited for the album. Can't wait to see the show again, I saw it at a festival and it was mind blowing.

the album sounds awesome

I have a feeling thousand eyes is going to really go off. I'm most excited for fallen alien and thousand eyes because those are the only tracks we haven't heard in full yet. glad fallen alien sounds like it's gonna really go off, it's a nice break from the more midtempo tracks!

the album sounds awesome

I have a feeling thousand eyes is going to really go off. I'm most excited for fallen alien and thousand eyes because those are the only tracks we haven't heard in full yet. glad fallen alien sounds like it's gonna really go off, it's a nice break from the more midtempo tracks!

‘thousand eyes’ is cute, ‘fallen alien’ goes aaaaawf like hell, it’s incredible.

ight you're just being all ~mysterious~ and your posts infer you've heard the album

they’re not really mysterious when i’m telling you what tracks are like, but yes, i have the album. Amazon Music accidentally make it live yesterday with the original release date but it’s down now but i still have it saved.

they’re not really mysterious when i’m telling you what tracks are like, but yes, i have the album. Amazon Music accidentally make it live yesterday with the original release date but it’s down now but i still have it saved.

I meant mysterious in that you never said you had the album! well if you're not lying I hope you enjoy it! any other thoughts on the record? how's Mary Magdalene?

I meant mysterious in that you never said you had the album! well if you're not lying I hope you enjoy it! any other thoughts on the record? how's Mary Magdalene?

Mary Magdalene is one of my favourites - she really did THAT. Sad Day is one of her best songs period.