StationToStation

FKA twigs

After digesting the album for most of the day, here is my ranking ;

Cellophane 

(Remains one one of the best songs released this year. Utterly disemboweling)

Fallen Alien 

(What the FUCKKKK????? Easily one of twigs' best songs. The sheer rage expressed is CONTAGIOUS 10/10!!!!!!)

Home With You 

(Never understood anybody's qualms with it. It's perfect. Sounds exactly like a baroque painting brought to life)

Mirrored Heart

(BEAUTIFUL, I don't know what else to say. This one is perhaps the most cinematic one for me)

Mary Magdalene

(Perfectly encompasses the aesthetic and theme of this era. It's a little oddly placed but all of the songs are, STUNNING production, STUNNING lyrical content, I made myself stop listening to the live version because I knew this would slap so hard I wanted it to be fresh. Eyyyyeeee FEEEEVERRR FOR THE FYYYRE)

Daybed 

(I don't know how it's possible, but the atmosphere of this song is so humid. The amount of moisture it psychologically conveys is intense. I want to surrender my body to my bed in the sunlight, AND it has adlibs that remind me heavily of LP1. We really came full circle :,) )

Sad Day

(It's cute, The hook is so catchy, the production is quite dancey and appropriate. Although it's a good song, it's not as good as it's contenders)

Thousand Eyes

(I LOVE that this song is longer than the live version, but I hate that it is missing many aspects of the live version. I really have to be in a certain mood for this song. The same way I'd have to be in a certain mood to listen to Preface from LP1)

Holy Terrain 

(No explanation needed, a pure filler. I would've killed to have any of the other teased tracks instead of this. Even arca couldn't save it)

Overall album rating - 9/10

I would've rated it a 10/10, with this record proving to us that twigs has no intention of remaining in a box. Always evolving and constantly conveying her art in innovative and captivating ways. The gut-wrenching highs of this album mixed with the tear-jerking lows, operatic choruses, and semi sci-fi baroque production really add to the homely feeling of it. Twigs is the voice leading us through the flood like moses. While I don't agree with the track order, and the inclusion of Holy Puke-aine, I have to accept this project for what it is. A timeless representation of a woman's struggle with acceptance and compliance. Bravo twigs, only standing ovations from this side! I will always eat up anything this bitch brings to the table 

I'm so glad I missed out on listening to the live versions cause this album is perfection! I have no issues with it except Holy Terrain is a useless bop

Mary Magdalene, Fallen Alien, and Sad Day are my top 3, but really the whole thing is beautiful. The only “weak” link is Holy Terrain, and I don’t even dislike it. Just surrounded by everything else it almost sounds too plain. It was clearly the attempt at some sort of mainstream moment but I don’t think the album needed it.

This song is like Pendulum / Water Me part 3!!!!!

I’m suddenly very excited to listen :defeated:

I can’t imagine this album being better than LP1 , I mean the cover art is just so ugly. & Holy Terrain was more boring than Two Weeks. I’m sure this will be a great album tho.. wish there were 10 songs like LP1

14417469274.gif

I can't stop listening to it, Mirrored heart might be one of my favorite songs from her it might even beat Cellophane as her best ballad, her power :defeated: This album my God :air:

8nl2OpX.png

I’m suddenly very excited to listen :defeated:

I can’t imagine this album being better than LP1 , I mean the cover art is just so ugly. & Holy Terrain was more boring than Two Weeks. I’m sure this will be a great album tho.. wish there were 10 songs like LP1

I wasn’t that stoked after the first 3 songs (cellophane is great and home with you is good but didn’t click for me until recently) but honestly she saved all the best stuff for the album. I love it and I wasn’t even that excited for it.