StationToStation

FKA twigs

So home with you is set to be 3:44 per iTunes however the performances have always been pushing six minutes. I wonder what will be cut out, probably the huge ending with the string section? 

Well the live version is a lot more slow paced, also there's this whole minute of talking at the beginning which she may cut and just go straight into the pre chorus for the studio version, and i hope she doesn't cut the strings

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Well the live version is a lot more slow paced, also there's this whole minute of talking at the beginning which she may cut and just go straight into the pre chorus for the studio version, and i hope she doesn't cut the strings

it's not talking it's singing haha. also why would she keep the last two minutes of strings and cut out more of the *singing*? why would she have a song that's mostly instrumental?

also how do you know the live version is "more slow paced" ?

it's not talking it's singing haha. also why would she keep the last two minutes of strings and cut out more of the *singing*? why would she have a song that's mostly instrumental?

also how do you know the live version is "more slow paced" ?

I mean whatever it is, it goes on a little too long for a 3 and a half minute song so it could easily be cut. And maybe not the full instrumental, she could use a bit of it though. And i dont im just speculating, but usually live versions of songs drag out a little longer than studio versions

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Has anyone heard live versions of MAGDALENE? I wasn't watching performances, so I don't really know what to expect. But tell me this, can I (we) expect some classic FKA songs that actually make you wanna dance weird or are songs basically ballads/chill songs?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Has anyone heard live versions of MAGDALENE? I wasn't watching performances, so I don't really know what to expect. But tell me this, can I (we) expect some classic FKA songs that actually make you wanna dance weird or are songs basically ballads/chill songs?

holy terrain and sad day are the most trip-hop type songs akin to LP1. the rest are ballads that end up exploding with sound towards the end of the song. mary magdalene is kind of a mix mix of the two styles and thousand eyes sounds pretty insane but it was only used as an interlude in the show (it starts choral like Preface from LP1 then explodes with drums and percussion and distorted sounds). only song we haven't heard anything from is fallen alien! hope this helps 

holy terrain and sad day are the most trip-hop type songs akin to LP1. the rest are ballads that end up exploding with sound towards the end of the song. mary magdalene is kind of a mix mix of the two styles and thousand eyes sounds pretty insane but it was only used as an interlude in the show (it starts choral like Preface from LP1 then explodes with drums and percussion and distorted sounds). only song we haven't heard anything from is fallen alien! hope this helps 

Awesome, thanks! Now I'm not as excited about the album as I used to, cause I thought there was hope. :noparty: IDK, I'm happy for her and finally new music is here, but it's definitely NOT what I've expected from FKA. Guess she's about to reach mainstream audience with this one.

Also, Fallen Alien sounds exciting, but I suppose it'll be another ballad. Oh well, nothing I can do about it, still gonna support and love her.

BTW, Thousand Eyes is 5 mins long and it's definitely more than interlude, hopefully it'll stay insane, like you said, and not transformed into piano ballad. :P

Again, thanks for info, I really didn't wanna listen the live versions. :kiss:

~~~~

I wonder what's the meaning behind HWY video. Like, the missing eye, belly button eye, girl in the well, etc.

Awesome, thanks! Now I'm not as excited about the album as I used to, cause I thought there was hope. :noparty: IDK, I'm happy for her and finally new music is here, but it's definitely NOT what I've expected from FKA. Guess she's about to reach mainstream audience with this one.

Also, Fallen Alien sounds exciting, but I suppose it'll be another ballad. Oh well, nothing I can do about it, still gonna support and love her.

Again, thanks for info, I really didn't wanna listen the live versions. :kiss:

you're welcome!!!

however, I think MAGDALENE is waaaay less mainstream than LP1. Trip-hop is far more accessible and radio friendly than these baroque-pop distorted ballads, with the exception of holy terrain of course. home with you is def not for a mainstream audience and cellophane isn't really either imo! 

I actually wonder how critics will react to this record. cellophane was #25 on Pitchfork's 200 best songs of this decade. I have a feeling she'll get a lot of positive reviews on this one but I don't know if they'll be as good as LP1's reviews (i.e. she got an 8.8 on Pitchfork)

you're welcome!!!

however, I think MAGDALENE is waaaay less mainstream than LP1. Trip-hop is far more accessible and radio friendly than these baroque-pop distorted ballads, with the exception of holy terrain of course. home with you is def not for a mainstream audience and cellophane isn't really either imo! 

I actually wonder how critics will react to this record. cellophane was #25 on Pitchfork's 200 best songs of this decade. I have a feeling she'll get a lot of positive reviews on this one but I don't know if they'll be as good as LP1's reviews (i.e. she got an 8.8 on Pitchfork)

You could be right, though. I won't judge until I hear the whole thing for at least two times.

Way to go Cellophane for being #25 of this DECADE. I mean, the song came out recently and it's already up there. But as far as I'm concerned I don't care about reviews and charts (IDK if that's the same thing), just as long as she (or any other artist) is happy with their work.

I'm about to fall asleep, so goodnight. See you around. :rollin:

Oh and... Someone leak the Radiant Me² songs. :crai: