Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

Can we talk about how this bit...

“Been through some bad shit

I should be a sad bitch

Who woulda thought it’d turn me to a savage”

... almost singlehandedly turned the positive message of "thank u, next" into complete exploitation? Like, as a friend of mine said, she's basically turned this kind of "tragedy" into her brand, but isn't showing any kind of poignancy or gentility to any of it. That may be a bit subjective, but I don't know. This really, really rubs me the wrong way and is adding onto all the more reasons I'm realizing that this song really misses for me, and why Ariana is just dwindling with me as an artist I want to even listen to (as much as "no tears" will always be one of the best pop songs of this decade.)

I like Thank U, Next and Imagine but this song is BAD. The lyrics are shit, and the production is mediocre at best

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

i think this shit bangs ... yall love generic trap music when allie x uses it  yet yall castrating this song? gag. she made this song basic on purpose. if Britney spears made this song yall would be cumming 

i think this shit bangs ... yall love generic trap music when allie x uses it  yet yall castrating this song? gag. she made this song basic on purpose. if Britney spears made this song yall would be cumming 

lol - purpose doesn't always equate good.

I'm sure I intended to take a shit this morning. It was still a shit. 

Can we talk about how this bit...

... almost singlehandedly turned the positive message of "thank u, next" into complete exploitation? Like, as a friend of mine said, she's basically turned this kind of "tragedy" into her brand, but isn't showing any kind of poignancy or gentility to any of it. That may be a bit subjective, but I don't know. This really, really rubs me the wrong way and is adding onto all the more reasons I'm realizing that this song really misses for me, and why Ariana is just dwindling with me as an artist I want to even listen to (as much as "no tears" will always be one of the best pop songs of this decade.)

HOW is this exploitive in the slightest. She’s literally saying “I’ve been through some dark times but I ain’t gonna be sad”. Just cause she’s ain’t sat here writing some epic “woe is me boo boo” song. Dumb dumb

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

ok nvm I love the song ugh I hate her I swear every time she releases a single I hate it and then it grows on me it was the same with ntltc, tlic, giaw, tyn, imagine like its just a routine now at this point