cartoon eyes

LEAST Favorite Lana Songs?

Ok, I'll vent out here what I'm trying not to talk about too much because.... why negativity  :flutter:

I'm just gonna talk released tracks though. Here we go:

Carmen
Dafuk with this snorefest? I'm still trying to get into it after ALL THESE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YEARS and it's still the same to me. Her vocals sound like she's gonna fall asleep and super pretentious. I wanna slap her when I hear it.

This Is What Makes Us Girls

Tim Larcombe's unreleased version is amazing and so the one known as version 1. The released one is overproduced similar to National Anthem. They should have sticked with the earlier production versions. Her vocals are too baby voice and have too many layers for my taste.

National Anthem

What an amazing song! If there wouldn't be those horribly annoying layers of Lana's baby voice/kid choir vocals during the chorus. Makes my ears bleed. The unreleased versions that leaked are far better and more interesting.

Guns And Roses

She should be sued for that chorus. The fact that she couldn't come up with anything better lyric wise plus the fucking melody and harmonies. Thank god it has good verses.

Art Deco

Also a song that is actually amazing but if it wouldn't be for the amazing production and mixing it would surely feel like a filler. 

For sure nice when performed live but I usually skip it. While the whole album is very slow and smooth, this is just a bit too much. Nothing exciting or fresh happens, nor in the melody or instrumental. 

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

The instrumental is horrible. Crazy that the label approved it.

Summer Bummer

I don't know if I simply overlistened it or if it just gets old too quickly, but the vocal production, especially because of the autotune effect, is annoying me by now.

Heroin

Very good song but it always puts me in a bad mood. I guess the darkness of the song really drains you in.

Carmen

Dafuk with this snorefest? I'm still trying to get into it after ALL THESE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YEARS and it's still the same to me. Her vocals sound like she's gonna fall asleep and super pretentious. I wanna slap her when I hear it.

This Is What Makes Us Girls

Tim Larcombe's unreleased version is amazing and so the one known as version 1. The released one is overproduced similar to National Anthem. They should have sticked with the earlier production versions. Her vocals are too baby voice and have too many layers for my taste.

National Anthem

What an amazing song! If there wouldn't be those horribly annoying layers of Lana's baby voice/kid choir vocals during the chorus. Makes my ears bleed. The unreleased versions that leaked are far better and more interesting.

Guns And Roses

She should be sued for that chorus. The fact that she couldn't come up with anything better lyric wise plus the fucking melody and harmonies. Thank god it has good verses.

YES! spill that tea! National Anthem and Carmen are ugly songs and always will be

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Betty Boop Boop

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

i've commented on this before probably but i wanna again

released:

- bpbp

- dark paradise (released)

- put me in a movie

- lolita (released)

- mermaid motel (released)

- million dollar man

unreleased:

- betty boop boop

- moi je joue

- serial killer

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Lolita. Never understood the hype around that one. All the songs that I used to dislike from BTD (Diet Mtn. Dew, Million Dollar Man, Lucky Ones) all grew on me overtime and I adore them now. I LOVE every song on the album except for Lolita which I just find annoying tbh. Sorry  :(

*side note - I much prefer the demo of TIWMUG than the album version but I still love the song so w/e

TjmiIK4.png

PERFORMED LIVE?

I wrote when performed live. Meaning if she would do it...

Lolita. Never understood the hype around that one. All the songs that I used to dislike from BTD (Diet Mtn. Dew, Million Dollar Man, Lucky Ones) all grew on me overtime and I adore them now. I LOVE every song on the album except for Lolita which I just find annoying tbh. Sorry  :(

*side note - I much prefer the demo of TIWMUG than the album version but I still love the song so w/e

I get it. I didn't like it so much either and I think the album version is pretty annoying, but it sounded fucking amazing live with the band.

I just realized High by the Beach is my absolute least favorite album single (so not counting songs written for movies and the like).

God, it's awful. The music video is badass but the song does nothing for me. Not to mention I don't exactly relate to the drug theme in Lana's music and the song does not sound good enough for me to overlook it.

Agree. The song is overrated as fuck and has the laziest Nabokov reference ever.

i am nothing and should be everything

I just realized High by the Beach is my absolute least favorite album single (so not counting songs written for movies and the like).

God, it's awful. The music video is badass but the song does nothing for me. Not to mention I don't exactly relate to the drug theme in Lana's music and the song does not sound good enough for me to overlook it.

SHOCKED AND SHOOK  :defeated:

It's probably one of my top 5 or maybe even top 3 Lana songs. Crazy how different tastes are.

This thread makes me nauseous

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

The Lana songs I don't connect with are the ones I like the least, like Carmen or even Art Deco. Both are superbly executed, but I don't have anything to relate with in my life (I am passed the 17-20 year-old girl that seeks attention). Art Deco has such cool metaphors though and I love the music, but I can't picture anyone around me who is like the girl in the song.

​I am not a big fan of many of the unreleased ones before BTD: I don't feel the "Lana persona" that much in those and she was writing from the perspective of a younger woman. To me, it's not that far from the slutty teenage bopers that sing on the radio, and I am way over that phase of my life (plus I love that Lana doesn't sound like anything else on the radio, contrary to many of her unreleased stuff).