Wryta Thinkpiece

HAIM

Okay so I listened to the album and the moment You Never Knew played, I was like "...This is blood orange"

I just checked online, and indeed it was produced by him! I love it. This guy's magic when it comes to other people's music.

The album is really, really good. A little bit too homogenic for my taste, but it has a couple of highlights.

I really like it.

I've only listened to the album all the way through once, but its really good!!! Idk if it has as many standouts as Days Are Gone, but it seems to be much more consistent than Days Are Gone. You Never Knew is SO good and I actually really love the Japan bonus track.

H0bDaqU.gif

i've been obsessed with them afte watching their coachella set. tbh i mistreated STTY, i didn't like it so much when it first released but now i really like it. also i realised i haven't listened to their debut THAT much so i feel like i just discovered them lmaooo they're amazing. I WISH I COULD SEE THEM LIVE

So are we excited for WIMPIII?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

So are we excited for WIMPIII?

absolutely. every song has been excellent so far. and the steps is soooooo good i haven’t been obsessed with a haim song like this in a while so i’m gonna stan on this one

the way the new single sounds like their version of like freestyle music. YUP YUP YUP YUP. the singles run for this album has been like crazy good i’m so excited for the album

honestly though, their entire singles run is flawless

Forever

Don't Save Me

Falling

The Wire

If I Could Change Your Mind

My Song 5

Want You Back

Little Of Your Love

Nothing's Wrong

Walking Away

Summer Girl

Now I'm In It

Hallelujah

The Steps

I Know Alone

they're weirdly all unique yet cohesive? what a greatest hits that'd be already

Okay this album is just what I needed right now. The last time I saw them was at Pitchfork last yr in the summer. It was unreal and this album reminds me of that show and energy. Really happy with the whole thing, so many favorites which doesn't happen always!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I gave their first album a listen but it felt a bit abstract, it sounded to me like all the songs were remixes. They sounded nice but I couldn’t get a grip of them. So I put on Women in music pt III instead and I like it a lot more! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png