Sitar

Teasers for 'Tropico' Released on YouTube

Oh God. This movie will be glorious! Can't wait to get my knickers in a twist about cultural appropriation! *rubs hands together gleefully* :creep:

I was joking!!   :creep:

Ha, but what if it does engage in offensive appropriation?

And then posed as David Kahne. I was thinking they were very similar too...which would mean "Diamond Ring" produced by David Kahne is also a real thing because it was from the same soundcloud, but someone didn't want us to spoil their find? :excited:

While I'd love for "Diamond Ring" produced by David Kahne to be a real thing, I sincerely hope nobody's dicking us around posing like that. I fucking hate that kind of shit.

:dorothy3:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ha, but what if it does engage in offensive appropriation?

I only speak about offensive appropriation if I have the knowledge and some sort of extensive exposure (worded kinda oddly) to the culture. (Or y'know, I'm a part of it). Googling information and lacking some sort of gateway to the culture, like extensive exposure, doesn't really suffice.

I don't know anything about Dia de Muertos. I have never been exposed to it in person. I've never even met a Mexican person in my life!  :toofunny: 

If it does engage in offensive appropriation, I hope that there's someone on the forum (ideally, a part of the culture :creep: ) that can explain the significance to it and why it is offensive. Conversely, I would say that I also hope there's someone on the forum of the culture that can explain why it ISN'T offensive, but I'm sure we'll have that base covered. 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

omg it's so colourful and the background at 0:03 looks so trashy and plastic but also beautiful  :oprah:

i'm so excited how this scenes will match those we've seen so far like those urban scenes with the car and the club scenes. i can imagine that those flying 'bel air' scenes could be edited in a similar way (very bright, many lights/reflections...)

the aspect ratio may be good for big screens like a cinema or smth but i don't like it that much (watching it on an ipad will be terrible tbh)

i76mrxw.png 

I'm just so relieved that it is actually happening!

And it looks flawless, the light effects are gorgeous!

Real curious how will the put Aliens in this though.... UFO gangsters? :defeated:

Guest Dot

I'm literally so overwhelmed right now I have no idea what to think or say...I really can't find the right words to describe how these 12 seconds made me feel about this. :oprah:

And the world stands still today... Definitely the best news I've seen in weeks :yesnod:

Since I watched that trailer for about 15 times, I'm ready for the complete version of Tropico more than ever. Already praying  :pray:

I think also that there're going to be loads of references to other things in Tropico. Very curious about this!

I'm sure that there will follow a full analysis here on Lanaboards when Tropico is released.

Stil wondering how the short movie's going to be released though. In the beginning Lana was speaking about the cinema I think but is it still so?

And for the the time left waiting, I just ride :justride2: